confession

goodbye summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin laid on the floor after practicing his choreography for two whole hours without break. He was a sweaty mess and he knew he needed to take a shower as soon as possible, especially when they all needed to be back in their dorm room in about an hour.

 

“Your choreography seems to be almost complete,” Jungkook commented after turning off the stereo.

 

“Seems satisfactory enough,” Jin added.

 

Jin and Taehyung seemed to have hit a slump in preparing their expressionery project, hence they decided to give him and Jungkook a visit at the dance studio in hopes that they would somehow feel the spark of inspiration again.

 

“It’s not perfect yet. I might change up some parts.”

 

“Well, it’s a good thing you’re taking this project seriously.” Jin flashed an encouraging smile. “I’m sure Ms. Cho will be proud of the end result.”

 

A sigh escaped Jimin’s lips. “I hope so. I wonder how the others are doing.”

 

“Go visit Yoongi sometime when he’s working,” Taehyung suggested, and Jimin wasn’t surprised anymore that the sophomore would grab any opportunity to mention the blonde male in front of him.

 

“I don’t think he’d want me there.”

 

“Why not?” Jungkook peered down at him.

 

Jimin sat up and ruffled his own hair. “He’s really serious when he works, I don’t want to disturb him.”

 

“You sound like you’re his boyfriend,” Taehyung mumbled, but loud enough for him and the others to hear, earning a few snickers.

 

Jimin didn’t respond immediately. Instead, he stared down at the floor, letting his thoughts carry him away momentarily. These days, it seemed that all he could think about was Yoongi. When Yoongi was nearby, he couldn’t help but to feel wary of the male’s presence and how they would act around each other. When Yoongi wasn’t, he would feel a hollow somewhere in his heart, a sense of emptiness that he wasn’t aware of before. It was similar to the past weekend when he found himself crying on Yoongi’s bed because he somehow missed his roommate a little too much after everything that happened. It wasn’t just Yoongi he missed; it was the jokes they exchanged, the grumpy looks the male would throw at him every once in a while, the trivial things that would somehow bring a smile to both of their faces. Nowadays, there seemed to be tension in the air every time they talked. Even if one of them did crack a joke, they couldn’t let it pass without a hint of suspense, that something might just happen. Although what that something was, Jimin was unsure.

 

“And what if I am?” Jimin spoke faster than his brain could control his mouth.

 

The studio turned deathly silent. He looked up to find the three boys staring back at him in bewilderment, and he realized they might have misunderstood him.

 

Taehyung was the first to speak with a hand raised midair. “Since when?”

 

“I—”

 

“Wait, you didn’t tell us this,” Jin declared.

 

Jimin backed away when Jungkook scooted closer to him with wide eyes. “So you and Yoongi are a thing now?”

 

“Can you—”

 

Jin slapped the floor. “I knew it! You should have told us earlier so we wouldn’t have to—”

 

“No!” Jimin raised his voice, and the three immediately fell silent. “No, Yoongi and I aren’t dating—or whatever people call it these days. I meant, so what if I am Yoongi’s boyfriend or something? Would you guys treat me differently? Or would things change between all of us?” Jimin muttered and lowered his gaze again, a habit he noticed long ago whenever he started losing confidence.

 

He heard a soft sigh that he recognized to be from Jin. “Is that what you’re worried about? Is that why you haven’t told him anything?”

 

“Well, no. I just… I don’t want him to get all angry, pissed, worked up, or whatever again. It’s like, I’m stepping on eggshells every time I talk to him nowadays. He might feel the same way around me and I hate that, but we can’t seem to help it? I don’t even know what happened that caused us to be like this. I also feel that if I somehow lose him, I’ll end up losing all of you as well.”

 

Jimin thought he might have talked a bit too much when he didn’t hear a reply. He started fidgeting with his shoelaces—Jimin realized he had been fidgeting a lot more often recently—until Taehyung finally spoke.

 

“That must be one of the dumbest things I’ve heard.”

 

Jimin looked up again in stupefaction. “What?”

 

“You can’t just lump Yoongi together with the rest of us. I mean, yeah, we’re all friends, but we’re not the same person. Boyfriend or not, Yoongi is still Yoongi and Jimin is still Jimin. And I can also tell you that you won’t lose Yoongi, at least not in the short run.”

 

He drew a long breath and groaned softly at himself. “I think I just realized something.”

 

“Whatever you just realized, we probably realized long before you did,” Jin remarked.

 

Jimin eyed Taehyung and when the sophomore returned his gaze, he had a feeling that there was a mutual understanding on what he was about to announce. He waited a split second before continuing, “

Please log in to read the full chapter