confession pt. 2

goodbye summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin woke up the next morning in a state of disbelief. Of course, he was agonized by the usual six o’clock alarm, but his roommate’s groans from across the room quickly reminded him of the events that occured the previous night. If it was possible to blush as soon as minutes after waking up, Jimin was probably doing just that at the moment. He told himself he’d talk to the blonde male after Jin, Taehyung, and Jungkook’s encouragement, but he didn’t think he’d actually find courage to confess the emotions that had probably been piling long since the beginning of the summer program. Thinking back, he probably started liking Yoongi long before he realized his crush—which may not even have been a legitimate one—on Jungkook.

 

He rolled onto his side to face the wall when he heard rustling sounds of his roommate throwing off his comforter and most likely pushing himself to sit up. There was a brief silence, and Jimin debated whether he should continue staying still because he couldn’t bring himself to face the elder. Surprisingly, Yoongi didn’t say anything. Instead, the sounds resumed, of the male dragging himself off bed and padding towards the door. It wasn’t until the door shutted and the room turned silent again when he rolled onto his back and stared up at the ceiling, worried on how the rest of his day would turn out. Part of his worries included the very likely torment of the five other boys picking on him the entire day.

 

“Today is a beautiful day, isn’t it?” Jin flashed a saccharine grin at Jimin during their usual morning runs.

 

At any other time, Jimin would have rolled his eyes, but he stopped himself from doing so because he was very aware that Yoongi was running not too far from him. When neither Jimin, nor Yoongi replied, Namjoon slapped Jin’s back and threw him a look that Jimin interpreted to mean something along the lines of between “Stop being an immature brat,” and “Yoongi might beat you up later.”

 

“Oh teach me how to love…” Taehyung started singing, earning cackles from the other boys aside from Jimin and Yoongi. Jimin was ready to crawl into any hole he could find that fit him.

 

Namjoon flashed Taehyung the same look. “How old are you guys really?”

 

“What? I was just practicing for my expressionery project.” Jimin didn’t miss the smirk that the sophomore threw in his direction, and Hoseok and Jungkook only continued snickering from behind.

 

Jimin cleared his throat and asked in an attempt to shift their focus away from him and Yoongi, “You’re singing for your project?”

 

“Is it that hard to believe? I’ve been working on it with Jin.”

 

“Jin is singing too?” He turned to eye the eldest.

 

Jin hummed, “Now that I think about it, we have vocalists, dancers, and rappers. We can totally form a boy group.”

 

Yoongi scoffed under his breath, but Jimin did consider that if they trained hard enough, they might actually be able to stand alongside the idols he had seen often on television. At least he considered that much for the rap trio and Jungkook; he hadn’t seen Jin and Taehyung sing to comment on them.

 

“Come watch us sometime, we can totally put on a performance,” Taehyung offered, but Jimin noticed that Jin didn’t seem too pleased with the comment.

 

To Jimin’s relief, the boys continued their trivial talk without bringing up his confession and somehow, whether they did it on purpose or not, he was left behind the group alone with Yoongi. Neither one of them said anything throughout the rest of their lap, but the slight grazes from Yoongi’s arm on his were enough to make his heart beat faster if that was even possible considering the running that they were already doing.

 

The rest of the day went by slower than usual, but Jimin was enjoying the time without hearing unnecessary comments from the other boys. He genuinely appreciated the boys in being considerate for once until he encountered Taehyung alone in the restroom after dinner.

 

The sophomore immediately smirked at him. “I bet you have a lot of plans for this weekend.”

 

“Let’s see,” Jimin held up his hand and started counting with his fingers, “there’s the math assignment, the five short stories to read and analyze for literature, the expository essay, the English assignment, and the expressionery and biology projects to work on. Oh, did I mention the additional chapters that we have to read to prepare for Monday?”

 

“And you’ll be doing all that with Yoongi, except your choreography, so they’re practically dates.”

 

“You know Yoongi will probably lock himself up in that music studio.” The thought upsetted Jimin because he was actually hoping that it’d be just as Taehyung said, that he would be able to do all those things with Yoongi without either one of them feeli

Please log in to read the full chapter