crush

goodbye summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

“ing Hell.”

 

Those were the two words Yoongi uttered as soon as he woke up, and Jimin could guess why.

 

The sunlight didn’t hit him; the six o’clock sunlight shone directly on Yoongi’s face. Jimin had miscalculated.

 

“I’m sorry,” Jimin apologized groggily, eyes only half-open.

 

Yoongi weakly waved his hand, brushing off Jimin’s apology. It seemed that the tension between them had calmed after their brief dialogue from the previous night, which made Jimin’s morning slightly better without needing to worry about being careful around his roommate.

 

The other squinted at the clock on the wall that faced them. “God, is the alarm automatic? It’s exactly six o’clock.”

 

“I hope there’s a staff whose sole job is to ring alarms just so I’d feel better that someone had to wake up earlier than us.”

 

Jimin staggered into the shower room with a cup and toothbrush in hand, tortured by the thought of having to do morning drills outside in the heat.

 

“Rise and shine, c’mon.” Jin clapped his back from behind, although he didn’t seem any more awake than Jimin was.

 

“Do you think they’d let me skip if I pretend to be sick?” Hoseok tottered in behind the elder.

 

“It’s Mr. Na we’re talking about. Judging from how he led the drills yesterday, he probably won’t let you off unless you tell him you suddenly grew an extra arm. Actually, even that might not work.”

 

“Goddamn it.”

 

Jimin set his cup and toothbrush by the sink and strolled to the toilets next door. He rubbed his eyes with a yawn, not noticing that there was already another male inside until he bumped his shoulder against the other’s back.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry.”

 

Taken aback, his eyes met Taehyung’s wide-eyed stare.

 

“Oh thank God, I thought you were going to pull down my pants.”

 

What?

 

“I—No, I’m sorry.”

 

Taehyung nodded and continued his business as Jimin stepped in front of the urinal beside his. Jimin was too tired to walk the extra distance to use the next one over.

 

“You’re not as small as I thought,” Taehyung commented with a hum.

 

Excuse me?

 

Jimin knew Taehyung must have noticed his astounded expression, for the other quickly turned away to face the wall instead.

 

“Don’t mind me. My father once said that you can bond with another man if you both have seen each other.”

 

Is this considered ual harassment?

 

When Jimin didn’t respond, Taehyung continued speaking.

 

“Kim Taehyung.” The male glanced at him, ensuring that his eyes were on his and nowhere else.

 

Jimin nodded. “I remember. I’m Park Jimin.”

 

“Oh,” Taehyung flashed a boxy grin. “I thought you wouldn’t remember my name because you seemed to focus on the others.”

 

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. “What do you mean?”

 

“Well, you seemed to mostly hang around Jin, Namjoon, and Hoseok. And, well… Please don’t take offense to this, but I was also quite perplexed on your relationship with Yoongi and Jungkook.”

 

“Relationship?”

 

“Yeah. Like… I thought you and Yoongi had a thing going on, but then I noticed the way you were looking at Jungkook yesterday during lunch and dinner, and I thought… Maybe you have a crush on Jungkook?” Taehyung eyed him carefully.

 

Jimin only gawked.

 

Taehyung widened his eyes as he gawked back at Jimin. “Oh God, was I right?”

 

“ No!”

 

~

 

Jin guffawed.

 

And Jimin had to nudge his side hard to pipe him down. He didn’t even know where Jin had the energy to laugh like that as he was already half spent after running back and forth between cones.

 

“Well, I suppose it

Please log in to read the full chapter