tension

goodbye summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

Neither Jimin, nor Yoongi, mentioned what happened two days ago when they fell asleep together on the elder’s bed. Jimin didn’t elaborate on why his emotional side overcame him, and Yoongi still didn’t explain his reasons for avoiding Jimin the previous week. Despite Jimin’s curiosity, he figured it wasn’t something his roommate wanted to particularly look back upon. He was also afraid that the mention of it would trigger Yoongi again and they would end up repeating the events.

 

Jimin was not sure if he was being overly paranoid, but there seemed to be a trace of tension in the atmosphere between them ever since their nap that afternoon. He wouldn’t call it an uncomfortable or awkward tension, but it felt to suggest something that meant more than what they could sense on the surface, as if they both knew that they had unspoken thoughts on each other but were too hesitant to verbalize them. Jimin would notice the glances from Yoongi when the other thought he wasn’t looking, and he would sometimes catch himself gazing at the junior subconsciously. He was also sure the other five boys noticed their acts, but to his content, none said anything.

 

“Ninety-three. Beat that, you punks.”

 

Namjoon pushed his biology exam papers towards the eldest male with a sneering smile, earning an eye roll.

 

“Excluding Nerdy Boy.”

 

To Jimin’s pleasant surprise, he scored an eighty-seven on his biology exam, two points higher than his roommate. Although he would have been happier if he scored a ninety-three like Jin and ecstatic if he scored a perfect hundred like Namjoon, he was still satisfied with his grade. Actually, all seven of them held what he considered to be decent scores with the lowest from Taehyung, a seventy-five.

 

“I hope we get the rest of our exams back this afternoon, except chemistry which I hope to receive tomorrow,” Hoseok sighed and shoved his papers back into his backpack.

 

“I find it more nerve-racking waiting for the results than to actually take the exams,” Taehyung added, which Jimin agreed to a certain extent.

 

“The good news is that none of us failed the biology one,” Namjoon encouraged with a small smile.

 

“Well, it’s safer if we score at least a seventy on everything. I heard that the teachers will send our schools a warning notice if we don’t.” Jungkook frowned.

 

“Yeah, and we receive report cards of some sort at the end of this program,” Hoseok groaned.

 

Jimin grimaced at the thought of his parents asking to see his grades. He really hoped that he scored at least an eighty on all of his exams just to avoid the scolding and nagging.

 

“Anyway,” Jin pushed his tray of empty dishes aside, “let’s lighten the mood. Exams are over and I think we all did our best, so that was that. Anything new?”

 

“What could be new when we’re all trapped in the countryside with no television, no cellphones, and limited Internet access? Heck, I can’t even watch —”

 

Namjoon eyed hard at Hoseok and pointed at his half-finished bowl of rice with his spoon. “I’m still eating.”

 

“You’re lab partners with Ina. I’m sure your imagination is more than enough.” Jin waved his hand, and Jimin recalled Hoseok’s confession during their last Truth or Dare game.

 

“Even so, the problem is I share a room with two people.”

 

Taehyung immediately flashed the junior a look of disgust and shifted away. “Is that why you’re making sounds at night?”

 

“Are you sure you’re not talking about Jungkook?”

 

“Excuse you, the only sounds I make are snores.”

 

“And how are you so sure the sounds aren’t coming from Jin’s room? Namjoon cuddles him for Pete’s sake.”

 

Namjoon raised his brow. “I don’t?”

 

Jin nudged Hoseok on the side and muttered, “That was supposed to be a joke.”

 

“Wait, you told them I cuddle you?” Namjoon stared at Jin incredulously.

 

“God, why can’t I have normal friends here?”

Please log in to read the full chapter