prologue

goodbye summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

For five minutes, Jimin was sure he got on the wrong bus as he mentally struggled in debate between asking the bus driver to let him off or waiting for a few more minutes to see where the bus was taking him because either of the decisions led him to one problem: he had no idea where he was. Plus, he was two hours late to realize this.

 

He recollected the conversations with his mother earlier in the morning and the past month or so, and came to one conclusion: there was no mention of the summer camp being in a rural area. In fact, his mother drilled in his head to call her as soon as he arrived at the boarding school. With a look at the surrounding fields, mountains, and bodies of water, however, cell service didn’t seem possible.

 

Another debate crossed his mind, leading him to scan the bus.

 

Should I ask someone?

 

His eyes shifted to a male sitting at the seat beside his. For whatever reason, the first thought that came to his mind was how much the boy reminded him of a middle school child. Honestly, Jimin thought the boy looked cute and in any other situation, he might actually strike up a conversation with him with a bit of blind courage. But, it wasn’t the time for his teenage hormones to act up—not that he was ually attracted to middle school boys. Besides, the boy looked to be fast asleep.

 

His next target was the person sitting at the seat in front of his. He lifted himself a little and with a quick peek, he could tell this one was also asleep. Eyes closed, mouth hanging open.

 

He mouthed a silent prayer in hopes that his final target—the person sitting at the seat behind his—would be awake and perhaps have an answer to his question.

 

Please— A soft gasp escaped his lips as his eyes directly met another male’s, whose bleached hair looked too blonde and bright to belong to that of a student. A delinquent?

 

“Um. Hey,” he started.

 

The male stared back at him with such a bored express

Please log in to read the full chapter