Chapter 09

In Need Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shuhua and Minnie were sitting down next to each other under a tree, waiting for Yuqi and Miyeon to bring the ice cream they wanted so bad to buy; Minnie gave them the money for it, claiming she had to work really hard for it while Shuhua tries not to laugh knowing it was just a part of her allowance; It was kind of fun to pretend. 

 

"So how did your mom let you come?" The older asks in a whisper "She seems like the annoying type. No offense"

 

"None taken. Well…" The girl giggles "She was more than excited to hear that Nicha Yontararak wanted to hang out with me" The older laughs quietly.

 

"So you're just using me as a free pass to go around huh? How smart of you" She said. "I love it"

 

"Yeah she gave me a whole talk about how bonding was good for future business partnership or something "

 

"Oh I heard a lot of those talks too" Minnie said. "My dad loves to have me befriend as many rich heirs as possible but I never actually become friends with them" she smiles "so you're my first rich buddy"

 

"Rich Buddy" The younger said, mocking. "Gosh, tell me about exposing your age" 

 

"Hey! I'm in my prime!" 

 

Not far away from there Soojin was sitting near the lake, staring at the two girls under a tree while whispering to each other. Had they always been like this or was she just aware of how they behaved now that she knows what she knows?

 

"Please stop staring at them" Soyeon said once again, this time pressing the cold bottle of soda against the redhaired's forehead who gasps at the cold against her skin. "Let them be"

 

"Sorry! I just- argh! I don't know, I just can't let go of that" Soojin says, taking a gulp from the drink.

 

'You really are jealous' Soyeon thinks, drinking in silence as she watches Shuhua and Minnie casually talk to each other, as much as Soojin said they were dating she couldn't tell any romantic behavior in the way they were acting, the friendship gap was there, no meaningful glances, nothing. So it was easy to conclude that this supposed romantic vibe was all in Soojin's head and her, surprisingly, very obsessive kind of jealousy. She didn't think her usually so friendly and quiet friend would be this focused when on jealous mode. 

 

"I know we said we would get some ice cream but we saw an ice cream bucket and we had to buy it!" Yuqi says, arriving with Miyeon right behind her and Soyeon sighs knowing that at least she wouldn't have to keep on distracting Soojin from making a scene right there. Minnie fakes a surprised gasp.

 

"My money!" 

 

"I'll pay you back!" Miyeon was quick to say, always the first one to fall for Minnie's puppy eyes trick. "I swear" 

 

"I hope so!" She teased the older while Shuhua tried not to laugh at how Miyeon was quick to make promises and ensure Minnie wasn’t actually upset.

 

.

.

.

 

“Okay so, Books, Notebook, Uniform-” Joohyun points at each item, now on the table, as she checks if everything Yeri would need at school was there. 

 

“Backpack!” Seulgi adds, placing the bag on the table as well. Yeri, on the couch but still paying attention to the two of them, pouts at the whole thing.

 

“You guys are too eager to send me to school”

 

“Someone has to” Joohyun replied with a smirk “Plus, that means I won’t see you for half of the day. It’s fantastic” Seulgi smacked her arm playfully at that, then blushed when Joohyun looked at her, quickly looking elsewhere which made the older frown. 

 

"Yo, are people there hot?"

 

"You're there to study, not to date" 

 

It was a bit hypocritical to say that. Joohyun had a lot of girlfriends back in high school, everything hidden from her family but still, those moments there meant to be used for studying were wasted in the janitor's closet locking lips with another girl; Still, there was no regrets from those times, despite being used as a experiment to some girls here and there, it isn't like she wasn't also using them to forget her feelings for her best friend who is now behaving weirdly and avoiding looking at her. 

 

But before she could say anything, the other turned to Yeri and asked for her help to make dinner which the younger quickly accepted, she was always more up to spend time with Seulgi and at least she was gonna learn to cook something that isn't ramen. Joohyun thought everything was going fine, she hopes it stays like this as things tend to go bad when they'r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter