Chapter 07

In Need Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They couldn't stop staring at each other, shock evident in their faces as the man kept on making the introductions between the two families but a exchange of looks were enough for them to decide it was for the best to pretend they were just meeting each other and of course it didn't take long before her mother encouraged her to befriend the older girl as she and Minnie's parents eventually moved away, probably to talk about business, Before the younger could express anything she was being dragged around by the older to a spot away from the party, the hallway upstairs. 

 

"What are you doing here?" Minnie asked.

 

"I should be asking the same question!" The younger replies. "You said your mom was sick!"

 

"Okay! Maybe I've lied" Shuhua arches an eyebrow "Ok, I've lied, But I didn't know what excuse to use"

 

"Why would you need an excuse?"

 

"I don't want people to know about this" She motions around and Shuhua frowns, Minnie realized the younger didn't get it, she knew she wouldn't, despite both coming from rich families it was bound to happen that new money doesn't have the same experience as old money. "I don't want people to get close because of what my family has," She explains. "Is bound to happen eventually so is for the best for me to pretend" 

 

"Oh…" She never thought of that "So not even Miyeon unnie knows?" She asks and gasps as the older nods before throwing her head back against the wall with a low grunt. "Don't worry, unnie I don't plan on telling anyone" She tried to reassure her and got a gentle smile as an answer and she couldn’t help but smile back.

 

Then her eyes looked down on their own and she wanted to smack herself, Minnie unnie was like an older sister, that’s true but she wasn’t to pretend she’s blind and act like she wasn’t really beautiful in that dress, she never saw her in dresses before, Minnie was the type to show up at school with ripped jeans, a hoodie and sometimes a long coat that she would open wide so Shuhua could make it's way inside and snuggle with her for warmth in the few times she forgot her own jacket and it was too cold and so she knew that the whole fancy dress thing was probably just to please her parents just like Shuhua.

 

“Unnie, You’re really beautiful” She tried to sound confident and natural with her compliment but the way her face turned red gave away how nervous she was and Minnie smiled at that.

 

“You look cute too”

 

‘cute’ She thought, frowning as she tried not to get annoyed at the word. Minnie was older than Soojin, so if Minnie could only think of her as cute then what are the chances of Soojin thinking any different?

 

The older girl noticed Shuhua's mood shift and quickly tried to rethink her words.

 

"You're usually cute" She said "But right now you're really beautiful" she adds with a smile, said smile becomes bigger as she notices how Shuhua smiles at the compliment, she guesses the younger was coming into that age in which being associated with cute wasn't an option anymore. "Oh I had an idea" 

 

"an Idea?" Shuhua asks, confused while Minnie crosses her arms and smirks at her and the younger gulps, that smirk means she was planning something that would get them in trouble or be yelled at, she saw it several times before she pranked Miyeon and Yuqi. 

 

"Let's run away from the Party!" 

 

.

.

.

 

"and this is the last box!" Joohyun said with a loud grunt as she finally placed the box filled with dog toys inside Sooyoung's room while ignoring the dog following her around, her owner was putting everything in place. "You should've helped me more" She complained as she watches the younger use one of the draws to keep Haetmin's clothes. 'This is ridiculous' The older thought. 

 

"Joohyun unnie~" Sooyoung started with her flirty voice and Joohyun crossed her arms. "I gave you the room now you have to give me something in exchange"

 

Of course, Getting her to give up the spare room so Yeri could sleep there once she arrives, -Seulgi left to pick her up- means she needed to give

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter