Chapter 16

In Need Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin woke up on the guest room of Soyeon’s house, where they all decided to spent the night after the chaos that was that party, the dancer realized right away that she was in the room Shuhua usually slept on when she spent the night in Soyeon’s house, she could tell by the soft scent of peaches that made her feel so at peace; She thinks about last night, about how she ruined everything by not paying attention like she was supposed to and how she managed to break Shuhua’s heart after promising herself to take care of her and not let anyone take advantage of her only for her to be the one to do that.

 

She wanted to talk to her, to apologize. 

 

Soojin rubs her face with her hands several times, trying to find an answer in her past actions, wondering why she wasn’t clear, why she didn't make her intentions clear; She thinks back at that moment, her mind was only focused on keeping Shuhua away from the other dance club members, from Joohyun and her sister; It didn’t take much to realize her jealousy was to blame, too blind by her possessiveness to see how much damage her actions were going to cause on Shuhua who’s only mistake was trusting so much, expecting too much from Soojin. 

 

She sat on the bed and looked around, some of her stuff was still there, some books and her favorite magazines, the ones with her favorite idols and groups; On the chair in the corner of the room, Soojin spotted her school uniform and couldn’t help but smile, Shuhua’s uniform was always a bit bigger for her, she can clearly remember her tiny hands poking out of the sleeves and how adorable she looked when running around with Yuqi to buy snacks. 

 

And that’s how Soojin told herself she should look at her, Adorable. Nothing else.

 

She was just her cute dongsaeng and to see her as anything beyond that should be off limits. Wrong; It was easier at first, when she was just cute, felt easier to ignore how their eyes would always end up finding each other before they both looked away while Shuhua would try to hide her blush.

 

Soojin wanted Shuhua's feelings for her to go away as quickly as possible.

 

It would be easier for herself to ignore her own that way. 

 

She stood up from the bed, making her way to the chair and holding the sleeve of the shirt tightly against her finger tips, her mind thinks back of last night and the sight of Shuhua ing her shirt, claiming how she's a woman now, and so she released the shirt right away and closes her eyes, taking a deep breath to let the image fade away from her mind.

 

She left the room without doing much noise and just focusing on the noise of the TV downstairs and saw Minnie laying on the couch like this was her own house and Soojin couldn't stop herself from chuckling, which made the older look at her; She doesn't look as upset as last night anymore, a good night of sleep was what they needed.

 

"Have you seen my phone? I can't find it" Soojin asked, approaching the older who hums, still focusing on the TV.

 

"Why?"

 

"I want to call Shuhua" She was honest, she wanted to talk to the girl, trying to repair the damage she did.

 

Minnie turned off the TV, sitting down on the couch and staring at Soojin.

 

"Good thing I hid it from you then"

 

"You what-" Minnie raised her hand, signaling for her to stop talking and Soojin did.

 

"I think you're the last person she wants to talk to right now" Soojin opens but Minnie keeps going. "I know you want to apologize but it's for the better you give her space, she's in good hands" Soojin glares.

 

"She's with Joohyun."

 

"Joohyun unnie" Minnie corrected "I don't understand why you don't like her when she takes good care of Shuhua and Shuhua seems to like her-" Minnie stops mid sentence as she notices Soojin getting redder at every word she says and then it finally clicked. "Oh my god, You're jealous!"

 

"I'm not!" Soojin knew she was, but saying out loud meant admitting feelings she didn't want to face. "I just don't trust her-" 

 

"You're jealous Soojin, stop trying to find other excuses when there's none"

 

"I'm not jealous!"

 

"Then what's with the protectiveness?" said Minnie.

 

"I'm her unnie! I have to protect her!" The girl argued. 

 

"The possessiveness?"

 

"I-"

 

"Soojin are you dumb?" 

 

She was quiet, not knowing how to argue anymore and Minnie sighes, pulling the girl to finally sit down on the couch next to her, and so Soojin did without saying anything. 

 

"The more you try to hide, the obvious it becomes you know?"

 

"I-... Unnie, she's a-"

 

"Shuhua is young but to argue that she's a kid it's a bit much don't you think" She said, holding Soojin's hands. "I know you had your… bad experiences. "She felt Minnie squeeze her fingers "And as your unnie, it was my job to protect you back then but I didn't"

 

"Unnie-" She wanted to comfort Minnie and say that she wasn't to blame but the older kept on talking.

 

"But this is not the same as back then, Soojin" Minnie said. "What you're feeling regards to Shuhua isn't the same I have felt back then at all" She released her hands "So I think you should not only give her some space but also take some time for yourself to accepted whatever it's going on in your heart" 

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Shuhua woke up in Joohyun's room, but the older was already gone, judging by the sounds outside, it seems they were in the kitchen having breakfast; The younger felt awkward, now that the alcohol was no longer in her system, knowing that she had to get up and face everyone else after god knows how many embarrassing things the night before; She wanted to hide under the covers until she could slip away unnoticed but of course she couldn't; The feeling of embarrassment and anxiousness was still there she got up and made her way outside, trying to fix her messy hair as she qui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter