Chapter 14

In Need Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I hope you'll have fun" Soojin's words finally reach her ears as she's dragged inside by Yuqi and Soyeon, the older has a wide smile as she watches Shuhua's surprised face, not knowing the real reason behind her shock. "We have been planning this for a while now"

 

"I was supposed to be the one to bring you here but-" Miyeon pouts "They said I wasn't to be trusted with the surprise" They all laugh, commenting about how Miyeon would've told Shuhua about the surprise as soon as she saw her and how Soojin was more trustworthy with that task, Shuhua makes sure to fake laugh as they talk and joke around and suddenly her mom's advices during business parties make sense. 

 

Don't let them know you don't want to be there.

 

Don't let them know you don't really care about what they're talking about. 

 

"We got you some gifts!" Minnie said, coming in with 3 boxes of gifts, Shuhua could only vaguely think of how she came up with an excuse to buy all that.

 

"I got you gifts too!" Yuqi quickly said, bring her own, it was smaller but she was for sure proud of it "I have been saving my allowance!" She looked into Yuqi's eyes, shining so bright and she felt bad for not caring about this party at all.

 

Soojin is still next to her, an arm wrapped around her shoulders as she looks at their friends with this big, proud smile in her lips and Shuhua can feel her hand squeezing her shoulder from time to time as they talk to the others who start to order their food before they can open anything; She sit so close to Soojin yet she didn't felt anything from it besides how her heart aching because of her. 

 

She felt stupid for thinking Seo Soojin of all people would go on a date with her; She was a normal girl, she wasn't like Shuhua. 

 

"I need to go to the bathroom" She calmly said, surprised at how neutral she sounded and Soojin released the girl from her hold and they watched as she went. 

 

"She looked really shocked "Soyeon comments once she's away and Soojin smiles.

 

"I think she thought we forgot about her birthday" The girl suggested, still smiling as she remembers Shuhua was wearing makeup that night and Soojin felt oddly happy knowing she had done that for her instead of someone else. However, their second oldest didn't really buy on what Soojin said and while the group was talking, Minnie put her gifts on the ground and quietly made her way to the bathroom. Something doesn't feel right.

 

Meanwhile Shuhua was leaning against the sink of the bathroom as she took deep breaths, trying to keep herself from crying like a baby, telling herself she should’ve seen that coming anyways.Yet that didn’t stop her eyes from tearing up as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter