Chapter 20

In Need Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The skies suddenly turned grey and the waterdrops started to pour so they quickly went inside the bookstore until the rain was over, it was safer than driving; Yeri took off her jacket and threw it on top of the desk near the window with a view of the outside while Shuhua made her way to the bookshelves to find something to read and kill some time.

 

"What is it about?" Yeri asked as she saw the other coming back with a book in her hands as she sits in front of her. 

 

"It's a romance… kind of"

 

"You don't know?" 

 

"I've only read the first one," Shuhua replied as she opened the book. "It's about a cheerleader and a basketball player that hate each other but eventually fall in love" Shuhua turns some pages. "But they don't kiss 'till chapter 45 of the second book"

 

"Woah, that pace-"

 

"Gotta be patient I guess" She said and Yeri stood up and moved so she could sit next to the other. 

 

"Let's read together" She offered and the taiwanese agreed.

 

It was good to spend time like this, just doing things she likes with a friend without having to worry about romantic feelings or unresolved tension; Plus the girl wanted to give her own heart a break as much as possible but she also knew that eventually she would have to talk to Soojin and make things clear between them, and the girl hoped that once she promises Soojin she'll let go and move on from her and forget any feelings she has for the older, then Soojin will still want to be friends.

 

"Wait-" She heard Yeri say, making her snap out of her thoughts. "She's in love with someone else?" She asked pointing at the book and the younger laughed as she nodded. "Who is it?"

 

"No clue yet, The book doesn't say but I think it is-"

 

.



.



.



Joohyun stared at Soojin who held her gaze, not wanting the older to think she would be intimidated by her;

 

"What do you want?"

 

"We both know what I want to talk about," She said. "Shuhua"

 

The girl doesn't get it, why did she care so much about Shuhua? What are her intentions? A part of her, the one still stuck in the past and the bad experiences expected the worst but Soojin took a deep breath before letting jealousy take charge of her actions and words yet again. 

 

"I know girls your type," Joohyun said and Soojin frowned.

 

"... My type?"

 

"Yeah" The woman said. "You played with her feelings-"

 

"I-"

 

"I'm not done talking yet! Shuhua came to me, weeks ago because she wanted to impress the person she liked so much" Soojin felt her chest ache at those words. "and I helped, despite knowing that deep down it was going to be one-sided and you not only proved me right once" She pointed at Soojin. "But twice and over and over again by using her"

 

"I didn't use her!" The younger one said. "My feelings for Shuhua-... They're none of your business!" 

 

'coward' says the voice in the back of her head. 'not even now you can admit out loud you love her'

 

"It's my business if you hurt her" Joohyun said; She knew she should probably let Soojin speak, it was clear on her face that there were things she couldn't bring herself to say outloud and this conversation was causing some conflict inside her head but she also wanted her to know the full impact of her actions on Shuhua and her feelings. "She cried all night because of you!" 

 

Soojin looks down, she doesn't want to hear any of this but can't bring herself to leave either.

 

Joohyun looks up to the ceiling as she takes a deep breath while Soojin finds her own shoes more interesting. 

 

"You never liked me," Joohyung said, calmer this time. "I don't know why, but you always looked at me like I had committed some crime-"

 

"I was-... Jealous that Shuhua w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter