Chapter 04

In Need Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Please, Please. I'm trusting you to not starve my dog to death" Sooyoung said once again as Joohyun was trying to close the door with no success since the taller girl was holding to it like her life depended on it, giving god knows how many instructions about how to babysit a dog. 

"I'm not that cruel" She replied, offended she would think she would go as far as not giving the little demon food. "Also, don't be overdramatic, you're just going out to buy groceries" 

"But-"

"Leave!" It's all Joohyun says before forcing her out of the apartment, going into the living room, sitting down on the couch and checking her texts again. No reply from Yeri yet, for a moment she thought of calling, deep down her older sister instincts wanting to make sure she was okay but it was only 10 am, she knew by now Yeri was either sleeping from another gaming night session or at school, also sleeping. She would rather not bother her right now.

She scrolled through her contacts list and saw Yeh Shuhua's name. 'So formal' She thought before changing the girl's name to just 'Shuhua'; Still remembered how it was the younger's idea to exchange phone numbers, it was before she got embarrassed when Joohyun pointed out how she could boldly ask for a older woman's phone number but couldn't talk a full conversation with Seo Soojin. Then again, it wasn't like she was in the position to mock the younger girl. 

At least she was in good terms with her crush and not some awkward dynamic they can't quite place right now.

'Ah the perks of teenage years' She leans back before looking at her phone again. She did say she was going to help the kid. 

 

Joohyun:

Hey

Still want my help?

 

She sent the text and waited, hoping she was able to answer even if she was in class. It took a few minutes but the reply came.

 

Shuhua:

Joohyun! Hello.

 

She tries not to flinch at the lack of honorifics in her texts, letting it slip for now. 

 

Joohyun: 

Hello. I assume you're already in school?

 

Shuhua:

Yes, I am. 

And to answer your question: Yes I would still like your help. Maybe… If I look more mature I can get Soojin-Unnie to like me.

 

Look Mature…

 

She had no idea how that would work, Shuhua was alright for her age. Joohyun gave her that, but she could tell Shuhua looked far… cuter than any other 18 year old, something just made her look younger than she actually was and she was sure that stopped people from trying to ask her out.

 

Joohyun:

I'll figure something out. 

I'll be there around afternoon so we can talk.

 

And maybe, try and use this in her favor; Doing some good deeds for sure would impress a certain dancer who she can tell is still upset at her. 

 

.

.

.

 

They always sat together to eat, at first it was just Shuhua and Yuqi on their own, only having each other in the middle of so many koreans but as Yuqi became closer and started to date Soyeon, she was a part of their group now and as a consequence so were her friends, They were a bit overwhelming at first but Shuhua quickly became comfortable around them, Enough to let loose in those moments and be as loud as she knew she couldn't be outside of school.

Miyeon was gentle, patient and always ready to give affection, to shower anyone with compliments. It was a bit uncomfortable at first, Shuhua lost count how many times she avoided the eldest of the group, being on the receiving end of affection was something so unusual to her, plus the caring look she had always made her nervous as well, as if her body had to remind her of the feelings she wasn't supposed to feel. 

Not for girls at least.

Minnie was loud and despite being the second oldest, she didn't behave like that despite looking really intimidating when they first met. She played with Shuhua like they were same age friends and she never felt like the gap between them existed, Sometimes Shuhua would catch her staring into space, with this sad look in her eyes only to get into a paper, rock scissors game with Yuqi over who's going to pay the other's lunch that weekend a few minutes later, She was nice, difficult to read sometimes, but she was a good friend.

Yuqi told her once that for a while she was jealous of how Soyeon treated her and how she fully believed she was crushing on someone who was into her best friend and that was the reason she  took some time before she had the courage to confess. Shuhua remembered laughing at Yuqi when she confessed that. the whole thing sounded too surreal.

But she does see her point, it can be pretty ambiguous for someone who doesn't know them or doesn't know how caring the blonde can be with her words and gestures; Always ready to give comfort when needed. 

She remembers crying on her shoulder, by the school's staircase, after a rough morning at home, and how she promised she wouldn't tell anyone if Shuhua didn't want to talk about it and that's around that time when she started to have sleepovers at her house as well; Soyeon became a bit more protective from that day on. 

As for Soojin. 

Shuhua doesn't know if it was love at first sight, but something about her eyes stayed in her mind ever since the first time she saw her, walking around the school's corridors, books pressed against her chest and talking casually with her friends; When Soyeon introduced them, after 2 months of dating Yuqi, Shuhua remembered that her hands were shaking when she looked at Soojin, she was tall, intimidating and her red hair was vibrant and made her stood out even more. 

She was a bit scared of her. 

But then she spoke up, with her quiet and sweet voice and her brown eyes looked into Shuhua's eyes for a quick second and it was like all her worries were gone. She remembers how she smiles shyly when introducing herself, avoiding eye contact but laughing when Soyeon teases her about it. 

She knows a lot about Soojin, but not from directly asking her. Mostly from paying attention to the few times she sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter