Chapter 10

In Need Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyeon and Minnie have been friends for seven years, they first met each other when they were fourteen, in the school's library when Minnie, by accident, dropped several books, thankfully only Miyeon was there and as they put everything back into place they kept on talking and got along right away, and didn't take long before they became friends and then best friends.

 

Miyeon knew that Minnie's parents were workaholics too busy to pay attention to her and so the younger would mostly spend her time in her house, as they played video games and heard Miyeon's uncle tell his lame jokes while her aunt would bring them snacks. 

 

Minnie knew that Miyeon's father left her and her mother when she was too young to properly remember him and how her mother eventually passed away as well and so she was raised by relatives, She knows the older has a big heart and gives all the love and affection she didn't get to have at a young age, even if her aunt and uncle were just fine. 

 

They were sixteen when they first met Soojin and Soyeon, the two childhood best friends who were always together and for a few weeks they believed they were dating if it wasn't for Soojin announcing her relationship with a boy four years older that same month. 

 

They were eighteen when Soojin showed up on Miyeon's door on a rainy night as her eyes were puffy from crying and she wanted someone to comfort her after a messy break up. He had cheated on her, and among some other things she confessed to her unnies between sobs. 

 

Minnie feels she shared a lot of important moments of her life with Miyeon, and the older felt the same as well, like when Miyeon confessed not knowing how to ride a bicycle and Minnie tried to teach her only for it to end up with Miyeon on the living of her house while her aunt took care of her bloody arm while Minnie was crying her eyes out as she apologized, which only caused the Miyeon to laugh at how quick she was to lose her cool. 

 

Miyeon waited until Minnie's 19th birthday so they could have their first try of alcohol together, sitting alone on the older's room as they laugh at anything and are too drunk to stand up, just to be yelled at the next morning once her uncle finds them passed out on the floor surrounded by two bottles of beer and unfinished bags of potato chips, some english sound playing in the stereo the older barely used. 

 

Minnie was twenty when they celebrated Soojin's birthday, it was her first time drinking alcohol and they made sure to take pics, especially at Soojin's disgusted face as she tasted it and claimed she'll never drink in her life. She said that before getting drunk and Minnie got frosting all over her face in an almost food fight with the younger one. 

 

Miyeon was twenty when she fell in love with Minnie.

 

"How's your mother?" She asks as they finish putting the cooler and the bicycle back in the garage just in time to go upstairs and watch some movies before dinner was ready, but judging from how much they ate that afternoon, they wouldn't be eating anything else so soon. 

 

"She's just fine, why?" Minnie replied without thinking much of what she was saying, too tired to watch her words as Miyeon frowns at that answer knowing that the girl's mother was sick, Minnie herself said that. 

 

She thinks back of the ignored texts and calls last night and couldn't help but ask herself as she follows, in silence, Minnie back into the house:

 

Why was she lying?

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Shuhua didn't know how to react at Soojin's words, her brain didn't know what she should focus on first, if it was how they were holding hands and how tight Soojin's grip was, like she was afraid Shuhua would run away at any moment, or if she should focus on her eyes and how they looked so different almost like she was anxious for her answer. The younger blinks for a second as she tries to think of what to say.

 

"Unnie, I-" she takes a deep breath "I'm not dating Minnie unnie, why would you think that?" She asked, trying to understand how the older got that idea; Minnie was beautiful, of course and Shuhua would be lying if the older didn't made her blush sometimes but there's all, she was nothing more than that but she couldn't bring herself to tell Soojin that the one she loved was currently holding her hand like her life depended on it. 

 

"I saw you two together yesterday" She insisted, not wanting to be lied to again. "Walking together all couple like"

 

"We just met up on our way home" Technically it wasn't a lie but she wasn't about to tell Soojin one of Minnie's secrets just like that. "So we just decided to eat together, it wasn’t a date or anything" 

 

Soojin could only stare at the you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter