Chapter 13

In Need Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I feel emotionally destroyed" It's all Yeri says as they made their way inside the apartment; First day at school can be tiring, knowing where everything is, teachers and their names, students and their names as well as the subjects, Nobody really could judge Yeri despite her clearly acting like she was about to die after having to actually go study. "I'll be in my room, recharging. don't talk to me unless it is dinner" she complained as she made her way to her room while Seulgi and Joohyun try not to laugh at all her drama. 

 

"She really takes after you" Seulgi says, causing Joohyun to stop laughing. 

 

"What? I was never this dramatic!" She replied.

 

"I'm pretty sure you once said 'Seulgi if I see another math equation I'll suffocate my teacher with this book' with a straight face" The girl replied as she took off her jacket and threw it on the couch, Joohyun did the same. "It was around that time I had to stop you from sleeping under the staircases cause you claimed you can't handle history classes" 

 

"So you're just gonna bring up my criminal records too?" The older asks, going into the kitchen and grabbing the bottle of wine from the fridge; She comes back and gives Seulgi a glass and starts to pour it for her.

 

"All I'm saying is… all that Yeri does you also did at some point and that's why-"

 

"That's why I should nag on her so she won't repeat it" Joohyun interrupted, now pouring wine for herself. 

 

"Well, that's true" Seulgi took a sip "But also, You should be more understanding"

 

"I guess I just have never been a good older sister" Joohyun takes a sip as well, sitting down on the couch  next to Seulgi, both placed their feet on top of the coffee table and Joohyun chuckles when she remembers how she lectured Yeri for doing the exact same thing. "I never really had the patience…"

 

"That's not true" Seulgi said "Do you remember when you would help me with my homework?"

 

"You mean when I was supposed to help you with your homework but we would stay in my room all day watching movies?" The older corrected, making Seulgi laugh as she nods.

 

"Yeah, Yeah… That!" She said "I remember this one night, the internet connection was ty, it was raining a lot and… "She laughs at the memory "We were in your bed when Yeri came in and she was like, 9 I think? maybe 10…" 

 

"She was 10…" Joohyun said between gulps. She remembered that day, it was a few months before she moved out.

 

"And she comes in running, saying something like 'Joohyun unnie, Joohyun unnie! I'm scared of the thunder!' and she was really small and couldn't climb up the bed properly " They both laugh as they remember. 

 

Seulgi laid her head on Joohyun's shoulder who kept on drinking.

 

"And then you picked her up and I remember you saying how everything was gonna be okay cause you're there to protect her." She held the older's left hand. "You kept her on your arms all night and we eventually all slept together in that small bed…" 

 

"Why are you bringing this up?" Joohyun asked "I'm not an emotional drunk, you're not gonna make me cry" 

 

Seulgi laughs.

 

"I'm just saying that you're not a bad sister" She squeezed her hand. "I think you just don't know how to not act like her mother" Joohyun didn't reply to that. "You know Yeri would feel better if you were… nicer you know? not so-"

 

"Cold?" She suggested. "I'm too cold?" She asked. 

 

Seulgi was quiet now, her hands now playing with the older's fingers who drank in silence. 

 

"For some time I thought you were the coldest on earth" Seulgi confessed. "Like when you were humming your favorite song right after Wendy left for canada, or how you would say that was a good day to other people"

 

'She noticed I was glad Wendy left.' Joohyun thought. 

 

"I didn't think you noticed"

 

"I'm not that stupid" 

 

"I don't think you're stupid" Joohyun was quick to clean that up "Oblivious yes, but not stupid"

 

"I'm not as oblivious as you think either" She looks at the Joohyun who looks at Seulgi as well, the older tries not to react to how close their faces are or how their noses are touching and how she can feel Seulgi's breath touching her skin. "I do notice things, I just decide if I want to act on them or not" She said, it was barely a whisper but Joohyun heard it. 

 

Joohyun didn't know if Seulgi was sending her a hint that she knows about her feelings, and that she wants for the older to act on those feelings, she couldn't read her face right now and could only take the risk of slowly moving closer to her face, almost stopped breathing as she noticed the younger's eyes closing slowly as she still looked at Joohyun's lips as well, she stopped for a second when she hears Seulgi's voice come out in a whisper.

 

"Don't forget about this too…" She asks, moving her hand to the older's jaw, softly caressing the skin. 

 

"If I do," Joohyun press their foreheads together "I'm trusting you to remind me again and again" 

 

Back in highschool, alone in the library while studying for tests together, Joohyun would always find herself staring at the younger's lips, daydreaming about how soft they were, if they would be sweet against her own lips, and if they were warm just like her smile. 

 

It was more than she expected, to have her lips against her own, warm and soft, tasting like wine; Wasn't a deep kiss, they didn't felt the urge to do anything besides keeping their lips against each other, But Joohyun couldn't help but feel her face burn from embarrassment as she feels like a teenager giving her first kiss, too shy and inexperienced to properly move her lips, But she accepted that's the effect Seulgi had on her.

 

The younger moved away first and Joohyun softly smiles as Seulgi blushes and hides her face against Joohyun's neck, there's no exchange of words, just them holding each other in silence, which wasn't uncomfortable at all and eventually, thanks to the alcohol, they end up falling asleep like this, by the couch. 

 

When morning came, Joohyun woke up alone, yet with her bed's covers on top of her, Seulgi and Yeri nowhere to be seen; The woman grabbed her phone and saw the younger texts saying she had to drive Yeri to school but she was going to be back in a few since she didn't had classes that morning. 

 

Putting her phone back on the coffee table Joohyun touches her own lips and closes her eyes thinking about last night and tries to keep herself from smiling as she thinks of seulgi, hoping things start to go right with them; She heard the door open and quickly stood up, but it wasn't Seulgi as she expected, instead it was Sooyoung carrying some boxes. 

 

"What are you doing…?" She asked as the younger walked in, placing the boxes near the door. "What are those?"

 

"I broke up with my boyfriend," Sooyoung said, casually as she walked into the kitchen, Joohyun right behind her. "So I went back to his place to pick some of my stuff"

 

"Oh… are you… Okay?" She asked, awkwardly. She was terrible at comforting people but the girl in front of herself looked fine, like nothing else changed.

 

"Yeah, Yeah; I already have my eyes on someone else" She says with a smile as she sits down by the table and pats the chair next to her, gesturing for Joohyun to sit next to her, which the older one did. "He's really cute!-" She squeals, picking her phone, looking for his profile on the internet while Joohyun waits, not wanting to comment that she doubts she would find her soon-to-be new boyfriend anything besides 'alright'. "He also likes dogs!"

 

"Oh wonderful, another dog-parent" Joohyun said, already picturing them taking family pictures with their dogs in baby clothes. 

 

"I'm home!" They heard Seulgi say after the sound of the door being opened. 

 

"We're in the kitchen!" Sooyoung said, still showing the pictures. "So cute!"

 

"The dogs or the b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter