Chapter 03

In Need Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun and Seulgi shared an apartment since the younger graduated high school, both working on their free time to pay the rent by the end of the month. It's been like this since the past 2 years until Wendy joined them, and so paying the bills was easier.

Wendy was Seulgi's best friend.

But Joohyun was okay with her, living with her, despite her growing jealousy every time she saw them together, her mind couldn't help but wonder if they really were just friends, focusing on how they hugged or looked into each other's eyes; Blinded by jealousy she didn't seem to notice the dynamic between her and Seulgi shift, slowly and subtle but still happening. They weren't as close anymore.

And for a while, She blamed and hated Wendy.

So last year, as they celebrated Christmas, when Wendy announced she was moving out to another country thanks to a job opportunity, and while Seulgi stood there, surprised. Joohyun put a lot of effort on keeping herself from smiling at the news.

It was just the two of them again and as she stood by the airport comforting a crying Seulgi as they waved Wendy goodbye just a few months later, she didn't try to lie to herself and pretend she wasn't happy, like this was a competition and she just won the gold medal.

She accepted she was just this selfish.

Sooyoung joined them a few months later, along with her dog -Much to Joohyun's displeasure - and despite her flirty nature, especially with Seulgi who would easily get flustered, the oldest of them all felt at ease with her there, her jealousy never saw the younger as a threat and so she was her first friend since Seulgi.

Not that she would say that out loud, last thing she wanted was to the girl's ego with sweet words.

"We're home!" Seulgi says as she opens the door so they both can enter, Joohyun quickly makes her way inside, successfully avoiding the dog coming her way, going straight to her room as she ignores the complaining about how she should be 'nicer to the puppy'.

All she wanted right now was a shower and lay down for a bit before having to listen to Seulgi on the phone with her.

 

.

.

.

 

Shuhua has a soft spot for Soyeon, their friends all knew that, she was an only child and Soyeon treated her like older sister would and there was things she told her that not even Yuqi knew about, as Soyeon promised not to tell anything unless the younger wanted to share, she was thankful to have her in her life and that she was as much of a good friend as Yuqi was.

She hopes they stay together, and happy, for a long time.

She never told Soyeon about her feelings for Soojin, yet she has the feeling she knows, but doesn't want to pry by making too many questions about it and so she keeps it to herself, yet Shuhua notices the amusement in her eyes whenever she has to sit near the red haired girl when they eat together, she was starting to think everyone was sitting in a way in which the youngest had no choice but sit near her crush.

Soyeon's house was always open to her, same with Yuqi's but her parents asked too many questions and so she didn't stay the night there more than once a week, so usually she stays with the older one; She was quite familiar with the guest room of that house by now.

Next morning came quicker than expected and Shuhua knew she couldn't avoid going home in the morning as she needed to get her books for today's classes, at least she didn't had to worry about her uniform as she had a spare one in the room since last week after Soyeon said she should leave it there just in case.

"You can go ahead" Soyeon said, in the phone with Yuqi, she could tell from the fact that, much like Shuhua, her best friend was loud enough she could hear her voice coming from the phone before she starts to make her way outside, the girl tells herself to not be nervous, they would just quickly pass by her house, grab the books and leave. nothing to worry.

Shuhua opens the door and quickly makes her way outside, too lost in thoughts to notice the red haired girl right in front of her until she bumps into her.

Soojin held her arms, firmly but gentle to stop the younger one from losing her balance and as she looks into her brown eyes, Shuhua could swear she was going to pass out from being so close, and then the older smiles, friendly as always, and she could swear she was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

"Careful there" She laughs "Are you running away from Soyeon already?"

"S-Sorry, Unnie" She manages to say, smacking herself internally at the way she stutters.

"Shuhua, I already told you before to call me by my name" The older said and Shuhua nodded.

"Oh, Yeah. Sorry, Unni- I mean..." She blushes. "Soojin" In her defense, it was hard to process her words when all her brain could focus was on the older's hands still holding her arms, holding her close. Too close.

Soyeon came in just in time, before Shuhua could say anything that would embarrass herself in front of her crush. However, the blonde stopped on her tracks as she watched the scene before her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter