Admission

"What I feel for you"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been three hours since they arrived at the clinic and they still haven't received any news about Myung Soo's operation. Sung Kyu feels desperate, and his tears have not stopped falling since he learned about his fiancé's accident. He still cannot explain how something like that could happen if he is too cautious. Myung Soo knows how to drive very well and follow the rules of the road almost perfectly. So Sung Kyu begins to think that perhaps the driver of the vehicle he collided with was to blame for the mishap. The professor thinks that only that could have happened since Myung Soo is extremely careful. He believes that the other driver was driving drunk and that very idea makes him furious, because now Myung Soo is torn between life and death.
     "Do you want me to get you a coffee?" Woo Hyun suddenly asks. He hasn't left his side in all that time.
     "No, thank you," Sung Kyu replies with a huge lump in his throat. Woo Hyun sighs and starts his back slowly.
     "Do not worry. You will see that everything will be fine. Be patient and trust the doctors,” Nam says, though his tone of voice isn't entirely convincing. Sung Kyu knows that Woo Hyun is also too worried and that he is trying by all means to be strong. And Kim thanks him for that, because he really needs someone's support urgently, and although he had not thought about Woo Hyun taking that role precisely, he believes that, after everything that has happened between them, there is no one else in whom can trust to vent.
     "I really appreciate your being here, supporting me," Sung Kyu whispers as he stares at his young student. And Woo Hyun shows him an understanding and kind demeanor.
     "It's the least I can do after..." The young man pauses suddenly, and all the stupid things he's done so far hit him like a furious slap, "well... you know."
     But Sung Kyu doesn't know. Kim doesn't know about Woo Hyun's latest dishonest action. Sung Kyu doesn't know that his student was the cause of his fight with Myung Soo, and the only thing Nam wants at that precise moment is for the doctor to come out and tell them that everything is fine; that Myung Soo will recover and that he will be able to go home to Sung Kyu and that everything will go back to the way it was before.
     Woo Hyun takes a deep breath and suddenly his hopes grow higher when he sees the doctor approaching. Sung Kyu looks at him too and they both quickly stand up. The doctor stops in front of them and exhales a long, loud sigh before parting his lips.
     "Mr. Kim," the doctor begins with a serious, rueful voice, "I'm very sorry to tell you that... your fiancé passed away."
     The deathly silence is suddenly manifested. The doctor looks at Sung Kyu with eyes that radiate despondency and Kim understands that he has heard it clearly: Myung Soo is dead.
     Then, Sung Kyu's legs lose all their strength. He simply collapses into the chair as he feels his heart stop and oxygen is unable to reach his lungs despite desperately wanting to get it. Woo Hyun sees him fall, and immediately holds him tight.
     "I'm very sorry," says the doctor in a whisper when he looks at Sung Kyu's reaction, but the professor cannot articulate a word because, without noticing it, a sharp pain begins to press his chest, the feeling of dizziness begins to afflict him and the shortness of breath becomes increasingly unbearable.
     "Sung Kyu!" Woo Hyun exclaims when he sees him faint. "Doctor!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter