Revelation

"What I feel for you"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several days have passed and Woo Hyun continues to go to Sung Kyu's apartment after dark, only to keep asking her for forgiveness. The boy has not stopped crying or lamenting. He has not stopped stuttering that he regrets from the bottom of his heart and that all he wants is for Sung Kyu to hear him. Because he can no longer bear that. He can no longer bear the guilt that eats away at him inside. Everything has turned cold for him. His life has turned dark. Woo Hyun doesn't know if he can go on like this, because he feels like nothing makes sense anymore. His life has lost its purpose. Woo Hyun has lost all hope that his teacher will forgive him; and now he just begs for Kim to hear what he has to say.
     However, Sung Kyu has listened to him. The teacher has heard him each and every time the boy has come to his door to lean on it and continue with his apology ritual. By then, it became routine. By that day, Sung Kyu has already heard him say the same thing countless times. And he knows that Woo Hyun is sincere, he knows that despite everything he provoked, the boy is telling the truth. He don't understand how it feels. He doesn't know why the hatred has started to subside, but there is nothing Nam can say or even do to make him forgive him. The resentment is carved in his soul and there is no human power that is capable of erasing it. Sung Kyu's heart is in pieces, and it seems that nothing will be enough for him to repair it.
     Almost midnight, Woo Hyun has stopped talking. Sung Kyu knows this because it is the time the boy gets up from the floor and goes back to his apartment. Has done it for days. Woo Hyun goes to university in the morning and walks to Sung Kyu's apartment in the afternoon to start crying; to tell his teacher between groans to forgive him and that he only wants him to listen to him. He doesn't get up from there until it's too late and Kim thinks he's not even stopping to eat. Sung Kyu believes that he does nothing behind the door other than cry and beg for his forgiveness, but neither the boy's insistence or the fact that he is damaging his health make him waver. Even after all those days, Sung Kyu thinks that Woo Hyun must continue to suffer, so that night, and with Myung Soo's face floating in his mind, he settles back on his bed to sleep.

The next morning is depressing, just like all the previous ones. Because Myung Soo is gone; because his fiancé has died and he can never bring him breakfast in bed again; because it all ended when it hadn't even started and Sung Kyu doesn't know what to do. How can he go on living without him?
     He keep thinking about that when he turn on the coffee pot and watch the hot black liquid fill the glass claw. Myung Soo loved coffee. Loaded and sugar-free was his favorite. Sung Kyu remembers it very well because he always hated that the drink was so bitter and that his fiancé still drank it.
     He holds the container and as he begins to fill the porcelain cup his tears fall. This is how it has been every day every time he enters the kitchen; every time he sit at the dining room table; every time he brushes his teeth and looks at Myung Soo's brush next to his. Myung Soo's belongings are still there. Sung Kyu doesn't have the mental strength to get rid of anything. It's the only thing that makes him remember how much he loves him and that he wanted to tell him that he trusted him; that he had been stupid to doubt; that he was completely sure that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with him.
     And Sung Kyu sobs again; especially when looking at the photos of the two on his fiancé's phone. When Sung Kyu left the clinic, they handed him Myung Soo's belongings. The mobile has a slightly starry screen, but it still works. There are so many photos of the two on the phone; Sung Kyu rem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter