Chapter 8

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Jieun--

I sat in my car and just drove off to somewhere no one will find me. Parking in the dark, I let myself sink back in my seat and just stared into the darkness. That's how life was for me right now, just...darkness.

"Congratulations Jieun, you're pregnant." Dr. Choi said with a sweet smile. I sat in my chair frozen, "W-what?" 

"You said you've been feeling under the weather lately, showing symptoms of pregnancy. So we had you tested for that and it came back positive."  She carefully explained.

"I--" How could this be, I thought. I was on birth control...unless I really have fallen in the 1%.

"You should come back with the child's father so you can have the ultrasound done." 

"Father..." I whispered as my hand unconsciously fallen to my stomach.

"It's just you and I now, peanut. I can take care of you myself, I'll protect you." I said as I my belly while staring out into the darkness. I took a deep breath and turned the engine back on, determined to stand on my own two feet. I'll show them, I'm not weak and I don't need a man to be with me to do that.

"Honey, why are you calling this late?" My dad asked when I put him on bluetooth. 

"Dad, I'm coming over." I said as I made a turn towards their villa.

--

"What?!" Both my mom and my dad yelled out in unison.

"I'm sorry... Jimin and I, we broke up but I'm still keeping this child. The child is innocent." 

"Jieun ah---" 

"No mom, I'm not reconsidering anything. I'm keeping this child, I'm not going after Jimin and that's final."

"Did...he hurt you?" My dad asked in disappointment.

"He...he's a good guy. Just...we weren't meant to be." I forced myself to smile, "I initiated the breakup. I'm sorry for disappointing you and mom." 

My mom reached out and grabbed my hands, "Don't say that honey. Like your dad said, if he hurt you, we won't let him step foot in this house. As for what you decided to do, your dad and I will always support you." 

I smiled with glassy eyes, sniffling, I gave her a hug. "Thanks mom, dad." My dad came in and hugged the both of us tightly.

"I guess...I have a grandson coming." He said while chuckling. "Although I would prefer a son in law first." 

"Hey," My mom broke from the hug, "Who says it will be a boy? It can be a girl." 

"Regardless of girl or boy, they'll for sure be spoiled." They chuckled and I smiled at their little conversation. At these times, I'm glad they're here with me. 

"That being said.." I began and they focused on me again waiting for me to continue. "I'm ready, dad." He stared at me for a moment before his eyes shown excitement and happiness. 

"Really?!" 

"Yeah." I nodded.

 

--Jimin--

 

"I still can't understand why you're doing this Jimin." Taehyung said as he watched Jimin get ready. "Are you really sure this is what you want?"

Jimin just sighed and stood up and faced Taehyung, "What else can I do Taehyung? I ed up hard and this is the only thing I can do to make me feel like a decent human being. Let her go and I move on." 

Taehyung let out a sigh and placed his hand on his bestfriend's shoulder, "I really hope this is the right choice. I just want you happy."

"I will be." Jimin said giving him a smile that didn't meet his eyes.

The members were getting ready to head out towards the lobby of the venue where the girls were waiting. Each wasn't feeling great about how it ended up but they trusted Jimin's decision and will stay by his side and help him through it.

As they were walking, Jieun was spotted walking up the stairs. "Tell me I'm dreaming." Taehee said as she blinked a couple of times.

"No you're not. Because if you are, we all must be dreaming." Yoojung said. 

"Honey," Hoseok snuck up behind his wife and wrapped his arm around her waist but stopped when they all noticed who was in the distance. "Jieun?" 

"Wait.. why is she here?" Jungkook asked confused.

"I thought we all agreed with Jimin not to invite Jieun" Yoongi added in surprise.

"Or is this all a coincidence?" Eunhae asked. 

They were about to call out to her when someone beat them to it. A genuine smile had appeared on her face making everyone mesmerized. It was a long time since they had seen such a sincere smile on her face.

"When was it that we last saw that smile?" Jin whispered.

"It's the same smile when I first met her." Yeonah responded.

They watched on as a tall man, handsome man approached her. "I thought you weren't going to come." he asked. Looking closely, they finally realized who this man was. It was Minho.

"I think I've seen him a couple times. Jimin said he works with Jieun." Namjoon confirmed. 

"I actually did think of not coming, but who am I to turn down you?" Jieun answered. 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Minho asked.

"Do what?" Jungkook whispered. "Shh! We can't hear anything if you keep budding in." The members whispered back. "But I only asked one thing..." Jungkook pouted silently mumbling.

"It's the only way I can move on. Face it head on." Jieun answered. Minho nodded and took her hand, "Well let's go."

Just as they were about to secretly follow and spy on the two, Jimin had called for them. "It's about to start. Let's not tell Jimin we saw Jieun. I don't think he'll be able to take it if he knew she was in the same building." Taehyung requested.

Minho was standing beside Jieun the whole time but his eyes were on someone. Jieun turned and looked at his line of attention and caught him staring at a girl who was happily chatting with some people on the side.

"Whose that?" Jieun asked and Minho snapped back his gaze towards her and a blush appeared on his cheeks. He was caught.

"That's--"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter