Chapter 1

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Jimin--

 

"Hyung..." He cried when he called Hoseok. 

"Ji-Jimin? What's wrong? Why are you crying?!" Hoseok asked concerned as he lifted himself off the couch at Namjoon's. Reaching for the remote, Jin turned down the volume for Hoseok to continue his call. 

"Something wrong?" Hoseok asked in worry. Looking worried the members feared Jimin was in trouble.

"Everything went wrong..." Jimin sniffled as he answered after a while.

"Where are you? I'll come get you." Hoseok rushed grabbing the car keys and headed out the door quicker than anyone could ask anything.

 

It's been a couple of days since Jieun had called off their relationship. Jimin had tried everything to get to her but she has managed to slip through his fingers. The members were in the dark and still haven't been able to figure out what had happened between the two.

Until one night, they had enough of their younger member distancing himself from everyone. Jimin had thrown himself into work, was drinking more than usual at gatherings, and he'd be silent during meetings as if Jimin wasn't there.

"Okay Jimin, we need to talk." Namjoon stated as they sat down in his hotel room. Jimin just sat there staringat his hands that was rested on his lap.

"What happened?" Jin asked after setting down his bottle of water. Still there was no answer coming from Jimin.

"If you keep it to yourself, how would we know how to help you solve it?" Hoseok added looking over at the younger member with a stern but worried look.

"T-There's nothing we can do...I--I did it to myself. I did it to us." Jimin spoke with a broken tone as he tried to calm himself down.

"Come and tell us," Yoongi insisted and Jimin took a deep breath. 

"It all started.." 

 

--Spring--

--Jieun--

I was greeted by other coworkers and employees as I walked through the hallway of the company. No one knew I was the daughter of the CEO because I was interviewed just like everyone else, went through schooling and screening before I landed a job as a finance manager. I made my dad promise me to keep me out of the spotlight and he agreed even though he wanted to show off his daughter.

"Mr. Ryu, Jieun is here." My dad's secretary informed him through the phone. With a smile, I nodded to her and walked into his office.

"Mr. Ryu." I teased as I walked in.

"Are you really going to keep me at a professional distance?" He pouted but never the less smiled upon seeing me.

"Shh.. dad. You know I don't like it either, but I don't think I'm ready to be in the spotlight." I placed my bag on the couch and sat down while he walked over.

"I know sweety, but I'm just so proud of you and I want everyone of my partners in business to know what my daughter is capable of." He said sitting down in front of me. I smiled at his compliment.

"Anyways...mom said you wanted to see me this morning." 

"Ah.. yes. I almost forgot about what I wanted to tell you." He said and leanin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter