Chapter 10

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Jimin--

 

The day has come, the day he is to be a husband and future father. He stood in front of the mirror after getting dressed up and looked at his reflection. "This is it, Jimin. It's for the best." 

"Oh you're looking good friend!" Taehyung said patting his friend on his shoulder. Jimin gave a smile towards Taehyung, "I can't believe I'm getting married before you are." He said giving Taehyung a small smack to his abs. 

"I'll be right behind you buddy. We've already started planning." Taehyung replied feeling all giddy inside.

"Come on groom and best man! We're going to be late." Jungkook said rushing in with his bunny smile. "Jimin hyung, you can't be late today!" 

"I know I know...Let's go." Jimin said before following the maknae out of the room to wear the members were all standing and waiting for him.

It was a big day and he was glad you weren't anywhere near here. He hasn't seen in her in three months and he hoped she was happy, at least happier than she was when he left her. 

He was in the middle of exchanging vows, although sincere, the members knew what he felt and they were just as sad as he was. "I really hope the two will be happy." Hoseok whispered.

"I'm sure everything will be okay. We just have to believe in it." Namjoon replied just as quietly.

"I wished it was Jieun instead..." Jungkook mumbled under his breath. He really liked Jieun, everytime Jieun was over, it was like he was having an older sister come to visit him. She always brought him snacks. 

The members were up to sing their congratulations song for Jimin and they were getting ready. They straightened their backs and decided to help Jimin through his day. Namjoon and Yoongi especially knew what it felt like to go through a wedding that wasn't their choice so they were the ones who kept smiling and making Jimin laugh constantly.

 

--Jieun--

 

They were announcing it soon and I was so nervous I thought I was going to faint. "Don't faint on me now." Minho joked but he too was hiding his own nervousness.

"Oh my gosh, I think I won't be able to smile out there." I said. Minho put his arm around my shoulders, "We can do this. We waited for this moment didn't we?"

"Yeah we did...but I dont know. It's the fact that all of South Korea will know about us. I didn't know there were going to be reporters!" I whispered yelled.

"I didn't know either. But I guess hey why not let everyone know through the media than to have us go up to our ex classmates and say 'hey, I'm the CEO and I'm the CFO" He joked to make things more lighthearted.

"You're right.." I was convinced.

"Do you think those peeps will crawl back to us and try to up to us?" He asked jokingly. "You do know, most of these people here today are our ex classmates' dads." 

"I know which makes me even more nervous!"

"Why would you be nervous? I'm so excited to see their faces when they realize the kids they looked down upon was actually kids of their own bosses." Minho chuckled and I giggled along. To be honest, I was also wanting to see how they all will react once they knew.

"I would like to announce the future of TL Technology Corp." My dad started.

"Wait, Mr. Ryu. Please have me start with mine." Minho's dad said and my dad chuckled and gestured him to go first.

"Look's like its me first." He said pulling his arm back and straightening his suit. "See you in a bit Miss." He joked and entered the conference. Not long after him, I was called upon and I took a deep breath before smiling and entering. I was greeted by smiles and shocked faces. One person caught my eye in the crowd and I turned to stare at Minho in shock and he returned a smile nodding confirming that I wasn't seeing things. I turned back to the person and I couldn't believe who I saw. Kai.

 

--Jimin--

 

"Who is singing right now?" Jungkook asked mesmerized by a voice and face that stood up at the front of the reception singing a song. The members turned to where Jungkook's eyes were fixed on. 

"She's pretty." Eunhae smiled attentively listening to her sing.

"Her voice is so soothing to listen to. It's so beautiful." Yoojung added. 

Giggling, Jinhee and Taehee nudged each other. "What?" They asked and they pointed to Jungkook. He was totally into her presence. 

They watched their youngest member in amusement before Jin walked over and put his arm around his shoulder. "Don't tell me you're leaving me behind in the singles club young one." 

Jungkook blushed and giggled before turning to s. "I...I just never heard a voice like that before. Well...after IU of course." He quickly added making the members chuckle out loud. 

"Nothing wrong with having a crush Kook." Yeonah teased. 

"Speaking of which, maybe you should go talk to her." Yoojung encouraged and the members continued to .

"What's happening here?" Jimin said walking over, he was so busy greeting guests he didn't really have time to spend with his friends.

"Jungkook is in love..." Yoongi said still teasing the youngest. 

"I'm not!" Jungkook defended.

"Who took our maknae's heart?" Jimin asked in a defensive joking tone.

"Hyung..." Jungkook whined as they all laughed out loud. He quickly glanced again at the girl and this time she smiled at him. 

The dinner was going well, Jimin was glad he had s and family with him or he'd be suffocated to death. Soojin came over and greeted them with smiles and apologies of not being able to greet them earlier. As the members and the girls tried to get to know her more, there were shocked whisperings going around. Intrigued, all of them turned back to the guests and everyone was reading something on their phones. 

"What's going on?" Soojin asked as her friends rushed up to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter