Chapter 5

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Jieun--

 

I was woken up by his tightening grip around my waist, pulling me closer towards his chest. I smiled with my eyes closed, wanting to stay like this the whole day but I knew I was going to be called for work. Especially when everything has been so hectic with meetings and contract dealings. 

I felt him kiss my neck and I squirmed at the feeling. "Did I wake you?" He asked with his morning voice. I shifted to turn around and face him. "This is different, it's nice to wake up beside you." I replied and he responded with a kiss to my forehead. 

"We can do this everyday if you want." He suggested and my face turned red. He knew I had interpretted his words a different way. "You're so naughty." He said and I felt his hand move from my back down to my bottom. I jerked when he gave it a quick squeeze.

"Let's get up." I quickly said to hide my embarrassment. 

"No, not until we finish what you started." He responded. 

"I didn't start anything." I replied but soon my confusion was cleared as he pulled me closer towards him and felt something between us. He definitely didn't let me get up without another round.

At work, I was greeted with a lot of smiling faces. More so than ever, everyone seemed to be interested in me today and I wasn't sure why. "Looks like you're on the front page of today's newspaper."

"What?" I choked on my morning coffee as Minho brought over the paper for me.

"My friend Jieun is on the front page of today's newspaper with her 5 months boyfriend." He teased. I stared at the photo that was taken wondering how in the world we were photographed when we were so careful.

It was taken when Jimin took me out on a date when he came back from his overseas schedule. The whole day, my phone was ringing off the hook with reporters asking me to comment on the news. I have asked everyone in the building to hang up if it wasn't related to work. 

"Babe, what do I say? There's so many calls and reporters outside my work." I called Jimin during my lunch break.

"I'll take care of it, don't worry and don't be scared. I'm here, just trust me." He calmed me down.

"I trust you, I always did." That's when he went silent for a bit too long. "I have to go, boss is calling me. Better wish I don't get fired." I teased and hearing him laugh made me feel relieved again but I could sense something was on Jimin's mind.

"So...my daughter's first papers' appearance is not as CEO Ryu Won's daughter but as Park Jimin's office worker girlfriend?" He placed the today's papers down and raised an eyebrow at me which I avoided his gaze and pouted.

"I'm sorry, I tried to be really careful." I didn't know why I was apologizing but I felt nervous at my dad's expressionless face.

"Sweety, I'm not mad at you. I'm mad that the photo they chose didn't do you two justice!" He said catching me off guard. "You two are a perfect couple yet this photo was so dark, showing nothing but your backs. Like come on, I would've thought they would have better cameras."

I scoffed, "Dad...I'm literally having thousands of reporters from all over calling me and I was scared you were mad. But you're here telling me the photo wasn't great?" 

He got up from his chair and walked over towards me, putting both hands on my shoulders. "Honey, this will prepare you for what's to come in the next few months."

"What's happening?" I asked.

"I'm officially handing over this position to you." He said while pointing at his empty chair. I stared at the seat and back to him. "I watched my daughter grow into a fine young lady. Everyone in this company respects you and you know how to deal with every aspect of it already. So honey, this seat is already waiting for you." 

My dad's words played in my mind while I was seated in my office. I was so deep in thoughts I didn't realized Minho knocked and came in. "Miss.." He called.

"Miss...Jieun ah!" and that was what brought me b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter