Chapter 2

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They say spring is a fresh start, Jieun never thought much about it. Until Jimin came into her life and changed everything for her. When she met him at that fundraiser event, she definitely didn't think she would see him so often after that.

"He's here again." Minho informed when she got to the company, he walked alongside her until she got to her office.

"Again?" She asked, her face contorting with disbelief. "It's been the 10th day!" 

"Miss, do you want me to dismiss him again?" He asked her with a stone face as if he's ready to knock someone out for disturbing her. He grew up with her and he was more than not protective of her.

"Bring him into my office. Looks like he won't ever leave me alone if I don't speak to him. Let's see what he wants." Jieun stormed into her office and closed the door.

Shortly after, there was a knock and Jimin came in walking with his big bright smile that hid his eyes. Rolling her eyes, she couldn't believe he was still trying to see her even after she had ignored him everytime. 

"Finally, why is it so hard to meet you?" He asked and walked over seating himself in front of Jieun without having to be asked as if he was acquainted with her for a long time. 

"Mr. Park, what do you want?" Jieun crossed her arms as she sat in her chair looking up at him.

Amused, Jimin took a seat opposite her and smiled brightly. "Why the formality?" He teased. "I like it when you called me Jimin at that fundraiser"

Jieun's lips were itching to curl into a smile but she caught herself and let out a cough. Seeing him have an affect on her made him even more intrigued. "Please tell me how to get you to stop coming here." She gave up and pouted unintentionally which caused him to smile.

"One date." He said holding up his finger. 

Her heart stopped, no one has made her so speechless and the man in front of her now is the first.

Seeing her quiet, he continued, "One date, I want to get to kinow you more. Just one." 

Exhaling as if she forgot she held her breath, mind running wild, she let out "okay" and cursing herself internally for giving in so easy; however, this man is making her heart and mind do things without her control. What is this meaning? She thought steadying her breathing putting on an expressionless face to mask the affect this man in front of her is doing to her. 

That's how she found herself standing outside of a coffee shop located in an older neighbourhood where less younger adults would drop by. The calmness of the cafe helped calm her nerves. After a few breaths, she stepped inside where she immediately noticed how warming the cafe was and she was surprised how she never got to know this place when she loves to visit new and old cafes.

Jimin was seated at near the back in one of the booths, he jumped up from his seat smiling, showing off his cresent eyes, and waving her down. She kept her face expressionless but really she was fighting the urge not to smile at how cute he looked at that moment.

"I thought I got stood up." He said scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment as Jieun took a seat opposite from him.

"I really wanted to." She replied and that caused his smile to falter a bit and slightly pouting. 

She gave a small giggle, "I'm just kidding, I don't go back on my promises." 

His smile returned instantly, "I hope you don't mind that I ordered a bit for the both of us already." He said as he glanced over to the waiter and nodded indicating they were ready for his orders to be served.

"Thanks, I don't mind. I was running late afterall." She said as she nodded at the waiter who placed a cup of vanilla latte in front of her. She took a sip and raised an eyebrow a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter