Chapter 9

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Jieun--

"Jieun, you've been overworking yourself a lot lately. Dr. Choi said you have to be careful, especially now that you're in your third month." Minho said as he placed a document that required my signature. 

"I'm fine Minho." I said as I slid the document in front of me to view it before signing it. 

"You're going to faint at this rate. When was the last time you had a day off?" 

"I'm telling you I'm fine. I have to get used to this anyways. The date of the board of directors meeting is just around the corner. I have to show them I'm capable." I responded more annoyed.

Minho sighed and nodded, "If you're not willing to back off and take a break, I'm going to uncle Ryu." He said and before I could stop him, he was already out the door and most likely heading to my dad's office. I ran a hand through my hair and thought, I definitely am risking my life here...not just mine but.. I rubbed my belly soothingly. "Mommy's sorry. I just got carried away a little bit."

-----

"I heard from Minho, you haven't been yourself lately. Tell me what's wrong sweety." My dad asked while we ate that the dinner table that night.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. 

"Is it because of Jimin? Soojin?" 

I was silent but my dad continued. "Sweety, I know what happened that night. Minho told me everything, you've been bullied for so long and everytime I want to take action against these people, you always stick up for them. Why?" 

"I'm not going to let it go anymore dad." My mom looked at me with a worried expression and my dad stopped eating. "I've had enough too. I gave them too many chances. If they continue, I won't back down anymore."

My dad gave me a small smile, "I want to let them know how wrong they are about me."

"Honey," My mom started.

"You know who I am mom, I won't do anything unless they push my buttons too far." I assured her. I knew she was worried I was going to be blinded by revenge but I'm more capable than that. "I'm just going to do my job well and prove to them who I can be." 

News of Jimin's wedding was all over the news, it was one of the biggest news of the month and to be honest, I blocked out everything about him. Yes, I still missed him, missed his smile, his voice, his touch, everything. But I knew we were over, he said it himself and I said it myself so why does my heart still feel so empty? I shook my head to get rid of all thoughts. I need to focus on the meeting; it was the day where I'll be introduced to the board of directors and to the world that I will be the next in line to becoming the CEO for TL Technology Corp. What a coincidence that my dad made that date the same date as Jimin's wedding ceremony. 

"Dad probably did that on purpose." I shrugged when Minho helped me finish the files that evening. 

"Your dad really loves you," Minho said chuckling.

"I know." I smiled, "Sometimes I still think he treats me like I'm still 5." 

"You know my parents also loves you." He responded putting down the file he just finished in the finished pile.

"They used to always joke about us getting married back in college remember?" I laughed at those memories.

"I know! We treat each other like siblings because we grew up together. I always found it funny how they even try." He returned a laugh.

"Right? That brings me to question." I said lowering my file and staring at him. "Did you ever have a crush on me? Because I certainly did back in elementary."

"What?!" He asked shocked. "Really?" And I nodded honestly.

"Well , because I did too!" We both laughed until we shed tears. 

"How's Jinhee's situation going?" I asked when the laughter died down.

He blushed, "I managed to get her number," I smacked his arm playfully, "Oh my goodness! That's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter