🏰ㅤᴄᴀʙɪɴ

🏰 ᴍx ᴄᴀsᴛʟᴇ: ᴍᴏɴᴇʀᴏsɪᴀ 🏰ㅤᴀɴ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Choice: Head to the cabin.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Wanting to get the unpacking and settling down over with, Haera decided to head to the cabin first. After saying goodbye to Seungcheol, she followed the general direction to where Umji went and eventually reached Cabin number seven where she would share the weekend with Umji and two other girls.

“Hey, Umji,” Haera said the moment she entered the cabin. She saw her friend scurrying around the farthest bed, arranging her belongings.

The bungalow-style wooden cabin was bigger than expected. The place stretched long enough to alternate the beds on opposite sides of the room with a little nightstand in between them. There was one bathroom set in the middle at the end of the cabin with two dressers standing on each side. A coat and umbrella hanger stood tall beside the door with shoes and sandals below them. They were of different sizes and faced random directions which suggested that there was more than one person using the cabin.

The only bed left was the third one from the door with a window to its right which prompted Haera to start walking towards it.

“You must be Haera,” a tall girl from the second bed walked up to her, holding a yellow hardbound notebook. “I'm Jeon Somin. A sophomore and Literature major.”

“And I'm Lee Suhyun,” a shorter girl from the first bed introduced herself. “Music major and a freshman. Nice to meet you!”

“Park Haera, freshman and psychology major. I'm a friend and roommate of Umji back at the campus.”

“I heard you guys have been friends since high school,” Somin inquired. “It must be nice having someone you know go to the same school. I transferred from Daegu so I've been alone.” Her face drew a pout but was immediately replaced with a grin. “No worries though! I met a lot of new and cool people already since I started.”

“I'm almost in the same boat,” Suhyun added. “Aside from my brother who's a junior, I don't know anyone.”

“Well,” Umji drew closer from behind. “We girls will have to stick together then.” She pumped a first in the air. “To new friendships!”

“To new friendships!” They all chorused. 

The room was then filled with a fit of giggles. The four of them grew closer as they told facts, stories, and other trivia about themselves as they arranged their belongings. Umji introduced herself as an Education major which prompted Somin to say that her bright personality would be perfect for teaching children.

“By the way, is this your second year participating in this event?” Haera asked Somin. 

“My first, actually,” she confessed. “I didn't know about this last year so I missed it.”

“How about your brother, Suhyun?” Umji caught the attention of the youngest of the four just as she entered the bathroom.

“I think he only did it once,” her voice echoed. “I don't think he had fun because ever since he went during his freshman year, he mentioned how he could get a lot of composing done instead of coming here.”

“So he didn't tell you anything about what to expect?”

“Aside from the overly active people, he said to just be careful.”

“Careful of what?” Haera asked. “These woods aren't dangerous, right?”

“Hormonal teenagers is my guess,” Suhyun shrugged, which elicited a laugh from the other three.

 

══════

 

The rest of the day went by smoothly. In fact, Haera admitted that it’s been an amazing experience so far. Umji was right, coming here made her forget about her worries for a while. It has been a while since she had a nice, stress-free weekend since the start of her college freshman career. 

Throughout the day, Haera mingled with other students not only from their assigned cabin, but from the activities that were happening in the grounds. She even learned how to jet ski in the early afternoon, an activity she never knew she would get to experience in her lifetime.

As the sun began to set, preparations for the scavenger hunt were nearing the end. Those who signed up for the hunt stayed by the campfire after Seungkwan told them that they would be called once the event was ready. 

A few students decided to join the snacks area, creating their own hotdogs and hamburgers. Some were by the fire, getting personalized s’mores made. Nervous first-timers stood by and watched the others, rejecting any food that came their way in case their stomach decided to throw the contents out while they were in the middle of the game. The veteran players, however, were being merry, singing songs and engaging in loud banter as if they didn’t care what happened next. 

Haera joined Umji, Somin, and Suhyun in getting s’mores by the campfire as they waited for the next announcement for the scavenger hunt. Some upperclassmen were telling scary stories and they decided to hear what they had to say. Whether they were true or not didn’t really matter for them. Narrating scary stories was one of the perks of Halloween and it made their experience much more realistic and exciting.

The current storyteller was a junior named Kang Younghyun, better known as either Brian or Young K. He spent time in Canada which made his stories different from the other students. But for this next one, he recounted his time from last year’s Halloween event.

“Last year’s scavenger hunt was about finding as many werewolves as you can,” Young K started. “They had numbers on them so you’ll know if you’ve already seen them before or not. Also, there was no path to follow so the forest was free for all to search.”

“Isn’t that dangerous?” Dowoon, the guy from Haera’s psychology class, asked. 

“That’s what the release forms are for,” Young K smirked. “Plus, it’s the adrenaline and experience that you want when signing up for these events. Anyway,” he continued, “We had to find twenty-five werewolves. Of course, since it’s Halloween, they can also add some scares here and there as part of their job. I know my friend Jae over here had fun with it last year.” He placed a hand on the shoulder of the man sitting next to him, “Made some freshman pee in their pants from what I heard.”

“It was all in good fun though,” Jae added after he swallowed a bite of his s’mores. “I apologized to him but the freshman told me afterwards that it was one of the best Halloween events he attended.”

“Adding on to my story,” Young K revisited after the laughter died down. “I was looking for werewolf number nineteen. He was the last werewolf that I needed to find and I would have been done.” He leaned in closer, eyes focusing on the fire in front of him. “But after a while of searching, I heard a werewolf cry in the distance. I thought it was just a student in costume playing tricks so I didn’t pay it any mind. When I looked back to where I was going though, something fast and strong brushed past me. Once I turned around to call out whoever it was, I found out that it wasn’t a student but an actual werewolf!”

“That’s preposterous,” someone huffed from the back.

“I thought so too,” Young K shook his head, “but when I looked at it closely,

Please log in to read the full chapter