🏰ㅤsᴏᴜɴᴅ

🏰 ᴍx ᴄᴀsᴛʟᴇ: ᴍᴏɴᴇʀᴏsɪᴀ 🏰ㅤᴀɴ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Choice: Investigate the sound.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Haera thought for a moment before she made her move. Since she knew the general direction of where the green-eyed man went, she figured that if she got lost or needed to run, she'd at least know which path to go and get help. As such, she made the decision to investigate where the loud sound came from instead.

Turning to the left, she started her walk down the path of her choice. The brightly lit hallway made it both easy and hard for Haera. For one, if there was a murderer running towards her, at least she'd be able to see and react. The thing is, the murderer would be able to do the same since there was practically nowhere to hide whilst walking down this particular passageway. The hallway consisted mostly of the intricate white and gold wall designs on the right and the tall windows on the left. Aside from the small rectangular wooden table by the wall in the middle of the hallway, there wasn’t anything else she could see.

“What’s up with these long hallways?” Haera thought out loud. “These would be perfect for thriller movies when the protagonist is running from a deranged killer.”

As she neared the corner at the end of the path, she heard a few shuffling noises. She instantly retracted her steps and plastered herself into the wall. With her eyes looking alert, she put a hand to her chest and felt her heart beating fast. She heard mumbling from two separate male individuals and after a while, she noticed that their voices and shuffling had stopped.

The sound of footsteps against the shiny marble floor echoed about a minute later. As if the owner had a sixth sense, the pair of footsteps got clearer as the individual neared the direction to where Haera hid. This made her scurry behind a larger pillar a few steps back which could mask much more of her physical presence. In doing so, this made her heart race even more.

“Hmm,” one of the voices said in a playful tone. It was as if he was giving the person a chance to show themselves to him without having to drag them out into the light himself. “I thought I sensed a human presence somewhere over here? An intruder, perhaps?” 

The man continued to slowly walk into the same path. Haera felt for her pocket knife and held it close to her chest, all the while she kept both eyes shut.

“Stop playing and get on with it,” she heard the other man sigh with a single foot stomp following right after.

“Right,” the scouting man gave a boyish chuckle. “Hey, we’re not going to hurt you,” he directed his words towards Haera, “so please just show yourself.” When no one answered him, he tilted his head. “I said please?”

“H-How do I know you’re not gonna hurt me?” Haera spoke up after a while of silence.

“You don’t,” the man replied playfully with a smirk. He crossed his arms and waited a few feet away from the pillar where Haera took cover. “It can be hard to trust strangers, but I can assure you we don’t mean any harm. But then again,” there was a certain gleam in his eyes as he continued, “how would we know you’re not going to hurt us either?”

“Touché,” a smile curved up her lips. After a nervous gulp, she counted to three in her head, still having the pocket knife close to her chest, then slowly moved out of hiding. 

The moment she revealed herself, Haera finally got a clear view of who the voice belonged to. The man wore a vampire costume with an open black suit and his white button down shirt was neatly tucked in his black slacks. His black cape, which was red on the inside, was securely tied into a ribbon under his collar and almost touched the floor. His dark brown and black highlighted hair was slightly messy as his bangs just reached the top of his eyelids. His ears were pierced with flat pearl-like studs.

“Well now,” the man uncrossed his arms and gave a smile. “I didn’t know the fierce visitor was a pretty woman.”

Regardless of his pick-up line giving her a slight pink blush, Haera cleared . “Who are you?”

“My name is Kihyun,” he placed a hand by his stomach and bowed. “Pleasure to meet you.” Once he straightened again, he asked, “And who might you be?”

“Haera. Park Haera.”

“Ah, Miss Haera,” Kihyun smiled widely which showed off his sharp canines. He slightly raised a hand and pointed to the pocket knife the woman held tightly. “Would you care to point that away? We don't want anyone to get hurt now, do we?”

She looked down and eyed the small knife in her hands. “Oh,” then she bent the sharp edge to the middle with a small tick signaling that i

Please log in to read the full chapter