🏰ㅤᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ

🏰 ᴍx ᴄᴀsᴛʟᴇ: ᴍᴏɴᴇʀᴏsɪᴀ 🏰ㅤᴀɴ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Choice: Keep Seungcheol company.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Although she started walking towards the cabin, Haera turned around at the last minute and stopped in front of Seungcheol. As Umji said before, events like these were great for networking so she decided to do just that.

“My name is Park Haera, a freshman,” she extended a hand to the male sitting in front of her.

Seungcheol was caught a bit off guard that there was someone who would want to talk to him. He composed himself for a few seconds and cleared his throat. Then he took her hand and gave it a firm shake. “Choi Seungcheol, junior.”

“So, since when did you start helping out organize these Halloween events?” Haera sat down beside him, hoping to spark a conversation. She placed her duffle bag that contained her belongings for the weekend by the lowest steps beside her.

“Only juniors and seniors are allowed to help organize events around the campus. I'm currently a junior along with Jeonghan, but I've participated in the Halloween event since freshman year.” 

“No offense, but you don't seem like the type who'd participate in things like these.”

Seungcheol chuckled. “None taken because there's some truth in that. I was technically dragged by Seungkwan during both our freshmen year.”

“Same,” Haera mumbled under her breath, remembering how she too was dragged to the event unwillingly.

“But as a history major,” a slight smile graced his lips, “I can't deny that this place does spark some interest.”

“What makes you say that? You don't mean that those rumors and stories are true, do you?” 

“I believe there's more to this place.” This elicited a curious stare from the woman beside him. “I try to venture deeper every Halloween to get a better understanding of the stories I've heard. Now, I'm trying to find out more about the castle by the cliff. Only a few have seen it so far, yet no one has ever been close enough to roam its grounds.”

“A castle? Out in the middle of nowhere?”

Before he could continue explaining what he meant, Jeonghan came back and called Seungcheol over. “Seungkwan's done with the campers. It's time to prepare the water sports equipment.”

Seungcheol and Haera both stood up as the newcomer stopped a few feet before them. With her left hand holding on to the handle of her duffle bag, Haera brought it up slightly next to her so that her right hand could give it a little pat. 

“I guess I'll go head to my cabin and get things situated before breakfast.” She started walking backwards, still facing the two. She beamed at the raven-haired man. “It was nice to meet you, Seungcheol.”

“Likewise, Haera,” he smiled back with a wave. “Catch you later.”

Following the general direction of where Umji went a while ago, she walked through a path that eventually led her to Cabin number seven, a room which she will share with Umji and two other girls for the duration of their stay.

 

══════

 

The rest of the day went by smoothly. In fact, Haera admitted that it’s been an amazing experience so far. Umji was right, coming here made her forget about her worries for a while. It has been a while since she had a nice, stress-free weekend since the start of her college freshman career. 

Throughout the day, Haera mingled with other students not only from their assigned cabin, but from the activities that were happening in the grounds. She even learned how to jet ski in the early afternoon, an activity she never knew she would get to experience in her lifetime.

As the sun began to set, preparations for the scavenger hunt were nearing the end. Those who signed up for the hunt stayed by the campfire after Seungkwan told them that they would be called once the event was ready. 

A few students decided to join the snacks area, creating their own hotdogs and hamburgers. Some were by the fire, getting personalized s’mores made. Nervous first-timers stood by and watched the others, rejecting any food that came their way in case their stomach decided to throw the contents out while they were in the middle of the game. The veteran players, however, were being merry, singing songs and engaging in loud banter as if they didn’t care what happened next. 

Haera was overlooking Umji who was by the campfire. She wasn't in the mood for s'mores so she waited for the scavenger hunt announcement by the fruit punch table.

“So, how was your day?” a familiar voice entered her ears. Haera looked to her left and found Seungcheol grabbing himself a drink. The moment he fully faced her, she noticed that his shirt was stained with red paint. Other people might have screamed and asked if he was okay. However, Haera figured that if he was acting normal, he couldn't have been hurt. Plus, the red splotches definitely gave off a paint odor.

“It was fun,” she blurted out without thinking, a somewhat rare occurrence for her unless she was feeling comfortable around the environment she was in. “Are the preparations for the hunt done? What's with your getup?”

“Glad to hear.” Seungcheol then pointed to his shirt. “I'm part of the scavenger hunt. You'll see soon. And they're doing some finishing touches. After I finish this drink,” he stealthily reached for a triangle-cut chicken and turkey sandwich one table over, “and this sandwich, I'm calling all the participants over so that we can start.”

“How about the others though. Have they eaten yet?”

“Don't worry,” he calmly chewed and swallowed the last bit of the sandwich. “We all took turns getting some food. I'm the last one hence I was tasked to call you guys too.”

“By the way, what was last year’s scavenger hunt about if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Oh, it’s quite similar to the one we’re doing tonight. We were tasked to find twenty-five werewolves.”

“Werewolves?” Haera raised an eyebrow.

“The costume-wearing kind,” Seungcheol laughed. “They were hidden all over the forest so it was like a free-run adventure.”

“Isn’t that kinda dangerous?”

“That’s the purpose of the release forms we had you sign this morning. Although we took it down a notch this year after what happened last year.”

Curiosity piqued, Haera waited for him to continue. 

“Aside from what Jeonghan mentioned a while back, a freshman got so scared after one of the upperclassmen in a werewolf costume scared him so much that he peed himself,” this statement made Haera chuckle, tugging a side grin from Seungcheol. His face then grew serious as he continued. “But then a guy named Kang

Please log in to read the full chapter