🏰ㅤᴍx sɪx

🏰 ᴍx ᴄᴀsᴛʟᴇ: ᴍᴏɴᴇʀᴏsɪᴀ 🏰ㅤᴀɴ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Choice: MX6 Ending[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]“So, Haera,” Umji plopped on the other's bed, her face suspiciously curving up into a smile. “We were thinking of visiting that cute little bistro and pastry restaurant we saw a while back. They’ve been open for a while now.”

Her friend raised a skeptical brow at her, rolling her eyes in the process. “I already told you guys that I don’t know him.”

“But he sure seems to know you~” she teased in a singsong tune.

“I’m not going,” Haera ardently replied with a sigh. She turned her gaze away from the conniving female and refocused her attention back on the book she had in front of her.

“Regardless of your views about that mystery hunk of a man,” Umji shifted closer to the edge of the bed, making it creak under her weight. “You can’t deny that it’s a place you would love to visit.”

Haera paused to stare at the same sentence she’s read for about five times already. Umji was right. That bistro looked adorable and was something she would definitely try if she passed it by. Not to mention, the food that was displayed on the advertisement pictures looked absolutely scrumptious. The longer she thought about the various delicious looking foods that were advertised in front of the place, the more she craved to eat what she saw.

“When did you guys plan to visit the bistro?”

Umji’s eyes glistened in anticipation. “We planned to go this weekend since everyone is free then. So,” she playfully wiggled her eyebrows knowingly. “Is that a yes?”

“Fine,” Haera finally caved in. She looked back at her friend who had on a cheshire grin. “I’ll go with you guys because I want to try the food and not because of that man.”

“Oh yeah, totally,” Umji energetically nodded as she stood up and picked up her cell phone. “I’ll tell the others that you’re going as well. I’m going to grab some food from the cafeteria. Want anything while I’m there?”

“Can you get me a buffalo chicken burrito?” Haera took out her wallet and handed the standing girl beside her a few bills. “Thanks.”

“No prob,” she smiled, pocketing the money the other gave safely into the side pocket of her jeans. “Okay. I’ll be right back.”

Once the door to their dorm closed, Haera sat back on her swivel chair and sighed. The image of the man from the bistro smirking at her when they left was still fresh in her mind. With a slight tug upwards of the corners of , she went back to rereading the same sentence again before another form of distraction would appear.

 

══════ 

 

That Saturday, Haera and Umji met up with their two friends Somin and Suhyun before the four of them went to the bistro together. Along the way, they caught up and shared life updates amongst each other which included little comedic events and even some gossip that happened around their respective majors.

“And here we are,” Umji excitedly beamed when they stopped a few feet outside of the restaurant to admire the exterior design of the place. 

The four friends looked up at the white sign that shone brightly despite it still being early in the afternoon. The restaurant name, Stand Up!, was written in nice cursive. Underneath it in all uppercase and in a simple sans serif font were the words ‘BISTRO & PASTRIES’. The clear glass windows easily revealed the interior inside. The off white, light gray and brown colors made the place look and have a nice, cozy atmosphere. Yet despite the simpleness of the choice in accented hues, the black chairs, white clothed tables, and the interchanged colors of the booths at the sides of the walls made it seem like the place served high end dishes.

They walked up to the front counter near the entrance where a smiling female waited for them.

“Welcome to Stand Up!,” she smiled. The young woman wore a fitting white long sleeved dress shirt and formal black slacks. Her hair was nearly tied into a high ponytail. “Table for four?”

“Yes, please,” they chorused as a group.

The woman nodded in understanding and took four menus from the neatly lined stack behind her. Then she waved to the four of them to follow her deeper inside. She led them to a booth near one of the tall windows that overlooked the outside and handed them the menus one by one.

“Someone will be here to take your orders shortly. Please enjoy your stay.”

After those words, she left them and went back to her post behind the counter to wait for more patrons to arrive. While three of them promptly cracked the menus open, Haera took this time to take one quick scan of the place. The tables were almost packed with customers which might have been due to them testing out the new arrival or is a testament of the greatness of the place by word of mouth, considering that Stand Up! was still fairly new since the doors officially opened for about only three months so far. 

“Whoever photographed these dishes is a genius,” Umji said from beside Haera as she gawked at each of the pages she flipped. “They really do make me want to order them. I mean,” she pointed at an image of a chicken katsu dish which made Haera peer over her shoulder. “Look at how that sliced chicken is well placed and how that teriyaki sauce is glazed over it. Delicious.”

Haera took this as a cue to go through her own menu in front of her. She wasn’t sure if it was because she was currently hungry, but Umji made a point. The details on the pictures looked amazing and clean. Even the little table decorations were cleverly placed to make the dishes pop out and create a more enticing appearance. The menu had a lot of options and cuisines taken from various asian cultures. Chinese, Korean, Japanese, they were all there.

“No wonder they have a lot of customers,” Suhyun commented after she took more time reviewing what the restaurant offered. “They basically have all the asian food here all in one.”

“Hi!” A cheery voice sounded beside Haera and Suhyun who sat by the outer side of the booth. The young male wore a white button down with the long sleeves having been rolled up to his elbows. A black half apron was tied to his waist which acted as a pouch for things like his little notebook, a pen, some napkins, and straws. “My name is Sewoon and I will be your server for the day. First off, what would you ladies like to drink?”

After he took their orders and left, they giggled. 

“Why is everyone who works here so handsome and pretty?” Somin let out in a whisper so that only the four of them heard what she said.

“Right?” Umji’s eyes practically sparkled with playful envy. “I wonder if that’s a requirement in order to work here.”

“What kind of place would have that rule? That’s just ridiculous,” Haera snickered.

 

About an hour later, the four of them were enjoying themselves chatting and indulging on their food. The portions were large enough for them to take taste tests of what they individually ordered.

“These are really delicious!” Somin couldn't stop complimenting after each bite she took. “The chef is really a genius. Heck, everyone here is a genius and it’s not even a joke.”

“Well,” a smooth voice that practically sounded like it came from a confident, smiling person resonated beside them. “I am glad that you ladies are enjoying the food.”

The four of them glanced at the dark brown haired man who stood with one hand around his stomach while the other was folded behind his back. He wore a traditional chef’s uniform that had black accents for the buttons, stand up collar, and around the wrist end of the sleeves. Two shiny silver tie pins were inserted in between two buttons which caused a shimmer when tilted into the light. And just like the first time when they met outside the unfinished bistro, the man donned an alluring smile.

“I just gotta say,” Somin flashed him a flirtatious grin. “Your cre

Please log in to read the full chapter