🏰ㅤᴄᴀsᴛʟᴇ

🏰 ᴍx ᴄᴀsᴛʟᴇ: ᴍᴏɴᴇʀᴏsɪᴀ 🏰ㅤᴀɴ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Choice: Seek the castle for shelter.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Haera looked back at the ominous building that would slightly reveal itself then vanish inside the thick fog. The prospect of having a dry roof above her head at that moment was more than enough for her to make a decision. Despite not knowing what might be in store for her if she chose this path, the cold night rain plus the current situation in which she could barely see anything enabled her to make a clear selection. 

Additionally, she couldn’t trust the shadowy figure. Who knows, it might have been a serial killer on the loose. If it was a student, Haera would never know now that she’s walking the opposite way.

With determination evident in her eyes, she held on to her newfound resolve of making a beeline towards the building. The walk would definitely take a few minutes and considering the variables — the troublesome mist, the inclement weather, and not knowing the place well — it could take even longer than expected. It was a good thing that once she set her mind on doing something, she most likely pulled through in the end.

“Alright,” she mumbled to herself. “Let’s get it.”

With one strong push off the rough tree trunk she was leaning on, Haera trudged up a little slope to begin her new adventure. She walked slowly, making sure not to bump into anything or trip on an uprooted tree. The leaves crunched below her with every step she took as the incessant rain drenched every part of her body. The weight of her clothes and shoes became heavy, pulling her down closer to the earth. Her hands grabbed everywhere, be it tree trunks, branches, or even the muddy ground, in order to keep herself upright. 

She tried her best to walk parallel to the castle walls considering her current situation, occasionally looking up to see if she was nearing an entrance to the building. Unfortunately, all she could discern from the thick haze was the same cold, gray walls. It took her about twenty more minutes to finally see a little bit of light — literally.

There, up above a feat of one last misty hill to climb, was a bright yellow light. 

“Finally!” she sighed in triumph. 

A new wave of energy coursed through her body at the thought of finally having a safe haven from the rain. Haera quickened her pace, eyes glancing towards the light every few seconds or so to check her way. It was as if she was afraid it would disappear; or worse, she was conjuring her own desire for shelter and the light was merely a figment of her imagination.

Once she finally mounted up the hill, a surge of relief graced her features and her tense eyebrows relaxed a little bit. She was clearly tired and in need of rest. However, she didn’t let down her guard just yet in this uncharted territory. She had to push through a bit further considering that she was almost at her destinat

Please log in to read the full chapter