Bye

INERT

Yerin's POV

I pushed her when reality hits me. I suddenly remembered that she's only telling lies.

"Sinb, I'm already happy with Mino. Will you stop bothering me? I know that you're already with Moonbin as well. So please, I'm begging you, Sinb. Stop doing nonsense things like this. I will never go back to you. You hurt me once, and that's enough."

She stoop and tears began to flow in her cheeks. She then nodded while wiping her tears.

"Right. Maybe you don't have feelings for me anymore. I'm sorry for being like this and for causing trouble to you. I'm sorry for doing all of these, for causing this mess to you," she said in a crack voice while pointing the pictures, lights, and the rose petals.

"Just let me go," I said and she just nodded. Even if she's hesitant, she still opened the door. I turned to her before leaving the room.

"Thank you for the effort but you and I will remain only in the memories."

 

My tears can't stop flowing as I walked outside the abandoned building. I don't know. Maybe I'm just pretending that I'm already happy with Mino. I'm just pretending to be happy to forget about her.

But my heart can't stand it. My heart always calling her name. I'm really hurt that I did that to her. But I don't know if what she did was really genuine. I don't think I'll be able to live without her.
 

"Hey..."


 

I noticed a man who's also walking beside me. I looked at him with furrowed forehead.

"Alone? Hmm. Seems like someone hurt you. Don't worry, I'll help you. What if I'll kill you? In that way, you'll not be able to feel hurt," he smirked while showing me his knife.

I abruptly step backwards when I saw that. I can't run as I can't avert my eyes on the knife. I looked at him with a frighten face.

I couldn't move when he stabbed me in an instant.

 

I suddenly slumped on the ground as my blood flowing nonstop. He already left and I couldn't do something to call help.

I catched every breath of mine and before I close my eyes, I saw Sinb who's running towards me. She jogged my body as her tears dropped on my cheeks. She carried me and started running away.

"Hang on, Yennie. Please, don't leave me. We're on the way to the hospital. Come on, sweet pie. I'm really sorry."

 

***

"Yah Eunha, don't eat that. I bought that for Yennie!"

"Ihh! I wanna eat orange Sowon unnie!"

"Let her eat, unnie. Maybe it can help her to grow more."

"Mworago?! Hey, Yuju-yah! Just because you're taller than me, you'll keep on teasing me! Hmp."

"Hahaha shortie!"

"Shortie bunny hahahaha!"

"Hey, quiet guys. You might disturb Yerin unnie."

I opened my eyes when I heard voices talking and laughing behind. When I opened my eyes, I saw a white ceiling. I suddenly get up but I stopped for a while when I felt something ached that comes from my wound.



 

"Where am I?"

They quickly turned to me and they seemed surprised.

"Waah! Unnie! You're finally awake! We missed you!" Eunha exclaimed and went closer to me as she hugged me tightly. I suddenly grimaced when my wound suddenly hurt because of her tight hug.

"Aish Eunha, my wound," I pushed her aside.

"Omo! Mianhae, unnie!"

I just noticed that I'm at the hospital and I'm wearing a hospital gown. Then, I remembered what happened that night. That guy. That guy who stabbed me.....gosh. Who's that guy?!

"Yerin-ah, good thing that you're finally awake," Sowon unnie exclaimed.

"You're unconscious for almost two weeks," Umji spoke.

"What?! Two weeks?!"

"Yup! Hmm ......does it still hurt?" Yuju asked while peeling the orange.

"Hell yeah!" I answered as I looked around. Where is she? She's the one who carried me here. Because of her, I'm still alive. I feel guilty for what I did to her. Despite of what happened to us, I'm still loving her. And I feel sorry for being mean to her.

"Hmm....looking for someone?" Yuju asked so I quickly averted my gaze from her.

"Aniyo! I......I just feel unusual staying here."
 

Yuju just give me an sneering look.

"Unnie, don't lie to us. We all know that you're looking for Sinb," Umji said that made my eyes widened.

"Uh Yerin-ah, do you miss her?" Sowon unnie asked.

I didn't answer and Eunha handed me a letter.

"Unnie, Sinb said I should give it to you."

I took the letter from her and started unfolding it.

Now Playing: Bye by Gfriend

To my dearest Yennie,

              Probably you're reading this when I'm already miles away from you. But I just want you to know that nothing changed from my perspective.
 

Annyeong ajigeun baeuji mothan mal hana
Ije jogeumsshik al geot gatayo~

You're still the Yennie that I love the most. You're still the only one who makes my day bright. You're still the one who can make my heart beats so fast for no apparent reason. You're still in my heart, sweety pie. I'm still loving you. I'm sorry if I didn't fight for our love. Please forgive me for being stupid and coward. Let me tell you what really happened that time, when I decided to break up with you.

 

Honja gidarida sumjugyeo
Ulmeogineun nae moseub
Ajik eorigiman
Gamdanghaji mothagesseoyo~

 

You do know that my family owns different kinds of businesses and has a branches all over the world, right? There's this man who became our rival in business world. Since I'm the heiress, he's always attacking me. He knows that you're my weakness so he used that opportunity. He wants to kill my parents. But he said that he'll not kill them if I stay away from you.

 

Mideojiji anhaseo
Naege yuirhaetdeon
Neoui geu wirodeuri
Jeogi jeo gureum dwiro sarajyeo

 

So....even if it hurts, I've decided to do it. For the sake of my parents and for our businesses. Also, for the safety of my Yennie. Because he'll kill you if I didn't stay away from you. But I can't help myself, I really missed you.

Geuman i byeoldeura
Nareul dowajwoyo
You're my sky
Yeongwonhi ige kkeuti anigil
Naegeneun uri chueogi
Ijji mothal seonmul gata

Don't worry, I'll kill that man. I'll kill him for hurting you, sweety.

Neol mannago shipeo
Bol su eobda haedo
Eodiseonga nareul  gamssajul
Neoui gieok~

Do you still remember how we met? It's the happiest day of my life. The day when I saw a small notebook that has a word 'INERT' on the front page. It's a notebook about Chemistry. I can still remember how I spent my whole weekend to find the owner of that notebook. And luckily, I managed to find it. It's yours. Because of that, I called you 'Inert girl'.

 

Himdeun naesaek hanado eobshi
Useojudeon geu moseub
Jeogeodo naegeneun
Malhaejuji wae geuraesseoyo
 

I'm amazed by how you write even a small detail about Chem. We became friends. And you always persisted me that you should be the one who's calling me 'Inert' because of my personality. I am very cold and don't want to interact with others, just like inert gases that's very unreactive to other elements.
 

Kkumirago marhaejwo
Naege sojunghaetdeon
Neoui geu yaksokdeuri
Jeogi jeo gureum dwiro sarajyeo

I can still remember how we fell in love with each other. That's one of the best memories I ever had with you.
 

Geuman I byeoldeura nareul dowajwoyo
You're my sky
Yeongwonhi igo kkeuti anigil
Naegeneun uri chueogi
Igiji mothal seonmul gata

Neol mannago shipeo
Dwedolligo shipeo
Irwojiji anheul georan geol algo isseo~

Sweety pie, I know that you detest me so much for what I did. I gave you so much despair and intricate love. I know that apologizing isn't enough to forgive me but here I am, regretting why I didn't make myself brave and fight for us.

 

Nal doraboji marayo
Chamawasseotdeon
Nunmuri ssodajyeo beoril ttae
 

You think I didn't love you because of my incisive words towards you? It's a big no, sweety pie. I deeply miss your voice.


 

Naneun gwaenchanheunikkayo
Ibyeori bureooneun goseuro
Deouk deo nopi~ jeo meolli

I'm dying to ask if do you still have that feeling. You don't know how I drastically want you in my life. You don't know how many times I cried. Nevertheless, I know that you don't love me anymore. And I will handle hurtful action of yours because I deserve it. So now, I've decided to stay away from you. I don't want you to hurt again. In this way, you'll never be hurt again. I love you so much, my Yennie. Please be happy with him. I'm sorry for the last time.

                                          ~Your Ttinb

arajwoyo
I don't wanna cry
Nae sarangeun eodi gaji anhayo
Yeongwonhi neoui geu maemeul eonjekkaji gieokhalge
Bogo shipeul geoya
Nae gyeote eobseodo
Eodiseonga nareul gamssajwo
Ijen annyeong~



 

My tears can't stop flowing when I read her letter. Why does it hurts so much? I'm such a fool for being mean to her. All this time, she still loves me. All this time, she's really telling the truth. That explained why her actions were like that. I want to slap myself for ignoring her, for hurting her. If only I knew, it'll never happen.

They went closer to me and started embracing me.
 

"Yerin unnie, it's okay. It's not your fault to be slumped in this situation, neither Sinb," Eunha said while hugging me.

"Don't worry, everything will be alright," Sowon unnie assured me.

"By the way, the killer is now gone. When you're still unconscious, Sinb didn't stop finding and chasing that man," Umji spoke.

"W-where is she? I want to talk to her," my voice was now raucous due to crying. I noticed that they averted their eyes from me.
 

"Answer me, where is she?! I wanna talk to Sinb!"

Yuju looked at me with a sad face.

"She already left the country. She don't want you to bother again," she replied.

It leaves my world devastated upon hearing that. Now that I already know the truth, she's gone. I don't know if I can live without her by my side. She became the light in my world but now, I can't even see my world. It was now covered by darkness.