I Can Still Remember

INERT

Yerin's POV

"Yerin-ah, can you deliver these rice cakes to this place?" Mom said while handing me the small card. I turned to her as I get the card.

"Okay," I replied and I get the rice cakes.

Mom is known for her delicious rice cakes. Many people like it and tend to order from us. I'm the one who's in-charge of taking the orders and delivering it to the customers. I went outside and took my bike.

"Unnie!"

I saw Eunha, my little sister who's running towards me wearing her school uniform. She showed me her phone that has a picture of a cute guy.

"And who's that?" I asked her while my forehead creases.

"My new crush unnie! Waaah! He's so handsome, right?  His name is Jungkook!" She exclaimed and giggled like an idiot.

"Geez! Enough! You better prepare for school, you're gonna be late."

"Hihi! Ne unnie! Arraseo~! Bye~!" She waved her hand to me and went to the bus.

Hays, that idiot.
There's so many people that she admired. But of course I love her.

Mom and I did everything to support her financial needs in school. Though I decided to stop from studying for a while, I didn't want her to give up on her dreams because of this freaking poverty. It's enough that I'm the one who's suffering and not her. It's fine with me. Well, that's what unnies do, right?

I ride my bicycle and took a glimpse on the small card that Mom gave me. The place is kinda far. Anyways, it's fine.

It took me 30 minutes to arrive at this small village. I placed my bike near the wall and walked on the street while carrying the rice cakes.

But while I'm walking, a group of boys approached me.

"Hey, seems like you're looking for something. Are you new to this place? Ohh~looks like you have a food there. Mind sharing it?" the masculine guy said and the three others nodded and smiled devilishly.

I just ignored them and continued walking but the guy just grabbed my arm and took the rice cakes from my hand.

"Can you please give that back to me?! I need to deliver that to our customer!" I snorted to them but they just ignored me and started opening the boxes. And the next thing I knew is..... they ate those rice cakes.

"! Why did you eat my rice cakes?! Fudge!" I glared at them but the guy just chuckled and gave me an sneering look.

"Miss, it's not that tasty. What the heck is this food? Are you--------"

He didn't finish his words because I spilled the rice cakes on his face.

"Who are you to say that?! My Mom made this all night and almost didn't sleep! And now, you wasted it! How dare you!" I shouted at him with full of anger. I noticed how his face turned into annoying one.

He was about to hit me when we heard a voice.

"ENOUGH JACKSON."

We turned to the girl and I was shocked because it was her.

Sinb.....

"Oh Sinb-yah, what are you doing here? Did you miss me?" the guy asked and Sinb's eyebrows raised upon hearing that.

", don't you ever dare mess with this girl. Give that back to her!"

Sinb's voice is kinda scary so the guy and the three others gave the rice cakes back to me. They were about to run when Sinb grabbed the collar of the guy and stared at him with her cold eyes.

"You piece of sh-t! You ate those rice cakes and you're not going to pay her? You're really that stupid, Jackson?!"

"Uh.... a-alright! I'm going to pay her, just get off of me! It's suffocating!"

Jackson gave me money and after that they ran away. Tss. Son of a bee! How can I deliver these to our customers if it already has a bite? Psh. That Jackson is really annoying! Tsk.

I looked at Sinb who's now staring at me. I feel awkward with her stares so I just looked away.

"Next time, don't come in this place. Jackson and his friends are always here making fun of the people who aren't familiar with this place."

When I met her eyes, it's as if I'll be drowning with her stares. Even though she has this cold eyes, I can still remember the desire in her eyes everytime she look at me before. The small curve on her lips everytime I tell her my jokes and being clingy to her. I can still remember when we're still together. Both happy and contented with each other's arms. Those good old days.

What if we're still together by now? Will I be able to see those desires in her eyes again?

"T-thanks," I muttered as I looked at her. She just nodded and began to walk away.

As I watch her walking away, there's this feeling that I can't explain.

I'm longing for her embrace even though she hurt me a lot.