It's All A Lie

INERT

Yerin's POV

"Bye Mom! We're going now!"

I hugged her and kissed her on the cheeks. Eunha did the same.

"Take care!" Mom said while waving her hand.

We went outside and entered the school bus that is waiting for us. Eunha persisted me to not use my bike when going to school. She said that she want her eonni accompanying her always. I'm so touched that time but I realized that she just want me to pay for her. Geez! Silly bunny.

"Eonni," she called me so I removed my earphones and turned to her.

"Yes?"

"Do you still have feelings for her?"

I quickly turned away upon hearing that.

"What kind of question is that? Are you going to tease me because of what happened last night?"

She laughed cutely and giggled.

"Ahehe! Andwae! It's just that I can see that you still love her."

"Mwo? You know what? Stop saying nonsense things, okay? Just focus on your exams today," I put my earphones back but Eunha keep on nagging me.

"Ihhh eonni! I can also see that Sinb-yah still loves you. I saw it in her eyes!"

With that, I stopped for a while. How's that possible? She said before that she don't need me in her life anymore. She said that she didn't love me actually. She said that I'm the biggest mistake in her life. She said that she want to forget about me. And what's the meaning of that? After saying all of those incisive words, after treating me coldly, she'll act like that? Am I a joke to her? Tsk.

I can't still forget about what happened last night. She kissed my nose. That's what I always wanted but now she did that deliberately.
And we smiled to each other. What the fudge?! Am I going crazy? I want to be mad at her! I want to ignore her! But my heart can't. It's giving me hope to trust again with her.

"Whatever unnie! Maybe I'm just imagining things," she said and took her phone and began scrolling. Hays, what am I going to do with my heart?

***

"Classes of organic compounds can be distinguished according to functional groups they contain. A functional group is a group of atoms that is largely responsible for the chemical behavior of the parent molecule," Miss Sunmi, our Chemistry teacher explained while pointing the PowerPoint presentation on the board.

Well, I guess I'm the only one who's paying attention and listening attentively in this class. They are all busy doing something. Some are sleeping and playing games on their phone. Tsk. They never really liked Chemistry so I pity Miss Sunmi for teaching us patiently because they aren't listening.

"Different molecules containing the same kind of functional group or groups undergo similar reactions. Thus, by learning the characteristic properties of common functional groups, we can study and understand the properties of many organic compounds. So......... Mino, stand up!" Miss Sunmi looked at the back and I saw a tall guy who stood up that has a messy hair.

Wait, is he the one from yesterday? Ah right! He's the one who accidentally hit me a soccer ball. I didn't know that he's my classmate.

He scratched his head and just stoop as Miss Sunmi went closer to him.

"What?! You can't give me examples? That's because you aren't listening! And soccer is the only thing in your mind! Why?! Is soccer can help you pass your exams?!" Miss Sunmi snarled and it caught the attention of the class.

"I'm sorry, Miss Sunmi," said Mino who can't look at Miss Sunmi. She was about to speak a word when I raised my hand so she tend to looked at me.

"Ms. Jung? Why?"

"I can give you examples of functional groups."

"Okay, begin."

"Hydroxyl Functional Group, it is known as the alcohol group. It consists of a hydrogen atom covalently bonded to an oxygen atom. The hydroxyl group is denoted by -OH in chemical structures and has a valence charge of -1 when in the hydroxyl ion form. Next is Ether, it contain the R-O-R' linkage, where R and R' are a hydrocarbon group. They are formed by the reaction between two alcohols. Then Aldehydes and Ketones, in an Aldehyde, at least one hydrogen atom is bonded to the carbon in the carbonyl group. In a Ketone, the carbon atom in the carbonyl group is bonded to two hydrocarbon groups. Next we have Amines, these are the derivatives of ammonia or NH3 in which one or more hydrogen atoms are replaced by alkyl groups. There were so many functional groups but I only mentioned some of them. These are the basics," I explained that made them clapped their hands and amusement is all over their faces. Tsk, very simple. I just love Chem that's why..

"Very well said, Yerin! That's a brilliant answer! Would you mind repeating it, Mino?" She then turned to Mino but the school bell rang as a signal for snack time. Miss Sunmi just rolled her eyes because of that.

She bid her goodbye and already left the room. I stood up to get some snacks. I'm really starving to death!

"You're really good, Yerin! Keep it up!" I turned around and saw Sana who's giving me a thumbs up. I just smiled at her and went outside. I'm going to the school canteen.

Hmm.. should I contact my friends? I'm alone right now. Maybe they're already taking their snacks.

Me and my friends aren't in the same class for the reason that I stopped studying. They were one year ahead of me.

While walking on the hallway, I saw Sinb together with Moonbin. She looked happy while Moonbin making her laugh. He even ruffled her hair and she jokingly punched him.

I just passed them by and ignored what I saw. Damn. It really hurts! I thought she's telling the truth! I thought she still loves me. But it's all a lie! I hate you Hwang Eunbi! Argh! I hate you for giving me hope that you're still into me. I'll never trust with you again! You're already happy with him while I'm suffering from this freaking feelings.
 

"Hey, Yerin-ah!"

I turned around and I saw Mino who's smiling at me.

"Are you also going to the Canteen?"

"Yes. Mind if I join you, Yerin-ah?"

"Uh sure, fine."

I took a quick glance to Sinb and I noticed that she's looking at me. She even stared at Mino with her cold eyes. Okay? What's with her stares?

I just ignored it and continue walking while Mino keep on talking to me.

"Yerin-ah, thank you for saving me earlier."

"No worries. Just a small thing."

"You're really good at Chem, huh? You like it?"

"Aniyo. I love it."

"Whoah! I wish I'm also good at it so that I can help you as well."

"Don't worry, I'll help you."

"Really?"

"Ne."

"Thank you, Yerin-ah. Hmm..... can we be friends?"

I looked at him but I noticed Sinb and Moonbin who's also walking towards our direction. They passed us by as I said the words.....

"Yes, let's be friends Mino."

I noticed how Sinb stopped from walking and turned to us. But I just ignored her and we took our way to the Canteen.