Ice Cream

INERT

Yerin's POV

"Hi babe," that someone greeted me while smiling at me.

"Hi," I replied while smiling.

"You are not alone now, Yerin unnie. Hehe." Umji spoke while looking at Mino.

"Oops, seems like you missed each other. C'mon guys, give them time to talk," Sowon unnie said.

"Right! But before that, can we have some pizza?" Eunha while pointing the boxes of pizza carried by Mino.

"Uh yeah sure! Here," Mino handed the boxes of pizza to Eunha and the bunny is smiling from ear to ear. Tsk, glutton girl.

After that, they finally left us. I looked at Mino who's now staring at me.

"What's with that stare? You really missed me dude?" I jokingly tapped his shoulder that made him smiled.

"Yes babe, good thing that you have a vacation. I got a chance to see you again. I almost end up sulking when you didn't contact me and didn't reply to my messages because you're always busy in the lab. I really missed you, babe."

Aww...this sweet dude didn't changed after all. He's still the Mino I know. I let him call me 'babe' for being sooo kind to me over the years. Even though I rejected him before, he's still there for me. I don't mind if he calls me 'babe', 'baby', 'sweetcake', it's no malice after all.

"Is that so? Haha! It's because I'm making a substance that could turn you into a cold person."

He suddenly grimaced and shook his head.

"Eeehh! You want me to be as cold as ice? I don't want! That's a no-no! I'll always be sweet to you no matter what."

I jokingly pushed his forehead using my index finger as I chuckled.

"Idiot! I'm just kidding! Haha."

I stopped for a while when he hold both of my hands and looked directly in my eyes. Uh-oh. Here comes the serious Mino. What the heck? What's with his stares? It's bothering me. Lol. I should be used to it. He's always like this.

"Yerin-ssi, do you still love her?"

I looked away when he asked me that question. Tss, it's so awkward bruh! But I wanna answer him that I do still love Sinb. Nothing changed. The reason why I can't love him back is because I really love Sinb.

The reason why I keep myself being busy on the lab is because I'm still hoping that Sinb will come back someday. That she'll come back to me. But I didn't utter any words and still avoiding his eyes.

"Well, I guess, I really don't have a chance."

I looked at Mino and trying to make himself smile at me even though I can still see the sadness in his eyes. Tsk, I hate it! When someone is hurting because of me.

This time I hold his hands and give him a sweet smile.

"Mino, you deserve someone better. I know that someday you'll meet the one who will love you like the way you love me, bruh."

"Hmm....can I hug you?"

"Of course! But you should treat me an ice cream!" I beamed.

He only chuckled and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back.

"You still love ice cream, Yerin-ssi?"

"Of course! That's my favorite!"

"Okay then! Let's have an ice cream!" He ruffled my hair and we started walking outside. Gosh, it's been a long time since I ate ice cream!

We've decided to go to the ice cream shop but Mino said that I should just wait for him outside the shop because he'll be the one to buy ice cream. I stood beside the glass wall of the ice cream shop while waiting for him.

I suddenly remembered the day when I cried because Sinb pranked me. I will never forget that day. She bought an ice cream for me as peace offering and that's the day when she accidentally said what's in her heart. She confessed her feelings for me. I barely smiled as I remembered those things. Hays, I really missed that cold Hwang. If I could only turn back time, I should've trusted her. Tsk, I'm such a fool!

15 minutes had passed but Mino didn't go out from the shop so I've decided to went inside. Gosh, this guy! What's taking him so long? He should've let me accompany him. Tsk tsk..

I was about to open the door when someone touched my arm from behind. I turned around and I saw a cute little boy who's smiling while holding the vanilla flavored ice cream, my favorite.

"Annyeong noona~! Someone asked me to give it to you," he handed me the ice cream. Though I looked perplexed, I took it from him.

I was about to talk to him but he started running away. Hays, what's wrong with him?

Hmm...is Mino the one who sent this ice cream? Aish! That guy!

My phone suddenly vibrated and I saw Mino's name in it.

He texted me to go to the nearest fast food chain. Aish! What the hell am I going to do there?

To: Mino
Yah daft! Why do I need to go there? You even sent out the ice cream you bought.

From: Mino
Huh? What ice cream? I haven't bought ice cream yet. Hehe. Just go to the nearest fast food chain, wait me there, okay?

Geez! I can't do nothing but to go to the nearest fast food chain. Hays, I'll punch that guy later for letting me go to the fast food chain alone.

 

Third Person's POV

Sinb's lips formed a small curve while watching Yerin from a far. She's happy that she managed to see her again. She's happy that she was able to take a glimpse at those eyes that she's longing for the long time.

I missed you, Yennie. I still love you.
But I promised to you that I'll never bother you again, so I'll just keep on watching you from a far.

Sinb even smiled widely when Yerin started eating the ice cream. She asked a cute little boy to give that ice cream to her, that's her favorite flavor and that's the ice cream that she always bought for her before.

Watching her from a far is enough to revive the feelings she hide for the past years.

She don't want to bother her since she know that she's still with Mino.

It's enough. Maybe we're not really destined to each other. It's fine. As long as you're alright, my Yennie. I'm just here, still loving you secretly.

Sinb turned her back from her as the smile on her face vanished. In her solitude, she found herself that she's still loving the girl that detest her so much. And she can't do anything but to collapsed in misery.

 

Yerin's POV

I was about to move and walked towards the fast food chain when I saw a familiar figure standing on the edge of a mahogany tree.

I stepped forward to see who it is. I couldn't see her face because her back is facing me.

I take a closer look and I was shocked when I recognized her. Even though I can only see her back, I still know that she's right there.

Sinb.....

My heart skips a beat and it's like my whole world stopped when I saw her.

Now Playing: Dreamcatcher by Gfriend

I quickly ran towards that Mahogany tree and I saw that she began walking.

I ran as fast as I could to overtook her. I stopped running when I'm just 2 meters away from her.

"Sinb-yah!"

She turned to me slowly and her eyes widened when she saw me. She still have that cold aura, the one that I love the most.

"Y-yerin...."