Memories

INERT

Yerin's POV

Maybe ignoring her is the right thing to do. I wanna forget my feelings for her. It still hurts and I don't wanna slumped in dilemma and endure this hurtful situation.

It's been one week since that day and I apologized to Mino for what Sinb did. Good thing that he understand though.

"Noona, what is catalyst?" Gyu asked while writing on his notes. I placed the book that I'm holding in the table and faced him.

"You haven't encountered that word before?"

He suddenly shook his head while scratching his head then smiled awkwardly.

"It's because....I'm not listening to the teacher. Hehe."

"Aigoo!" I said as I snapped my fingers. I pinched his cheeks and started explaining to him.

"A catalyst is something that can increase or decrease the rate of a particular reaction. It alters the rate of reaction."

"Hmm....so if I'll do my experiment and the reaction is very slow, can I put some catalyst to it?"

"Yeah, in order for the reaction to react quickly."

"I'm curious, noona. Do we also have a catalyst?"

"Yes, we have catalysts inside our body and these are called enzymes. These are biological catalysts inside our body. Enzymes do amazing tasks like converting the food we eat to energy, and maintaining and repairing our cells," I explained that made him amazed.

I took my phone and showed him a video.

"I'll show you some of the chemical reactions," I spoke as I clicked the video.

"Whoah! What's that, noona?"

"It's called the Golden Rain."

"Golden Rain?"

"The 'golden rain' in this reaction is actually crystals of lead iodide. Like with rain clouds, chemists use the word 'precipitation' to describe what happens when a reaction of liquids forms a solid that falls out of the solution."

"Whoah! This is awesome, noona! But what are these solutions?"

"Lead nitrate and potassium iodide. As you can see, they are reacting. The lead and potassium essentially swap places to form potassium nitrate and lead iodide."

"Whoah! This is fascinating! How did this happened?"

"While the starting materials dissolve in water, the golden-yellow lead iodide does not and crystallizes instead, forming the swirling shower this reaction is named for--------"

My words were interrupted when my phone suddenly rang.

"Noona, someone's calling."

I quickly took my phone and I saw Sowon unnie's name.

"Yeobeoseyo?"

[Yah Yerin! You have to come here! Something bad happened to Eunha, please hurry up!"]

With that, I immediately ended the call and fixed my things.

"Yah, noona, what's that? Are you leaving now?"
 

"Sorry Gyu, something bad happened to my sister. I need to go there immediately," I said as I get my things.

"What?! Uh I'll ask Dad to drive you there."

"Thanks Gyu."

***

I almost shuddered when I arrived at the abandoned building that Sowon unnie's saying. What the hell are they doing here? This building sends shiver down my spine.

I walked towards the door and opened it. When I entered the building, I saw Sowon unnie and Yuju running towards my direction.

"Yerin-ah!"

"Yerin unnie!"

"What happened?! Where's Eunha?! What happened to her?!" I asked them and they lead the way. We're running on the hallway and all I can see is darkness. Gosh, this place is really awful.

We stopped infront of the door and Yuju opened it. We went inside and I saw Eunha who's crying out loud while Umji trying to calm her down. I went to her and I held both of her shoulders.

"Eunha! What happened?! Hey, look at me, what happened?!"

She looked at me in the eyes and hugged me tightly.

"Unnie! There's a ghost in that room!" I noticed that she point the room behind me so I turned to it. My eyebrows furrowed when I heard of that.

"You're crying because there's a ghost?"

"Ne unnie! She tried to attack me earlier!"

"Wait, why are you here all of a sudden?"

"Ihh! Unnie! Stop asking! There's a ghost over there!"

I gave them a suspicious look but they only gave me a worried look. I can also see in their eyes that they're really scared. Really?! What the hell am I dealing with? Ghost doesn't exist, idiots!

"Stop saying nonsense things, ghosts doesn't exist, okay? That's what you get from watching horror movies! Geez! These people! I can't believe that you guys believe those things," I muttered.

"Yah! We're saying the truth! Why don't you go there, see it yourself!" Sowon unnie defended and all of them nodded and agreed.

"Go to that room unnie and you'll see," Yuju said.

"We're not lying, unnie," Umji spoke.

"Waaaah! Unnie! I'm so scared!" Eunha while burying her face to Umji.

I just shrugged my shoulders as I began walking to that room. I looked at them and they were also looking at me. Hays, I'll make them believe that they're just being delusional. I hold the door and open it.

Upon entering the room, darkness is what I see. So that's it huh? Probably they're just scared because it's so dark here.

Then, suddenly, I was shocked when someone closed the door and locked it.

What the?!

I turned to it and tried to open it. Fudge!

"Hey!!! Eunha?! Sowon unnie! Are you the one who locked me here?! Hey! Open it!" I said as I continued slamming the door.

"Hihihi! Sarreh Yerin unnie, we lied to you!" I heard Yuju's voice.

"Don't wory, there's no ghost there. And you'll never be lost," Umji shouted.

"Yah Yerinie~ someone is waiting for you there!" Sowon unnie exclaimed.

"Waah! Unnie! Thank us later! Hihihi!" Eunha giggled.

I just rolled my eyes upon hearing that. Gosh, so they set me up here? Aish! Those people! I hate them!

I tried to move forward and the light switched on. When the light covered the whole room, I'm surprised because there are pictures hanging beside the wall. There are also shimmering lights on the ceiling. There are rose petals on the floor. The scenario is indeed romantic. I heard a music played near me but I couldn't find where it is.

Now Playing: Trust by Gfriend

Ireohke mannage dwen ge
Unmyeong anin hokshi uyeoniramyeon
Bukkeureobjiman gijeogira
Marhago shipeunde
Tteollineun mam eotteokhaeyo~

I went to see the pictures hanging beside the wall. It's our photo together. When we were in Slovenia, we're so happy here.

Saeroga jogeumssik deo gipeojyeo
Geureohke naeireul muldeureogayo
Hamkke itdaneun geol neukkin sungan

 

I saw our picture when we were eating in the famous restaurant.
 

Ssodajineun byeoldeuri
Dagaoneun kkumdeuri
Dalmaganeun uri apeul balkhyeojuneyo
Eonjena i maeum han gaeunde
Byeonhaji anneun naui sarangin geojyo~

 

I grabbed another photo. It's the day when we first slept together. We even held each other's hands while sleeping.
 

Idaero geudae gaseume
Ttuieodeun chae meomureul su itdamyeon
Hangyeolgateun nunbiche nae mame
Museun seolmyeongi deo piryohanayo
Duri hanarago minneun sungan
 

There were so many picture of us here. I can't help but to reminisce those good old days, when we're still together. I remember how I'm being clingy to her and she'll just keep on teasing me. We were so happy in this pictures.
 

Ssodajineun byeoldeuri
Dagaoneun kkumdeuri
Dalmaganeun uri apeul balkhyeojuneyo
Eonjena i maeum han gaeunde
Byeonhaji anneun naui sarangin geojyo~

I suddenly noticed my tears dropped on the picture I'm holding. I just noticed that I'm already crying because of those memories.

"Yennie....."


 

My heart is racing when she called me. I turned to her.

Sinb...

And to my surprise, she was holding my giant doll. Ohmy! Baby Jibang! I really missed it!

Jigeumcheoreomman gatgil
Hangsang~
Byeonhaji anhkil baralge
Jogeum duryeobjiman
I gireul hamkke geodgo shipeo~

 

She went closer to me and placed my baby Jibang on the table near us. She then hold my hands. Little by little, she's now half an inch away from me.

She looked at me directly in the eyes.
I can't take off my eyes from her. It's like I'm drowning with her stares. Before I could move, she hugged me tightly as if she's longing for it for the long time.
 

Sel su eomneun apeumi
Ssodajineun nunmuri
Hanaga dwen uril bogo sarajineyo~
 

I found myself hugging her back and I can't stop this feeling.

 

Geudaereul saranghae eotteon geotdo
Makjil mothaeyo ije shijagin geojyo~