Chapter Twenty Five

Going Crazy for You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Two Weeks Later

Yoona woke up early in the morning with a sad smile on her face. She glanced at Jessica who was sleeping like an angel beside her. She smiled, but she also wanted to cry because she might not be able to ever see her again. She couldn't hold back her tears anymore and ran into the bathroom to cry her eyes out. "I'm sorry," she muttered repeatedly, she hated herself now that she would have to go to jail for everything that has happened.

She stayed in the bathroom for twenty minutes as she cried harder than she ever had before, however she freaked out when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her. "Don't cry, I'm here," Jessica whispered in her ear. Yoona wanted to stop crying, but she just cried harder in Jessica's shoulder while she calmly her hair. Jessica didn't know what was going on, but she knew that Yoona was going through a lot of emotional pain and wanted to do her best to soothe her.

After a while, Yoona stopped crying and she puffed her cheeks so that she wouldn't be able to do it anymore. Jessica saw Yoona's tear streaked face and lightly kissed all of them away. "Now do you mind telling me why you were crying in the bathroom?" she asked softly. "I have to go to trial today. I should be in jail right now, but Sooyoung and Yuri pitied me so they put this tracking device so they'll know where I am going and so that I won't do anything else," Yoona explained.

"I'm sorry. I didn't even bother getting a lawyer, so now I'll probably go to jail and leave you all alone. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," Yoona murmured repeatedly. Yoona thought that Jessica would either cry, be angry, or panic but she didn't do any of those things. "You were crying over that?" Jessica whispered while kissing her ear multiple times. "Yeah, but why aren't you upset? It's all my fault," Yoona replied while wiping her tears off.

"I already knew the truth," Jessics replied with a smirk before heading to the living room with a confused Yoona behind her. "How did she know?" she whispered. "It's a long story," Jessica replied with a confident smile on her face. "What do you mean?" Yoona asked. "Basically, I found your court notice while cleaning the house a week ago," Jessica explained. "Why did you hide it from me Yoongie?" she asked. "I didn't want to ruin the little amount of time we had left together," Yoona murmured.

"Don't worry, everything is going to be fine," Jessica replied. "No it's not fine! I'm sick and tired of people telling me that! I'm going to jail, but you won't because you changed your identity!" Yoona screamed. "I won't be able to survive there, I can't live without you, what am I supposed to do now?" she asked in a softer voice as more tears stained her face. Jessica cautiously approached Yoona and hugged her.

"Yoona, there's something you don't know. Let me show you what I've kept a secret from you for a long time," Jessica said as she walked towards a bookshelf and took a picture frame down from the wall. "I'm a lawyer now," she said with a smile. "Really?" Yoona asked. "I took on the identity of a lawyer and I've been working on your case immediately when I found out that you were going to jail," Jessica said.

Yoona immediately realized everything, now she understood why Jessica would stay in the living room for hours at a time, she was trying her best to help her. "I'm so sorry for yelling at you. I'm so sorry," she muttered repeatedly as she kissed Jessica's forehead repeatedly. "It's fine Yoongie, now everything is ready for your trial, you will not go to jail, you'll be with me forever," Jessica said as she held Yoona's hands and her palms with her thumbs.

Yoona smiled as she grabbed Jessica's waist and kissed her with as much passion as they could. Jessica responded with just as much fervour and they made out for fifteen minutes before Jessica pulled away. "Come on, let's get ready," she said as she played with Yoona's hair. "Okay," Yoona replied with a smile and ran towards the bedroom. Jessica chuckled with her girlfriend's antics and also went to change her clothes.

-

Thirty minutes had passed and Yoona was waiting for her girlfriend to come out and she glanced at her watch. It was twelve in the afternoon and their trial was at one. "Come on Yoongie, let's go," someone said from behind. Yoona turned around and her jaw dropped when she saw Jessica dressed up in a y black suit with a manilla folder in her right arm. "Wow," she murmured, Jessica looked extremely beautiful especially with her blonde hair falling down her shoulders.

"You're drooling," Jessica said with a smile as she closed Yoona's mouth. "Oh sorry," Yoona replied shyly as she wiped with her hand. "You're so beautiful," she whispered, Jessica looked totally different. She looked very confident and had a very positive aura around her. "Do you want to see the files?" Jessica asked as she leaned on Yoona's shoulder. "Sure," Yoona replied and skimmed through the documents that Jessica has written.

"Wow, this is amazing. You've really outdone yourself this time Sica," Yoona said as she lightly Jessica's cheek. "Thank you Yoongie," she replied and lightly kissed Yoona's lips. "Come on, let's go now," she added with a small smile on her face. Yoona nodded and sat in the driver's seat while Jessica sat next to her. "Why are you so nervous?" she asked when she saw Jessica's hands trembling as she read through the files as quickly as she could.

"I don't know, we really have to win this case," Jessica replied. "Have you ever been this nervous before?" Yoona asked. "No," she replied. Yoona noticed how anxious she looked and kissed her cheek. "Don't worry about it. We'll do this together," Yoona said. "I hope so," Jessica replied as their car finally pulled up in front of the courthouse. "We can't look like a couple, then they will know who I am," Jessica whispered in her ear and Yoona nodded with a smile.

"Hello, sorry if we're late," Jessica said as she entered the courtroom with Yoona beside her. "Don't worry Miss Jung, you're perfectly fine," the judge responded with a smile on her face. Jessica responded with a gorgeous smile and Yoona felt her heart skip a beat. Jessica turned when she felt Yoona's eyes on her and showed her a small smile before glaring at the opposite party, she would not let them win. "Okay, so shall we start?" the judge asked and Jessica broke out of her trance.

"Yes," she calmly replied. "Okay, so we are here today over the case of JT that happened a couple of months ago," the judge continued. "Apparently, the criminals passed away in the house incident, but now we're here over Yoona's involvement. She lied about it, because she was apparently dating someone who was very involved with the murders of over fifty people," she said. Yoona bowed her head when she recalled the incident.

 Those times were some of the worst in her life, she felt just like she did in the past when her parents were murdered. Jessica noticed this and snuck her left hand into Yoona's to calm her down. Now she was listening to the judge who was giving a synopsis of everything that happened and the reason why Yoona was being charged. While Yoona was bowing her head in sadness before realizing that Jessica placed her hand in her own.

She smiled a little bit while playing with Jessica's hand from under the table. Meanwhile Sooyoung and Yuri sat in the audience, they really didn't want Yoona to go to jail, but they knew that she was in the wrong here. She was a police officer and she violated the oath that they did when they first joined the police force, but they knew that they would have done the same thing if they were in Yoona's shoes.

"Wow, look at the pretty blonde lawyer beside Yoona," Yuri whispered. "Yeah, she's gorgeous, she reminds me of someone, but I don't remember who it is," Sooyoung replied. "Whatever," Yuri said and focused her eyes back on the people in front of her. "Your honour, may I please present my information?" the prosecutor asked and the judge nodded.

"You see your honor, Yoona has done something that no officer should never do. She lied about the case and defended a criminal!" the lawyer exclaimed. Yoona winced with her words and she felt like crying, she did something very bad, but Jessica grasped her hand and tried her best to soothe her without anyone realizing it. She zoned out for a while, because all of those words were too painful for her to listen to.

"Your honour, she must go to jail for a long time!" the lawyer exclaimed in an angry voice while Jessica glared at him while clenching her fist. "Now your honour, you must hear the other side of the story," Jessica said as she stood up when the other lawyer finished. "Has Yoona ever lied and covered up the case? No, she didn't, because she was busy trying to find out the intentions of the criminals were," Jessica said as she placed a document on a piece of paper.

"Kim Hyun-Joong was a very dangerous man who killed several people and it was obvious that Tiffany Hwang and Jessica Jung were going to get revenge," Jessica said as she placed another piece of paper down on the table where everybody could see what was on it. There were several pictures of deceased people and there were bright red circles on everyone that was related to Jessica and Tiffany.

"You see, people have tried many times to put Hyun-Joong in jail, but he always killed them before they could," Jessica continued as she placed several graphic pictures of dead bodies that Hyun-Joong has murdered. "It was clear that Hyun-Joong had no intention to stop doing what he was doing, there was nothing else they could do," she said. "JT didn't kill innocent people, they actually killed several high profile gangsters who have lived off of ruining other people's lives.

All of their murders could be justified. Here are all of the crimes that every single one of these gangsters have done and it didn't look like they would have stopped anytime soon if they hadn't killed them," Jessica said in an upset tone as she placed several more papers down. Yoona raised her head, she knew that Jessica was on the verge of bursting in tears, but she couldn't do anything about it.

"Kim Taeyeon and Im Yoona were innocent, they didn't cover anything up because Hyun-Joong specifically said to not get the other police officers involved. They were the leaders of the case, so they did what they had to do. Don't drag them into this, focus on the perpetrators of all of these horrible crimes, focus on Hyun-Joong and all of those cruel people who have ruined many lives," Jessica said as she gave all of the documents to the judge.

Now the prosecutor also gave his documents to the judge, now they were waiting for what the verdict would be. Fifteen minutes have passed and now they were waiting anxiously for the results, but Jessica was the most nervous of them all. She was one of the most talented lawyers in the country, but she would feel like nothing if she didn't win the case. "You did very well Sica," Yoona whispered when she realized how tense her girlfriend was.

"I don'

Please log in to read the full chapter