Chapter Twenty Two

Going Crazy for You
Please log in to read the full chapter

A girl lay in a hospital bed and felt too exhausted to even move. Then she somehow got the energy to open her eyes and look around, she was in a white room and realized that she was wearing blue hospital clothes. What was she doing here? A million thoughts ran through her mind, giving her a headache. All she remembered was being in a lot of pain and hugging Yoona.

She smiled when she thought about Yoona, she must be waiting for her outside. She took a letter out of her pocket, she wanted to give it to Yoona if she died, but now she won't need it anymore because she was alive. She groaned when she sat up and leaned against the headboard, her back hurts, but she can't wait to see Yoona. "Yoongie, I'm coming!" she murmured excitedly before standing up and stretching, now her body doesn't hurt as much as before.

She decided to walk around the room and see what was inside while she was waiting for her doctor to let her leave. She saw a dresser next to her bed and was curious to see what was inside. She crouched down and her eyes widened while she gasped in shock. There were several documents that had her name on them. "Oh, you're finally awake," a man said from behind.

Jessica whipped her head around and saw a middle aged man who looked familiar for some reason. "Do I know you?" she whispered. '"Do you remember me? I'm Changmin, your father's old friend," he said. Jessica's eyebrows furrowed and then her eyes brightened. "Oh, I remember you! How are you?" Jessica asked. Changmin smiled and played with Jessica's hair. "I'm good. It's been a while since I last saw you," he replied.

"By the way, I feel good enough, can I leave the hospital now? My girlfriend might be waiting for me and she must be so worried," Jessica said with a smile, but Changmin's face darkened. "I don't think so," he said. "What do you mean? Why won't I be able to see her?" Jessica asked with a confused look. "Trust me Jessica, you might not like what I ask you to do, but you must do this," he said and Jessica's eyebrow raised.

"What are you talking about?" she asked in an annoyed tone. "You must pretend to be dead," he stated while looking at Jessica's eyes with a sad look. 'What do you mean? Stop talking nonsense!" Jessica exclaimed, now she was extremely angry. "Hear me out, if you don't do that then Yoona will go to jail!" he replied. "What do you mean?" Jessica asked. "Yoona is now going to go to jail because of what you did," Changmin continued.

"Wait, why would she go to jail if I was the criminal? I would be the one going to jail, not her," Jessica reasoned. "No, she will be going to jail because she covered up your crimes. She did it because she loves you a lot and now she'll have to pay the price for it," he said. Jessica lowered her head, she felt like crying. Now Yoona will have to go to jail and lose everything because she was too selfish. She held back her tears and stared at Changmin with a frown.

"I know how much you love her, but this is for the best. Don't you think Yoona deserves better? You don't want to drag her down with you, don't you?" he asked. Now tears were spilling out of Jessica's eyes, Changmin was right, she didn't deserve Yoona at all. "So what do you want me to do?" she asked. "You will have to pretend to be dead," he said. "But I'm not dead! I'm alive!" Jessica screamed, now she was very upset.

"Hear me out, you will no longer be Jessica Jung, now you'll take on the identity of another girl who passed away today," Changmin said. "What is her name? Who will I be now?" Jessica asked after wiping her tears. Changmin smiled and took some files out of the dresser and skimmed through the papers. "You are going to take the identity of this girl. She's perfect," he said. Jessica's eyes widened when she looked at the picture in front of her.

The girl had a bright smile and had a very sophisticated aura that Jessica could feel from this picture. She noticed how their faces looked extremely similar, but this girl had blond hair and looked extremely beautiful. "What is her name?" she asked while staring at the picture in front of her. "Coincidentally, this girl's name is also Jung Sooyeon, which also makes her English name Jessica," Changmin said.

"The good thing about this is that she has no family or friends, so nobody will find out the truth," he continued. "What does she do?" Jessica asked. "She is a lawyer from Seoul Law Firm, so you will have to settle in as one within a week," he said. "A lawyer? How am I supposed to do that? I don't know anything about law!" Jessica exclaimed. "Here's a book, it has everything you need to know about law," he said while Jessica stared at it for a while.

"Trust me Jessica, this is for the best," Changmin continued. "What is the girl's personality?" she asked. "She's a lot like you, she's known for being an ice princess," he replied. "Ok

Please log in to read the full chapter