Chapter Seventeen

Going Crazy for You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jessica was alone in her room with a cell phone in her hand. She hasn't used it in a while, because she didn't want to be able to contact Yoona. However, now she just stared at her phone screen, fingers lightly typing a series of numbers before erasing them and retyping them again. She never had to think so much in her life before. Then she somehow became courageous enough to press the call number and listened to the soft ringing of the phone.

"Hello? Jessica?" a familiar low voice asked, breaking her out of her chaotic thoughts. Jessica was silent without saying a word, she was wondering if she made a mistake by calling Yoona. How should she start the conversation? "Jessica, is that you?" Yoona asked. "Yes, it's me," she said awkwardly, because she didn't know what to say. She was starting to regret trying to contact Yoona, because she didn't know if she was doing the right thing. Should she disconnect the call?

She felt like a fool for falling in love with a police officer when she was a criminal. "Please don't turn the phone off, I have a lot to tell you," Yoona replied, it seemed like she could read her thoughts. "Just great," Jessica murmured quietly so that Yoona wouldn't hear her. Then Jessica remembered what she called Yoona for, she had to ask why she helped her escape. She didn't know why Yoona helped her, but she was very curious what she was thinking.

"Why did you help me?" she asked bluntly. "Well, what fool would want to see their loved one arrested?" Yoona replied. Jessica smiled with Yoona's sweet words, she never failed at getting her heart to race and it has been a long time since she last smiled happily. Suddenly, she was jerked out of her thoughts, and then felt upset. Their relationship was over, why was Yoona still addressing her as her lover? "You're so stupid, isn't that morally wrong for a policeman like you?" she asked.

"I don't always have to be right," Yoona answered. Jessica was speechless with Yoona's words. Usually, she was able to easily retort something, but Yoona was different. What is she feeling right now? Could she still be in love with Yoona? Jessica felt like an idiot for allowing herself to fall for a police officer. Even if she changed everything that has happened to her, she knew that she would never be able to be good enough for Yoona. 

Yoona gave her beautiful heart to her, but all she did was brutally cut everything off when she found out about her secret. Now she called Yoona to ask a question, but now she knew that she would be better off not knowing the answer. Yoona still loves her and it was heartbreaking, she felt stupid for hurting Yoona this whole time. "Can I please see you? I'm tired of playing hide and seek," Yoona said tiredly after a long silence and they were quiet once again.

"You already know what my answer would be, of course I won't," Jessica nonchalantly replied, breaking Yoona's heart in the process. "Don't worry, Taeyeon and I have been investigating your family's case in the past, so you...," Yoona said as calmly as possible so that she wouldn't start a fight, but Jessica interrupted her before she could finish her sentence. "I'll handle everything by myself, the police shouldn't interfere," she replied.

When Yoona heard Jessica's word, it felt like all of her efforts went to waste. Ever since Jessica left, she couldn't feel happy at all, she just felt sad. She has been working day and night while investigating the case that happened twenty years ago. She really wanted to catch the killer as quickly as she could, so that she could get justice for the families, but now she was questioning everything. Why was she even doing this?

Now that Jessica told her to not interfere with her matters, she was confused. Was she nothing to Jessica? Was she just playing with her heart? "You can handle it? Don't you know that one little mistake will send you to jail? Don't you know that you are being sought after by the whole country?" she almost yelled. Jessica was silent for a while as more horrible memories appeared in her mind.

Tears formed at the corners of her eyes, blurring her vision which she hated the most. She was happy a couple of minutes ago, but now she felt extremely upset. Even though Yoona wasn't wrong, why did she have to yell at her? Jessica sighed, she shouldn't have called Yoona, but she knew that she could only blame herself for this stupid call. "Let's just stop being like this, can I just see you? It's okay if it's just for a litt

Please log in to read the full chapter