Chapter Fourteen

Going Crazy for You
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was dead silent, the house was very dark and cold. There were many corpses on the floor and the cold gun was still pointed at Jessica's head, making her unable to move. Jessica couldn't be passive in this situation, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Then she suddenly stood up and turned around. With the light of her phone, she could see Yoona, her tall and skinny body was holding a gun, her eyes were devoid of emotion.

'"Wow you found out," Jessica said as she shrugged and smiled wryly. She felt extremely impatient right now. The usually sweet and happy girl was now replaced by a cold blooded killer. Jessica stared at the familiar figure in front of her, she was quiet. She knew that this would happen sooner or later, but she never knew that it would happen this quickly. She glanced at Yoona who was standing still and raised her eyebrows.

"So you were lying about going on a business trip, this was all a trap. I should have known better," she murmured to herself. Yoona sighed in helplessness, she tried to deny everything, but the criminal was standing right in front of her. Yoona looked at Jessica from top to bottom, she was silent for a long time. "What happened to your neck? Does it hurt?" she asked warmly. Those words contained so much concern, that Yoona herself was shocked.

She should be angry and indignant to Jessica, but for some reason, she wasn't. Now, she was staring at Jessica's neck. She slowly walked towards her and Jessica was extremely shocked. She was surprised with how Yoona wasn't angry and why was she approaching her? Yoona lightly touched Jessica's neck, there were distinct handprints, and she noticed how Jessica winced when she touched her neck, it must really hurt. Jessica looked at Yoona, her face was emotionless.  

She frowned when Yoona was acting very sweet to her, but she couldn't let herself be moved by Yoona's words, otherwise she would run towards Yoona and hug her like nothing is wrong in the world. She knew that she must be as calm as possible, even though she is far from that. "Please don't pity me," she said coldly. As much as she wants to hug Yoona, she can't because she foolishly indulged in something called love and now she will lose everything that she worked so hard to achieve.

Yoona heard Jessica's cold voice and realized that her gun was still pointed at her. Then she placed the gun on the ground to assure Jessica that she wouldn't harm her, she hoped that it would calm her down. "Jessica, don't come towards me," Yoona said. "Why?" Jessica asked and Yoona sighed. "Just let the police take care of it," she said softly. When Jessica heard her words, her face changed. Her eyebrows furrowed and she clenched her fists, with tears about to form.

She was no longer calm, she was extremely angry. She walked a couple of steps towards Yoona, her lips were trembling. "What can the police do?" she asked with disdain. Jessica moved forward, pushing Yoona back. The more she backed away, the more she moved forward. The horrible memories that Jessica has been trying to bury in her past have returned. It was becoming hard for her to even think straight. 

"My whole family was killed twenty years ago, has anyone got justice for them? Why are you police officers still letting that bastard be free and not put him in jail? Why didn't you analyze it? Why didn't you even try to find the killer?" she asked in an angry voice, she was extremely upset to the point that a couple of tears slid down her cheeks. She has hidden everything that she has felt for so long, but now she can't take it anymore, she hated pretending that she was okay.

Yoona didn't say anything, she just stared blankly at her. Jessica was completely different, Yoona could see how much pain she was in and how much she suffered. Jessica looked up at Yoona, her eyes full of hate and resentment. She smirked, she has to let everything out right now.  "I hate people who are police officers and those who claim to be responsible for catching criminals," she said and Yoona winced with those words.

Now I will act on behalf of justice, I will find that bastard who killed my family!" she exclaimed with extreme pain and hatred. Then Yoona realized that things were a lot more complicated than she thought it would be. She thought that this case would just be very challenging and then she would eventually catch the criminal and return to Jessica showering kisses all over her face, but none of this seemed like it would happen anymore.

-

Please log in to read the full chapter