Welcome To Daegu

My Boss Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Seoul, South Korea - Gangnam - November 21 - 2 pm  - Seulgi Day 11.  

This is the exact address, right?

 

I’m currently inside a taxi with half of my closet with me, I mean, the majority of my clothes packed in four luggages.

 

Yes. Four.

 

I don’t know how long will I be staying there! The clothes that Hyejin bought for me were really cool. I consider them as my bests now.

 

I’m wearing a yellow blazer with a black torso and a pair of yellow shorts, matching the blazer, and a black ankle boots. Consider my new hair, which is blonde. What do you think?

 

I look like a banana.

 

Banana, indeed. But it’s y, though. I mean, I got the vibe of wearing outfits like this before, and I’m infamously known for it.

 

But I’m having a little problem.

 

I’m not sure about the address that Professor gave me. Yes, her condominium is located in Gangnam but I don’t know where… or? Wait, of course I know where, but I don’t know what building and– urgh! Such useless thoughts.

 

What happened yesterday was fine. The Professor taught me the basics, and she surely said that I can learn conformities in a small amount of time since I’m not that difficult. There are just few things that I really need to learn:

 

“Holding a wine glass should not be heedless, but it should be angled and delicate.”

 

Yep. Wine glass. Like, who teach those things? You can just grip it and just drink it, right?

 

But she said it’s a must. I mean, I don’t know what rich people do but what the heck? They’re too… extra? I don’t know.

 

“Greeting is not just bowing. Thank you is not just bowing. You serve respects in bowing, so you must do it precisely.”

 

Even bowing. What is wrong on earth? I will just live on Mars since this planet is rotten and rusty already. Might need some changes.

 

“And of course, the most important thing. Sitting.”

 

That is my biggest problem. I sit very carelessly. Chaerin noticed that whenever I come to her firm, just then yesterday, she addressed it and decided to change that habit.

 

I mean, it’s me. That is how I sit. Well, I just don’t know why is it so important? Sitting comfortably is a must, not sitting properly, geez.

 

Anyway, back to the issue. Where is her goddamn condo?

 

Informations like this is indeed classified. I mean, they have death threats too, that’s why. Addresses and other personal details are not disclosed.

 

“Hey, miss–” the driver said, “–we’ve been driving for a long time now.”

 

Gee.

 

“Oh, is that so? Then just stop right there at the corner.” I pointed the nook of the crosswalk.

 

As soon as the car stopped, I paid my lift and got out immediately, along with my four luggages placed on the trunk of the taxi.

 

God. I look like I ran away from home.

 

I exhaled a breath of lethargy. Well, I carried all that four luggages! The driver didn’t even help, what a scum.

 

Okay, now where are we heading?

 

I wandered my eyes around the area. Just like I said, Gangnam is still alien to me. I don’t know the whereabouts of this place.

 

“Ottoke?” I muttered under my breath.

 

I looked at the yellow note that the Professor gave me. It has the address of Irene Bae, but it just said: Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam. That does help? Nope, because I don’t know what ing building she lives in, alright?

 

Pedestrians are crossing, cars are honking, the city looks very busy, and here I am, seems very lost with four luggages with me. I told you, there’s nothing good in afternoons, as well as mornings. So basically, a day is equivalent to a hideous bull.

 

2:12 pm.

 

Well, my brain just decided to keep walking along with my four luggages. I don’t know how I pulled those through, but I believe that I’m a magician– so, yeah.

 

Well, this.

 

Cheongdam-dong. What the heck? Where is her building anyway? You know what, there’s only one option left:

 

Find the most prestigious condominium here.

 

That’s the solution. Of course, she’ll be there. I mean, she’s Irene Bae. I’m sure she will pick the most luxurious and grand condominiums here in Gangnam.

 

So I fished out my phone and searched about it. After a second, the address came out, and it seemed… strange.

 

Strange to just be a condominium building.

 

I brushed away the thought and proceeded on walking. It’s just hundreds of meters away from where I’m standing anyway, so no need to call a taxi.

 

And add the fact that I’m an economist too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s not a condo.

 

Who said it was a ing condo?!

 

No.

 

That is why there seems like an odd thing when I searched it, because I searched it wrong.

 

I repeat, it’s not a condo. Definitely, Irene Bae wouldn’t live in a condominium. Why didn’t I think of that?

 

It’s a ing penthouse!

 

Of course, it would be luxurious. I mean, penthouses are ing fancy, alright. Their garages are like a ing commercial studios or something. Maybe my whole apartment would be just her entrance lounge.

 

Based on the exterior, I cannot afford to live in this kind of , you know? I proceeded to go inside, and what greeted me are actually securities. Guards in suits stationed everywhere near the lobby, and what the hell! The interior of this building is heaven! The floors have red carpet, what the hell is this? Chandeliers that definitely cost millions are hanged very carefully. The marble floors that I can even just make a mirror, look at it! It’s ing shiny! Oh my god, I’m so ignorant but in a very cute way.

 

The receptionists are dressed very neatly, and there are five of them. Two boys and three girls. I approached the counter and they smiled at me in a form of greeting.

 

“Hello. What can we help you today?”

 

“Uh, is Irene Bae here?”

 

The receptionist’s face went from shocked and back to neutral again. “Miss Bae?”

 

“Uhm–” I lowkey kicked the other luggage on my right to stable it, “–yeah. Is she around?”

 

“Hold on a second, Miss?”

 

“Seulgi. Kang Seulgi.”

 

She nodded and typed whatever on her keyboard then aimed for the wired telephone on the desk.

 

I told you, she’d be living here.

 

After a few seconds of waiting, she gave me the floor number and signaled me on one of the elevators on the right. I mean, this building has countless elevators. I bet it’s also classy as .

 

I dragged my four luggages with me and stepped inside the lift. What’s the best part? Her floor is on the top floor. It always does, since she wants to be on top all the time.

 

No. Not the ‘top’ you’re thinking, you little…

 

After a few seconds of waiting inside this very rich lift, the elevator dinged and opened, yet what I saw was actually what I am expecting:

 

An entrance lounge that looks like my whole apartment. With guards, of course.

 

The men with black suits inspected me first and what’s ing annoying is that they even opened my four luggages, and let me tell you this, it took me forever to pile my clothes and press them in each luggage. So what basically happened is that the clothes sprung out of the bags, and my ing efforts in putting those inside were ruined.

 

Wow.

 

But what’s more annoying is that they just stacked it back without care. To be honest, I took it to the heart. My clothes are not that expensive but it’s ing valuable. Who does that ?

 

After that, they let me pass through the double-oak doors. What greeted me inside is heaven. A very neat and enormous place. Filled with gold and red linings, along with the marble white floor.

 

There are expensive paintings and things, even furnitures inside. But what caught my attention is her very own portrait in the middle of the hall.

 

Beautiful, indeed. 

 

I took my time to admire everything. Practically, it’s my first time in her house, and it would be a sin if you don’t like the interior of this. I mean, I would die to live here.

 

“You are late.” A frosty voice brought me back to my senses. “What happened to two o’clock sharp?”

 

Typical.

 

“Mianhae.” I loosened my grip on my luggages. “The address is complicated.”

 

She scanned me from head to toe with a cold demeanor. What is she thinking? I don’t know, since she’s very unreadable.

 

Care to compliment me? 

 

“Hmm.” She hummed before turning her heels around. “Make yourself at home. I just have something to do.”

 

What does she mean by that? And did she just ignore my new look? What a brat. 

 

Make myself at home? Like, legit? Look at the couches! I believe that I’m afraid to sit on it, do you know what I mean?

 

Before I can ask any more questions, she was nowhere in sight. Okay, what should I do? Sit? Why am I being like this?

 

I wandered around and sat on the small settee next to the big window. Outside the penthouse (which I can clearly see through the window) was a big terrace with an expansive pool, and I tell you, you could see the skyscrapers from here.

 

A sudden nudge made my neck snap at the comer.

 

“Do you want something, Miss?”

 

A housemaid.

 

“Uh, no need—”

 

Before I get to finish my sentence, she gave me a red wine. Should I accept it? I mean, she said make myself feel at home.

 

I accepted the drink and I don’t know why I did, but I just did. Does that make any sense to you? Probably not since I don’t make any sense in a way, but damn, this looks expensive.

 

The latter walked away in a careful manner and left me sitting there in the living room. Is she a housemaid here or just a chambermaid or something? Irene Bae doesn’t look like she is living with someone, consider the maids and guards.

 

I took a sip and guess what? It’s definitely expensive based on what it tastes like. I don’t know a lot about wines but I’m sure that this didn’t go to my taste buds before.

 

I was basically just sitting in silence and I admit that I’m in peace but, my worst nightmare has yet to come.

 

A sudden clumsiness of me is the one to blame. What happened was, I remember what Professor told me about holding a wine glass, and guess what? Right now, I’m holding it wrong.

 

Where’s the etiquette, Miss Kang? I can hear her saying that.

 

I decided to just hold it properly, so I placed my hands in a way that you consider as correct. Basically, as a dumb creature I am, I didn’t use my free hand, which is my left. Guess what happened? I dropped the wine glass. I closed my eyes for a brief second to hear the breaking of the it, but what surprised me, there was none. That’s where I realized that I made the biggest mistake and it’s worse than breaking the glass itself.

 

The red wine stained the lavish carpet.

 

I don’t know how much that costs! So actually, I’m broke. Can I just sell my soul now? Regardless, I would die in many ways.

 

Oh god. Stupid.

 

And there is a worst situation than this. I heard the closing of the door just right behind me.

 

She’s here.

 

Due to panic, I purposely dropped a throw pillow in a lowkey way on the exact spot where the stain is located on the carpet itself, then mentally prayed for her not to notice.

 

“Let’s talk.” Her voice is getting closer and closer.

 

. . Ottoke? Oh my god. What the hell, Seulgi!

 

I remained calm and composure to reduce the suspicion, but to be honest, I’m dying inside.

 

She dropped a folder with files on the table in front of me. “That is your role.”

 

My role?

 

“CEO-nim?”

 

“Read it first.” She glanced at the pillow on the ground and I was mentally praying for her not to lift it. Eventually, she let it go and sat on the opposite side.

 

I pressed my lips together and opened the folder that she gave me, and my eyes widened at what I saw:

 

NAME: Kang Seulgi

AGE: 26

ROLE: Fake fiancée for the succeeding days

STATUS: Heiress of the Kang Corporations in Singapore…

 

I didn’t continue the rest since I already know where this is heading, but actually, I’m very confused.

 

I looked up from the file I was reading and my face was unreadable due to many questions inside my head.

 

“Is there a problem?” She asked in her usual tone.

 

“Uhm–” I pointed the files, “–is this… legal?”

 

“Hmm.” She hummed. “It doesn’t matter.”

 

I don’t want to go to jail, you evil brat!

 

I stared at her in many ways I can explain. First, what the ? I mean, really. What the actual ? Second, are you kidding me? She gotta be joking, right?

 

“Let me explain that to you. You are Kang Seulgi, heiress of the Kang Corporations in Singapore—”

 

“Is there even a Kang Corporations?” I interrupted.

 

But that was I wrong move, it’s just too late when I realized it.

 

Don’t ever interrupt her.

 

She glared at me and I became quiet. Pure facts, she’s a hot, scary woman. I swear! Too bad she isn’t my type, though.

 

“Anyway, like I said. You are a heiress. It means you are not the Kang Seulgi that you are yesterday. Today, you are different. And starting today, you are my fiancée…”

 

I am her fiancée… I kept that in mind.

 

“… don’t worry. You will not go to jail if that’s what you’re concerning about. The Kang Corporations is not real, but I have my ways to make it one. My family has high standards and remember this, they should not know about a thing that is happening…”

 

That is… scary.

 

“… now, let’s start with our background. We met in Singapore last year due to a conference. No one knew about our relationship and we agreed to not publicize it, but starting today, my family will know about it…”

 

Family meeting, huh?

 

“… and I made sure that no one will talk about your real identity, so don’t worry about a thing. The goal is for us to get married then after all of this is done, we will divorce. Are we clear?”

 

Uhm. What is the reason why I’m here? I mean, I still don’t know why this is happening.

 

“Uhm. One more thing–” I shyly asked, “–what is the reason why I’m here?”

 

She raised a brow. “That’s none of concern, Kang. Now, shall we?”

 

Wa-what? Bull. 

 

She stood from where she was sitting and gestured her maids to carry her stuffs. I clicked my tongue and let me just say this, what did I just do? I didn’t tell this yet to the unnies and especially my brother. What would I say? That I’m marrying my boss? She said not to tell the that this is all fake, especially me. Am I fake? Maybe yes, maybe not. I don’t know what to think anymore.

 

I stood up all at once with the file on my right hand and I accidentally tripped over the throw pillow I placed to cover up my crime. The pillow was kicked purposely away and I was on the ground with a loud thud.

 

Ow.

 

I groaned in pain while the other heads inside the living room instantly turned around to the sound, including my boss.

 

How embarrassing.

 

But what I’m concerning about is the stain. Yes, the stain that I caused.

 

Oh . Don’t go here, don’t go here!

 

One of her maids decided to help me up but before she can even hold a hand, I raised my palm to stop her from doing doing so.

 

I smiled despite the pain on my knees, goddamn it! Why am I so unfortunate?!

 

With a heavy sigh, I stood up and purposely missed another throw pillow to cover up my dearest crime again. They didn’t notice the action because they were too concerned (maybe not Irene) about my well-being, but it!

 

I cleared my throat and brushed my clothes. What the hell? Did I just trip and fall in a very humiliating way? Oh god. Seulgi, you dead .

 

The chaperones went inside and carried all our stuffs, including mine. This is it. I’m going to Daegu. I never been there and I’m curious of how it looks like. They said, there are really pretty ladies and good-looking guy’s there. Guess I have to find out for myself.

 

I made a little research last night. In Seoul, Bae Residence is what they call the Bae’s home. But in Daegu, they call it the Bae Manor and Estate. Crazy. They really have a special place in South Korea.

 

We went outside and left the stained carpet alone. I’m thankful I did succeed in hiding that . Four chaperones rode with us on the elevator and the others that are carrying the stuffs, along with the maids, took the other lift.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter