Seventh Sketch

Sketch of Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eun," Shinhye slowly approached Jieun. She does not care if what is their current state in this life. She just wanted to touch and hug her, like a long lost sister. She lost counts of days but it isn't that long either - however to her it felt forever without Jieun.

Before she can hold Jieun's hand, Seojun grabbed her hand and stopped her. He intentionally wiggled his head which Shinhye sadly agreed.

 

Jieun and their Mom have not sensed anything and busy checking out the food delivery.

"I'm so happy that you made it." Their Mom tapped Jieun's head. "Oh, you cut your hair!" She delightedly said. "I wonder you look like a high schooler than a famous chef."

Seojun smiled. Shinhye saw it and realized even in this life, his brother is the same. He only see Jieun. Even he lacks at being honest on his own feelings.

"Yes, Mom." Jieun nodded. "I got it cut before fetching the deliveries today."

"This is the first time I saw you with a bob-cut hair since high school." Shinhye smiled. "How's life?" She wanted to ask every little thing about her but she must maintain the distance. In this life, they are just mere high school alumni.

 

Jieun laughed at her. "Why are you so serious, Shinhye?" Then she hugged her, Jieun was the one who hugged her. "Never been better." She said.

"Right, Shinhye. Why are you so formal? You girls started messaging and calling each other since last month." Their Mom chuckled and eyed Seojun. "Sorry, son. Girls' squad in here."

 

Seojun broke a laugh and looked at Shinhye. As if he is relieved at some point. Shinhye replied with a bright smile also. "How'd it happened then? You ladies should let me in, I bet you three has a group chat."

Their Mom sat and grabbed some coffee. "Jieun is always delivering food to me, then last month before she went to France for a workshop, Shinhye was here."

Seojun and Shinhye nodded, since this is the first time they heard it as well. Maybe Shinhye was there but not the Shinhye that is here now.

"Why you haven't said anything that Jieun is here all along?" Seojun asked, for himself not for his twin sis. "I thought we're strangers since high school."

Mom cleared . "How do I know? I thought you guys hang out all along." Then she laughed once again, which Shinhye is loving at the moment. More than ever her Mom's laughter is the best thing happened since that first wish of her.

 

"I'll get going now, I have a lot to do at the resto." Jieun said while fixing her delivery bag.

"You should stay with us and eat." Shinhye insisted. "There's a lot of these we can't eat it all. Plus, Seojun is on diet now."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter