Sixth Sketch

Sketch of Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chef Lee?" A voice of a man is heard while he is knocking the door. No response has been heard so he tried to knock again. "Chef Lee, you need to wake up."

Again, no response. The man kicked the door in his annoyance. "Hey, Lee Jieun. I'll break this door if you don't get up in thirty seconds. You always do this every morning." He sighed.

Jieun slowly open the door while scratching her face. "You're so loud." Then she made a tch sound.

"You have a busy day, Chef. I don't want any hitch." He tapped her head.

Finally, Jieun opened her eyes and see a very familiar face. "H-Haneul?"

Haneul brightly smiled. "Why? You already miss me? I just took a month of vacation but it seems it had a big effect on you."

Jieun kicked his right leg. "Dream on. So that's why I had a bad morning, it's because of your voice."

Haneul clung his hand to Jieun's arm. "Sometimes, you need to be honest. Just admit it, it won't make you less a chef."

Jieun answered by knocking his head. "Don't make me less a person, I might drag your feet away from my house."

"You really have a bad temper." Haneul laughed. "Thank goodness that you cook very well, if not you'll end up in the streets."

Jieun stopped from walking and looked at him, her eyes have a hint of madness and pity in them. "You really think so?"

"Yes!" He didn't hesitate. "But, if you'll end up in there I'll grab some newspapers for us to have blankets." Haneul winked. "Whenever you go, I'll follow you."

 

From there, Jieun broke a very loud laugh. "You haven't change a bit, Kang Haneul. You're always carefree with a bit of being responsible in the end." Then she was the one who clung her hand to him. "Is my coffee ready?" She cleared .

"Always," he said while smiling so brightly.

 

***

 

Shinhye already finished up her project with IU's album. What's the real irony at this mere situation is all of the things she knew is basically catered in this life. Everything she made for Jieun previously are being given to her now. In her life now, it is Jieun being taken away and everything she wanted to own at some point is hers now.

In this life, everything was hers in the first place. Nothing is being taken away. No one is pretending to be somebody. Even the little detail on her phone is sync to this life.

 

Shinhye smirked. "What a life." Then it followed with the deep sigh. She grabbed her phone and contact Seojun.

 

Hi, twin sis. What's up.

"Now that you're hired who will be my manager?" She asked.

That's simple. Call Mom. She'd be the happiest mother in town.

Shinhye stepped backwards and slipped her phone on her hand. She covered her face and started sobbing like a little kid.

Shinhye? What's happening there?

She never responded and continued crying.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter