Third Sketch

Sketch of Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jieun, my brother is asking me how are you." Shinhye said while her phone is currently on the line with Seojun. "Do you want to answer instead?" She smirked. "Stop making me like a bridge between you two every time."

Jieun just smiled however nicely disagreed. "We're not in that kind of relationship anymore, asking how are we every time seems weird and awkward."

"You heard it right, Park Seojun?" Shinhye raised her voice. "If you are like that, like nothing has changed, then you should get back at Jieun." She smiled at her.

 

Jieun weakly smiled.

I tried many times, she doesn't budge. Gosh, Shinhye. Have you even thought I want it this way? I never imagined my life with Lee Jieun. Seojun whispered over the line.

"Take care over there, don't overboard things especially with that kiddo Yonghwa." Shinhye ended the call and looked at Jieun. At this point, she knows something is up with Jieun. They knew each other since high school and till then she had never met as kind as her. Jieun is simply a miracle to her, to Seojun.

 

"Eun," she tapped her shoulder. "I'm sorry."

Jieun looked at Shinhye. "What's with that face? Did that prick Seojun said anything again?"

"I apologize for everything." Shinhye held her hands. "From that day you pretended to be my ghost painter up until now Seojun and I is breaking your heart."

Jieun laughed and pinched her hands. "From that day, you have been apologizing to me. Stop with it Shinhye, let's just move on."

"Why aren't you mad at me? Or maybe hating me does not help anymore. You are just so kind like nothing matters. Ever since you were my ghost painter, you haven't done anything you wanted for yourself.

 

Jieun bit her lips. "Stop it, Hye. Being mad or having too much impression at this won't make any difference." She said coldly. "You wanted an answer? Of course, I feel lonely sometimes. I am thirty years old for God's sake but I am having a life being driven by another person. You won't understand me but that’s okay. I don’t have any resentment."

From there Shinhye collapsed from crying. Fourteen years ago, that childish decision she had changed a lot of lives. Jieun hugged to console her.

"I felt those things but I do not blame you, Shinhye. Why would I stuck in here if I didn't like it along the way?" She smiled. "But I appreciate if we won't talk about this anymore, let's just move forward with our lives. Just as you said, changing ourselves at this point is tiresome."

"What if let's just stop it? I'll stop painting so you can stop doing these things." Shinhye desperately asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter