Twelveth Sketch

Sketch of Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I heard everything about it, Yonghwa." Shinhye calmly said while they are hanging out in a cafe which owned by one of his friends. She sighed. "You know, at all times I want to be honest with you. Because I know you do the same thing."

Yonghwa tried to smile but he can't, in front of her. He bit his lower lip instead. "Following that statement, did I fail you?"

"No," she hummed. "How do you even had that idea?" Then she held his hand, knowing they are cold as snow. "I always know you had your own reasons why you did not let me know. Or maybe your actions are letting me see it but I am so blinded enough to see the reality."

He caress her hands as she held it. "For all that reasons you have, do not ever think that it is your fault.

 

She took a deep breath. "So, what is your plan Yonghwa? You can't give up baseball."

He smirked a little. "Your question looks like an answer. You are asking me what should I do but at the same time I should continue playing baseball?"

"Is it offending?"

"Not a thing." He ruffles her hair. "Until I die, I'll never give up playing. However I really think baseball already left me years ago."

Shinhye looked at him with very solemn eyes. She do not know what to express, if she felt apologetic or having pity with the man he adore and love. She doesn't know how she can help him. "Do you feel unhappy when you are playing because of your situation?"

 

At this moment, Yonghwa shed a tear and just replied with a nod.

Shinhye immediately pulled him with a warm hug. "I'm sorry I haven't realized that enough."

Yonghwa responded to her embrace. He needed that, badly. "At least I have you."

Shinhye stopped. "Yonghwa, I want to ask you this. Just be honest with me."

"Hmm."

"What if you can have your body back in shape but lose me?" She asked in a very low voice, like she is whispering.

Yonghwa stopped from tapping her back.

 

Shinhye let a breath, waiting for his answer. His answer that's a choice for her.

 

 

***

 

Shinhye slowly opened the door, enough not to wake his brother. However even how careful she is, Seojun is sitting quietly waiting for her.

"Why the light is off? You are scaring me." Shinhye blurted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter