First Sketch

Sketch of Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Having two hours of sleep everyday makes me tired.” Jieun said after making a deep sigh. “I’m glad we are ending the exhibit in a week.”

Shinhye patted Jieun’s head, “don’t worry you are doing good.”

Jieun sighed and hugged Shinhye. “What will I do without you, Hye!” She stood up happily and begin filing her paintings. “Once we’re done this week, let’s take a long vacation. Let’s invite all of our close friends.”

Shinhye laughed. “Eun, after this exhibit you are going to do the art interface of IU’s album.”

Jieun opened her eyes very wide. “Really? That fast? I thought the contract is in two months?”

“The album will launch in two months.” Shinhye corrected. “You are not paying attention when we had that meeting.”

“Because you were there,” she pouted. “So I am not listening well, you know I am bad at those.”

Shinhye made a tch sound and started tidying her things. “Let’s go home for today, we have another busy day tomorrow.”

Jieun smiled. “Being a thirty year old is no joke, how do you manage so well?” She is waiting for Shinhye’s respond but she did not bought it. “Alright Manager Hye, let’s go home.”

 

“You only regard me as your Manager when I stop talking.” Hye smiled.

“Because I regard you always as my best friend, that’s why!” Eun clung her arm to her while they are walking.

 

 

***

 

“After playing in minor league for ten years, here we are!” Seojun clinked his beer glass to Yonghwa. “This is a good start on our thirtieth year on Earth.”

Yonghwa burst into laugh. “Do we look like losers right now, Jun?” He gulped his drink. “I knew a lot of players who started in Major on their early twenties.”

“You don’t know the drill, Hwa.” Seojun smirked. “All of those started earlier are retiring at the age of thirty, come to think of it. We got the best timing.”

“You always got me on your interpretation of time.” He initiated another cheer. “Let’s get wasted today and try harder tomorrow!”

“I wanna be sober for today, my sister will kill me.” He stopped. “After two or three glasses let’s call it a quits.”

Yonghwa pouted. “Your twin sister? You are still a scared cat towards her.”

Seojun laughed. “Are you serious right now? You’re pulling off like you aren’t scared of her.”

“I am not scared of her, Jun.” He reiterated. “Scared is not the best word. Haunted it is.”

“You are doomed, Hwa.” Seojun exclaimed. “If ever I slipped my tongue and say you are cursing her, you’ll never make a step on our house.”

“Then I’ll just go through the window to see your twin sis Shinhye.” Yonghwa said then raised his hand for another drink.

 

 

***

 

“GET UP!” Shinhye threw a pillow to Yonghwa while sleeping on the floor with Seojun. “If you’ll not get up in three seconds I promise I’ll call the cops. Forget playing in majors.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter