a show.

Love for Sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Present.

 

Bills. Past due. More bills.

 

Baekhyun’s bar had only been opened for roughly two years now, and he was already struggling to keep it running. He bought this small property immediately after pulling out his first loan, a few years back. At times, he couldn’t help but wondered if his actions were too rational during that moment. 

 

The interior consisted of a traditional bar counter which he modernized to look more minimalistic. Along with the sleek black counter, Baekhyun managed to squeeze in 6 stools in a crimson red shade that went perfectly well with his red and black theme. With the counter taking up most of his space already, he could only fit about 3 tables on the other side of the bar. And to tie everything together, he had LED wall designs to illuminate the place. Though it was not his initial vision, money became strictly sacred in the business world.

 

“Boss, can I take an early leave if no one comes in after 10?” his only employee begged. 

 

The two of them were used to alternate shifts since only one worker was really needed to run the place. On good days, his bar would at least be half filled…but for this size, the profit can barely be reached.

 

“Just go,” he dismissed his staff without thinking twice, especially during a week day like this.

 

As another half hour went by, the owner decided to close his bar early for the night since he doubt a single soul would show up. Baekhyun took a stroll down the busy street, just a few blocks away from his bar. He found it somewhat fascinating that a simple location could do so much for a business.

 

“How are they so busy on a Wednesday night…” he watched in awe as a line of youngsters gathered outside the most popular nightclub in his neighborhood.

 

But out of curiosity, he moved towards the group to see what the commotion was about since many of them had their phones out. For research purposes, he told himself. Baekhyun caught a glimpse of someone on the ground, between the mass audience. 

 

“Another headline for Cha Euna tomorrow,” he overheard a couple discussing on the side. 

 

Cha Euna sounded familiar but it didn’t quite click yet, perhaps a TV or online celebrity of some sort. Nonetheless, Baekhyun pulled himself out of the crowd to avoid getting involved.

 

“Yo, she’s taking off her clothes! You have to come here now!” a teenager who was still in his school uniform, explained to his friend over the phone.

 

Do not get involved, do not get involved, he kept repeating to himself. However, the crowd was getting bigger by the minute, and it became hard to watch these people go about with this messed up idea. 

 

“Where are the damn securities,” he muttered under his breath, but it was all too late. Baekhyun found himself storming through the crowd and with much struggle, he managed to squeeze past them.

 

There he spotted an intoxicated girl with nearly half of her blouse ed. He sighed as he stripped off his jean jacket to cover her. 

 

“Stop recording this,” he firmly told the audience.

 

Some did put away their phones, but a few managed to laugh it off instead. They even brought their cameras closer to his face, but that seemed to be the last straw for him. With one swift motion, he snatched a phone away from one of the individuals while taking another one by his collar.

 

“I said, stop.” he growled, his grip tightened around his opponent’s fabric

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter