a memorial.

Love for Sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Heiress’s New Man,” the headline read. Euna tapped ‘like’ on her phone, and continued to do so with other articles about her. It was quite entertaining, to her amusement. 

 

“Cha Euna!” an infuriated voice shouted through her bedroom walls.

 

The young heiress met eyes with her grandmother, and with a wide smile on her face, she ran over to give her caretaker a tight embrace. Despite being a handful, her grandmother still acknowledged her with a warm greeting. 

 

“I miss you,” Euna pouted, going in for another hug.

 

“Look at you. You’re a mess!” the older woman stood back to observe her granddaughter.

 

“And the headlines! Again?! What about Suho?” she continued to lecture.

 

Euna sighed, she was starting to get tired of hearing her ex’s name being mentioned all the time. Her grandmother had a soft spot for the him. A wholesome business man with a good family background, basically everyone’s ideal type. But that was the problem, he was too good. 

 

“We were never going to work out since the beginning,” Euna explained.

 

“Well he’s much better than whoever this blurry face person is. Look at his hair, it’s almost my color!" she pointed to her gray stands for visual.

 

Euna held back her laughter, but her grandmother was just way too cute. She apologized sweetly, making sure to tie in a loose-end promise to never do something like this again. But the older woman knew her granddaughter too well to not doubt her promises. Putting this ridiculous matter aside, she actually came here to discuss something else with Euna.

 

“Dear…” she started again, her voice much softer this time. The girl immediately knew from the tone of her voice. It always started like this, she thought to herself.

 

“I’m not going,” Euna took the liberty to answer before the question was even asked.

 

“Honey, it’s your parents’ death anniversary next week. We need you there. You have not been to a single event since the day they…” she paused, not wanting to finish the sentence.

 

Euna gave her grandmother a small smile, then planted a peck on her cheek before leaving the room. 

 

“You’ll be fine without me,” she managed to say on her way out.

 

 

“Boss! Boss!” Mark stormed into the bar before his shift even started. 

 

Two years ago, Baekhyun hired Mark shortly after meeting him through a mutual friend. Mark was an exchanged student from Canada, but had since resided in Korea for the time being. When he first found out about Baekhyun’s business venture, he went as far as tracking down the exact bar just to apply for the position. Seeing how desperate he was, Baekhyun had a hard time rejecting him.

 

“What?” his boss grumbled

 

“I know the face is blurred out, but I swear..this is you!” Mark shoved his phone into his employer's hand. 

 

Baekhyun sighed, he already saw this coming when there were at least 10 cameras pointed straight at him last night. It was the right call to not get involved, he mentally regretted. 

 

“But boss, are you really Cha Euna’s new man…just cur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter