a steamy night.

Love for Sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Baekhyun returned a smile, which caught the heiress by surprise. What does that mean, her inner voice screamed at his unclear signal. Euna crossed her arms impatiently, waiting for him to react or at least respond.

 

“Are you…drunk?” his chuckle lifted the silence between them.

 

You’re so clueless, she wanted to tell him but chose to hold back.

 

“That wasn’t a confession, by the way. It was a warning.” 

 

The smile on his face quickly faded as she continued to explain. His heart knew that he wanted the confession to just be a joke of hers. In this way, he wouldn’t have to push her away like he usually would in this type of situation. 

 

Euna continued, “A warning for you to prepare yourself. I make people fall for me in an instant!”

 

The tone of her voice completely changed into a more mischievous manner in order to cover for the failed confession attempt. For some reason, he saw right through what she was trying to do, but Baekhyun still played along to avoid a potential awkward night.

 

“Are you hungry?” he quickly changed the subject. Her stomach growled just in time to answer his question. With the lack of food options beside a small corner store, Baekhyun opted for a fast food dinner. He brought back two burgers and a large fries for them to share. The small space in the cabin created a surprisingly cozy atmosphere as the pair made enough room on the nightstand to lay out their menu. 

 

Euna observed closely at the picky individual in front of her, shaking her head in disapproval when she saw him take out the slices of pickled cucumber in his burger. It felt even more offensive to her since she was a pickle lover. 

 

“I hate cucumber,” he mumbled, taking out the last slice.

 

“Hater.” Euna rolled her eyes, picking up the pieces that he took out and popped it in naturally. She never fails to amaze Baekhyun in the most unexpected ways, it was always so difficult to predict her next move. But he absolutely adored that about her, almost like unwrapping a treat without knowing what flavor you’ll might get.

 

“Is it me or is it a little cold in here,” the heiress placed down her half eaten burger to retrieve a blanket from the bed. She then wrapped her whole upper body with it before coming back for another bite of her dinner.

 

“What are you talking about? It’s ridiculously humid in here,” Baekhyun scoffed. Paying no attention to him, Euna focused on finishing up her burger as she started to feel a rush of fatigue kicking in. It must have been from the long day, she told herself. 

 

“Are you sure? It feels really cold,” her voice cracked slightly. The bar owner gradually grew more worried, watching her shiver through this Summer heat. Once the girl started to produce cold sweats, Baekhyun instantly rushed over to her side. He took a closer look at her face, which was starting to lose its color. 

 

“Euna!” he tried to unravel the thick cloth around her, seeing how much she was sweating in it. 

 

“No, don’t…” she refused to let go, tugging on to the blanket tightly around her overheating body. He knew she wasn’t lying about being cold, but if her physical body is heating up rapidly, then something must be wrong. Just to confirm, Baekhyun brought a hand up to her forehead and the other to his own. The temperature difference was enough to tell that she was having a fever, and it was definitely plausible from walking around in those wet clothes earlier.

 

“You’re burning up,” he whispered, helping her promptly over to the bed. Euna brushed off the cold chills, reassuring him that she felt fine. That didn’t stop him from rummaging through the whole cabin for anything that could help her relieve the fever.

 

“Finish this,” Baekhyun handed her a water bottle before heading for the door. He looked back anxiously at the sick girl, “I’ll be right back. I need to ask for some medicine.”

 

Euna felt horrible for being such a huge burden, both embarrassed and disappointed in today’s turn of events. She never expected any of this to occur, but to have it all crash down at once made her feel even more guilty. 

 

“I found it!” he came darting through the wooden doors and letting it slam shut on its own. Baekhyun immediately uncapped the bottle of Ibuprofen that the owner gave him. He gone off for roughly 5 minutes, but Euna could tell how much of a struggle he went through from the weary expression on his face. 

 

She thanked him, taking the pill as instructed. The least she could do to make his life a l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter