a date.

Love for Sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“About earlier…forget what I said. It was a slip,” Baekhyun mumbled, his eyes locked on the road ahead. A very unfamiliar one, now that he realized.


“Where are we going exactly?” he looked out at the foreign surrounding, somewhat nervous from the silence. On the contrary, the driver skillfully cut through the streets as if she was a local here. It actually took Baekhyun by surprise at how natural she was.

 

“Honestly, I have no idea where I’m going,” Euna admitted confidently. He knew it was too good to be true. As soon as she broke the news, Baekhyun pulled out his phone to find a map of the place. To make things more complicated, this rural area had terrible connection. 

 

“Let’s pull over somewhere, I need WiFi to access the map,” he suggested while motioning his hand off to a random cafe on the side of the road. The pair ordered a single cup of Americano just to use the store’s internet. Once he got a connection, Baekhyun immediately punched in his home address. The heiress chewed on her straw, slightly disappointed that he already thought about heading back. Of course, she wouldn’t let this one chance slip like this. Euna easily swiped the phone out of his grip then deleted the inputted address. Instead, she scrolled through the surrounding area for a different location to explore. 

 

“Give it back,” the older one demanded, holding out a hand patiently for her to return his phone. 

 

“Take it,” she smirked. The heiress stood up, holding her cup of coffee and mischievously slipped his phone inside of her jumpsuit front pocket, located right in the middle of the chest area. 

 

He shot her a look, his eyes rolling upwards in frustration. Before he could make anything out of this situation, the girl already took off on her own. With a heavy sigh, he had no other choice but to follow behind the new owner of both his car and phone.

 

“You should feel honor that Cha Euna is taking you out on a date. People would do anything to be in your position,” she started the car again with a direction in mind this time.

 

“I’d gladly give up my spot,” he grumbled.

 

Baekhyun paid close attention once the road became less distinctive as time went by. After another 10 minutes or so, she finally parked the car along the side of the unidentified road which lead to a rest area. The breeze felt much cooler on this camping ground space, surrounded by tall trees all around. The place was also occupied by a few cabins, for camping purposes he assumed, as well as a small directory office. 

 

“No, we’re not camping. Our destination is over there,” Euna pointed to a hiking trail sign, labeled Wisteria Lake. At this point, it was already too late to turn back now and the fact that she held his possessions hostage did not help either. 

 

“Let's go!” she tugged his arm excitedly towards the path. It was a rather tight, one way trail, leading up to the lake. Euna used her hands to shield her shirt fabric from being caught on some protruding branches along the side. Seeing how much she was struggling, Baekhyun slowed his tracks to let the girl walk in front. Though she didn’t catch on quick enough to notice the empty space he left. To make things easier for the both of them, he gently got a hold of her shoulders and moved the girl to the center. 

 

“I’ll follow behind,” he stated, failing to witness the flustered girl in front of him. The short hike ended before they even knew, arriving at the scenic lake in no time. It seemed to be a very popular spot, they figured from the many groups of people who arrived before them. The heiress strolled past the crowd, determined to find a hidden spot with less bodies while pulling Baekhyun along with her. Luck was definitely on her side that day as she discovered an off trail path that led them to a smaller lake. The pair instantly acknowledged why this little landmark was named Wisteria Lake. The so-called 'Chinese lavender' variety bloomed effortlessly during the Summer season, drooping down from its branches from all sides of the lake. 

 

“Wow,” they uttered at the same time from the unexpected beauty. The girl wasted no time, slipping out of her shoes to enter the water. She dipped her toes into the lake, causing her to flinch in surprise at the sudden temperature drop. Euna ended up submerging both feet into the water as it felt exceptionally satisfying in this heat. Though the bar owner stayed behind, not wanting to risk his clothes getting wet.

 

“Come!” she waved a hand, which he sternly refused by shaking his head. Using her last resort, she pulled out his phone from her pocket then proceeded to wave the device around. 

 

“This girl…” he groaned quietly before forcing himself to walk over.

 

“Take this,” she handed him her phone instead, “I want a full body picture with the background included!”

 

Baekhyun stared at her, dumbfounded and unable to absorb the instructions given to him. Nonetheless, he held up the phone and to the best of his ability, snapped a few pictures. Though her expression was clearly disappointed once she scrolled through the photos, three to be exact. 

 

“You’re really…horrible at this…” her face cringed at the bad images. That hurt his pride for some reason, being called out like this. 

 

“Give me that,” he reached for her phone again in order to make up for the last set of photos. Finding his competitive mode quite adorable, Euna decided

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter