a third party.

Love for Sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“You didn’t have to drive me back,” Euna fiddled with her fingers, somewhat nervous to speak again after the whole sob party from earlier. It would also be the first time since either one of them spoke during the ride.

 

“It’s fine, I wanted to return your car as well,” he simply said. 

 

The atmosphere felt weird, but not in an uncomfortable way. They were both scared to say anything to each other at this point. Fortunately, they reached the heiress’s driveway before the silence could drag out. Baekhyun turned off the engine at once then handed her the keys. They stood outside for a good minute or so, facing each other but neither wanted to open their mouth first. 

 

“Sorry!” they both suddenly blurted out in unison.

 

As the apology came out unexpectedly from both ends, they couldn’t help but laugh it off. Just when Euna regained enough courage to speak again, a voice called out to her. The voice belonged to Suho, who came running towards them in a pair of sweats and a plain t-shirt. He must have rushed here, she judged by his how his usual groomed hair was let down. 

 

“I just got back from Japan. Is everything okay? I got a call from your staff and Baekhyun, did something happen?” Suho placed his hands on her girl’s shoulders, turning her slightly to face him. He then leaned down to her level to observe her carefully. 

 

The bar owner watched in displease, but didn’t realized how much it bothered him until he caught himself scowling at the whole scene. Though he kept his eyes on the pair, watching their every move despite his subtle discomfort. 

 

Euna smiled, “I’m fine. Grandmother got into a small accident, but she’s okay now.”

 

The CEO sighed in relief in return, but continued to bombard her with questions. Feeling somewhat like an outcast, Baekhyun slowly stepped away from the pair. But his hopes to disappear without them noticing did not go as planned.

 

“Wait,” the heiress stopped him by his wrist, “Tomorrow, we’ll try the tasting again tomorrow.”

 

The bar owner replied with a simple nod before bidding the two goodbye. Suho caught her beaming in excitement by just the small gesture. From his experience, he knew the girl was completely smitten by the older one. Though he knew too little about Baekhyun to make any judgment, he needed to see the bar owner again.

 

 

Using the only day off from work to her advantage, Euna dug through her walk-in closet for the perfect summer fit. She tried on her 5th dress, only to end up wearing a woven jumpsuit over a white t-shirt, and a pair of white converse to tie the outfit together. For a last minute accessary, the girl threw on a matching bow to tame her messy hair bun. Euna scanned her clock, relieved that she still had a little time left before Baekhyun would arrive.

 

“Miss,” a staff knocked softly, “Mr. Kim is downstairs waiting for you.”

 

The heiress tilted her head in confusion, unsure what Suho was doing here without her acknowledgement. She headed down with the staff and was greeted by an unlikely cheeky smile. 

 

“What are you doing here?” she went straight for the question.

 

“It’s my day off, and wine tasting sounds fun.” Suho shrugged, accompanied by a wide grin on his face. 

 

"It's not wine tasting...nevermind-" she sighed. Euna crossed her arms together, not buying a single bit of his statement. The forced innocent look on his face was enough for her to read his scheme, whatever it was. By the time she caught on, it was already too late. From the corner of her eye, she could see Baekhyun’s car pulling up to her driveway.

 

“I call shotgun,” her childhood friend winked playfully then proceeded to run off as she was about to protest. Here’s to a long day ahead, she thought to herself. From the baffled look on Baekhyun’s face, it was safe to say that he took it much more unpleasantly than she did.

 

“What’s the occasion…?” he eyed their uninvited guest. Suho casually placed himself in the passenger seat as if he knew Baekhyun for ages. Seeing how he already made himself comfortable, the two had no other choice but to adjust their appointment to cater a party of 3 instead.

 

Euna spent the first hour of their ride sending death glares directly at Suho for ruining a potential ‘date’ of hers. Not to mention, for being such a talkative person, she rarely got to say a thing without being interrupted by the CEO. After failing to get through a single conversation between the two guys in front, Euna decided to close her eyes for a short nap.

 

Suho stole a quick glimpse at the sleeping girl, who’s head started to sway side to side due to the bumpy road. He held back his laugh while his hand instinctively lowered the radio volume for her, around the same time when Baekhyun also reached for it. Being just a split second too late, the bar owner pulled back his hand in defeat. Once they made a complete stop at a red light, he took the opportunity to observe her through the rear mirror. A smile plastered on his face automatically from her strange, yet oddly adorable sleeping position. She sat by the window side while the side of her cheek rested against the glass. The pressure against her skin formed a picture-worthy p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter