a regret.

Love for Sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Euna arrived in front of the bar, as promised. Though the commotion happening just inside became more apparent as she got closer.

 

“How much did they pay you!” she flinched by his tone of voice. The heiress spotted Baekhyun and another figure, who looked awfully familiar. The guy from that one drunken night, she recalled upon doing a double take at Chanyeol. The two men were too occupied glaring at each other to even notice her presence.

 

“How much did they pay you…for you to work with a company that killed your own girlfriend,” she heard Chanyeol loud and clear this time, enough for Euna to not even second guess his statement. 

 

“What…did he say?” she finally spoke for the first time.

 

Both heads turned to the girl’s direction, taken back by her sudden appearance. This is bad, Baekhyun thought as he literally stood between the two. The younger brother peered at Euna, trying to remember where he had seen her before. Though it had been a few years, he could still vaguely remember the times when his boss’s daughter would drop by the company. 

 

“You’re their daughter…” Chanyeol muttered without taking his eyes off her. He then shifted his attention over to the bar owner, followed by a hysterical laugh. 

 

“Byun Baekhyun, tell me the truth. Is it the looks or is it the money that you’re after,” his friend emphasized. This had gotten a bit too far now that Euna was standing there, witnessing everything. He shot Chanyeol a look for him to shut up, but he continued to push his limit. The laughter evaporated from his eyes as he pushed Baekhyun aside. He headed towards the heiress, his facial muscles twitching in annoyance from all the scenarios running through his mind.

 

“What kind of sick fate brought you two together,” he spat. Yet, instead of erupting her anger at him, Euna was surprisingly very calm. 

 

With a smile, she responded sarcastically, “Did your height bring up your ego as well?” 

 

“What the fuc-“ he shot back, only to be cut off by a more serious comeback this time.

 

“Don’t you dare mock me, or him. Do me a favor and take your anger elsewhere.”

 

Slightly speechless by her blunt attack, Chanyeol could only retaliated by shutting her down. “You don’t know anything,” he hissed.

 

“You’re right. But I do know that he cares too much about you to shut you up,” she pointed to Baekhyun. The tension rose between all of them, any longer and this might just break out into an actual brawl. Chanyeol held back his tongue, realizing that he may have been out of line due to his anger. Likewise, he retreated by taking a step back before things could get out of hand. And just like that, the younger brother left the bar without saying another word.

 

Following his departure, Euna wanted to take her leave as well. After dropping off the documents she brought for Baekhyun, she went straight for the door. The girl had way too much information to absorb in a short time, and being here alone with him did not help either.

 

“Euna,” he unknowingly called out. Her name escaped his lips before he even realized. It would be a lie to say that she wasn’t curious, but she knew it wasn’t her place to ask him anything.

 

“My parents…” she managed to start, “…you knew about them, right?”

 

Yes, he wanted to tell her, but for some reason he couldn’t even utter the simple word. It wasn’t that he was trying to deceive her by hiding the connection between them, it was simply too painful to bring up for the both of them. Not wanting to drag the silence on any longer, the heiress shrugged off the question.

 

“What am I even saying. Of course you do, it was all over the news. Everyone knows,” she laughed. There it was again, Baekhyun noted. That forceful smile that she used to put on when they first met. Somehow it saddens him to see it again. 

 

“I’ll see you at our next meeting. Goodnight.” 

 

 

The drive home was an absolute torture for Euna. Her mind, flooded by questions that she regretfully wanted to ask him. The most annoying part was knowing she could never bring herself up to say it. Therefore, she would just have to sleep on this matter…as if she could.

 

“I jinxed myself,” the heiress cursed out loud, scanning the wall clock in front of her. It was already 1AM in the morning, which meant she had been rolling around in bed for the last 2 hours. 

 

“I can’t do this anymore,” Euna let out a heavy sigh, shooting straight up from her position to grab her phone. She confidently pulled up his number, typing away her frustration before struggling to click send. In fact, she spent another half an hour rereading the paragraph that she drafted, only to delete the whole thing after deliberating. Euna forced herself to go back to sleep, but it didn’t seem to help one bit except the fact that it made her even more frustrated.

 

By 2AM, she dragged herself out of bed, eyes fuming in determination and a hint of desperation at this point. The girl slipped on a simple oversized hoodie and a pair of sweats then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter