a payment.

Love for Sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It was Mark’s turn to open the bar the next day. He yawned again from the lack of sleep after last night’s crazy shift. One of his first tasks consisted of checking the store’s mailbox. Especially during this time of month, bills are always coming in. Mark grabbed the letters and began going through them like he usually would. He separated the bills from the advertisements, but there was one specific letter in a blank enveloped. Out of curiosity, he opened the letter only to have his first mental breakdown of the day. Inside was a check for $10,000, signed by the heiress herself.

 

“$10,000?!” he covered his mouth in shock. 

 

The employee stuffed the letter back into the envelop before calling his boss on his day off. 

 

“Boss, I really need you to come to the bar right now because I’m holding a lot of money and I don’t know what to do with it,” he explained nervously over the phone.

 

Baekhyun arrived within 10 minutes, a new record considering that it usually take a lot longer to get here. Sporting his tousled hair, he rushed into the bar, still in his sweats and a plain t-shirt.

 

“It’s $10,000, exactly. I kept slapping myself to see if it was real,” Mark stuttered while waving the piece of paper in the air.

 

Baekhyun snatched the check out of his hand to confirm for himself.

 

“This girl is insane,” he muttered under his breath, running his hand through his hair stressfully.

 

“Mark,” he said without taking his eyes off the hefty check, “Do you know where she is?”

 

 

Euna swallowed another painkiller pill since waking up this morning. Though she wasn’t completely drunk, her hungover reminded her of how much she actually drank. 

 

“Miss Cha, I have the notes for the meeting this afternoon,” her assistant handed a document.

 

Inside the folder were some progress reports along with a summary of the the meeting subject. She thanked her assistant before getting back to work. The heiress managed to follow up on a couple of her current projects, all while battling out with this painful headache. Since starting this job at a young age, she was able to obtain the necessary information to do well enough for her role. No more, no less, she only needed to do enough to keep the company running.

 

On her way out to the next meeting, Euna dropped off the finished reports on her assistant’s desk to send off. CC is a large corporation that invest in different branches across the country. It can be described as the powerhouse of these different companies that are contracted with them. Their main role is to invest in these brands and in return, profit off a percentage of their profit. One of Euna’s special skills is her ability to select the best brands for the company, racking up double the profit since last year. That also means that Cha Euna is extremely strict on which companies are selected.

 

Today’s meeting was held specifically for these companies to sell their ideas to her. If successful, their growth would be exponential with her support. Each representatives had about 10 minutes for their presentation before the heiress decide if investment was worth it. The next company up made everyone whisper, both good and bad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter