a reward.

Love for Sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**warning: excessive fluff ahead.

 

 

 

Her lashes began to flicker excessively, eyes darting back and forth to avoid the pair peering right at hers at the moment. Byun Baekhyun and his darn handsome face, as she noted, was enough to make her nervous without even saying a single word. How long have they been standing in silence, the suspense was gradually killing her. 

 

After a good minute of torturing the girl in silence, Baekhyun finally moved his lips. Though his short reply was enough to shut down every nerves in her body. “Should we date then?” he asked her, almost too casually to be taken serious.

 

“You’re teasing me right now, aren’t you?” she frowned.

 

“Should we head inside to see if I’m serious or not?” Baekhyun nodded his head towards the apartment building. Something about the blank expression on his face made it much hard for Euna to read his intention. She eventually shrugged off his mixed signal; after all, her purpose of coming here was to inform him about their grand reopening. Euna ended up ignoring his whole statement, refusing to get her emotions all messed up. She picked up her head again to relay the simple message that could probably be reminded through text. 

 

“Grand reopening in 4 days, don’t forget,” the heiress quickly muttered before making her escape. Baekhyun lowered his head as his lips stretched into a genuine smile. Though a small part of him wished that she did stay a bit longer, even just a few more minutes would suffice. 

 

The following few days became a huge blur in his memory, mainly due to the fact that he spent majority of his time preparing for the reopening. Neither one of them crossed path during that time, but even if they did, they probably wouldn’t have noticed. Mark left early that night since the bar was closed for preparation, but the owner refused to waste even a single minute to spot check the whole place. Less than 24 hours before the big reveal, it was safe to say that this event was much more nerve-racking than his first grand opening.

 

“We’re closed!” he heard a light knock up front. The knocking stopped, but the door eventually flung opened anyway despite his answer.

 

“I said-“ Baekhyun paused, pulling himself up to greet his regular customer in an instant. 

 

“Sorry, I know it’s late but I just got out of work..” Euna ducked her head apologetically while bringing up the bouquet of flowers that she hid behind her back. 

 

“Congratulations,” she added. 

 

Baekhyun reluctantly accepted the bouquet, though it felt slightly odd to be on the receiving end. Nonetheless, he thanked the girl then went to fetch her a drink, a non-alcoholic one this time.

 

“Don’t stress about the results, just enjoy yourself tomorrow.” Euna gave him a piece of advice as if she could read his mind. Truth is, the look on his face says it all. Even a clueless child could probably tell how stressed out he was. Who knows when was the last time that he had a full night of sleep, judging from the dark circle under his eyes.

 

“Are you…dropping by tomorrow?” he brought himself up to ask. 

 

Euna rested her elbow on the bar counter, using a hand to prop her chin up. With a wide grin plastered on her face, she dove straight into her usual mischievous self again. 

 

“Why, do you want me there?” she . The heiress bit her bottom lip slightly to prevent herself from cracking up, she wanted to look as chic as possible to maintain her image. But the small gesture was enough to kickstart a surprisingly weak heart of his. Baekhyun forced his eyes to wander off elsewhere, but they somehow always end land back on her lips. 

 

“It’ll be nice to have you there…” he whispered, eyes still locked on his target. Euna brought a hand up to her face to brush off whatever Baekhyun was staring so intensely at. She heard him chuckle, assuming that he was just making fun of instead.

 

“What is it?” Euna groaned, now running both hands all over her face for a clue. The laughter eventually came to a halt as he extended his own hand out to cup the side of her face. Baekhyun gently swept away a fallen eyelash on her cheek from the excessive rubbing that she was coaxed into. The heiress summoned enough courage to meet his gaze in the midst of trying to hold herself together. His soft touch was absolutely irresistible, almost addictive. Euna naturally rested the side of her cheek against his palm, a much needed therapy after the long work day. 

 

“How much do you charge to stay in this position?” she murmured, her fingers wrapping securely around his wrist to keep him from pulling away. The way his eyes crinkled when smiling was the cutest thing she had ever witnessed. A whole ray of sunshine, she thought to herself. Her sunshine.

 

“If you keep looking at me like that, I’ll might just fall in love with you again,” the girl announced unexpectedly. At some point in her life, she wondered where her confidence came from, or perhaps just did the talking without knowing the consequence first.

 

“Would this help?” Baekhyun leaned forward, exaggerating his eye smile to poke fun at her. His cheekbones rose up in the process, making it impossible for the heiress to resist herself from pitching those mochi-like features

 

“Stop,” she chuckled, using her free hand to block his face. 

 

“What about this?” the bar owner proceeded to cup her whole face with his hands and brought their foreheads together at once. As the tip of his nose landed on hers, Euna attempted to retreat until he swiftly turned her head right back to his proximity. 

 

“Is this enough to make you fall in love again?” his lips began to move, a bit too close for her own good. Euna tightened her grip around his wrist as a reflex, clearly about to lose her mind if he continue to be this flirtatious. At around the same time, an unlikely savior came to her rescue before she could. Baekhyun’s employee barged into the empty bar without notice, sending the pair right back to their appropriate positions. The anxious owner faked a cough to hide his flustered face, whereas the girl pretended to be on her phone as if nothing happened.

 

“Sorry for the intrusi- oh, Euna’s here too!” Mark beamed.

 

“Are we excited for the opening tomorrow?” the employee casually joined the conversation after retrieving the wallet that he apparently left at the register. Euna caught a quick glimpse at a very unamused face, not to mention the deadly aura around him. Ironically, Mark was either ignoring the fact that his boss was glaring intensely at him, or he was simply just oblivious about the situation. 

 

“What? Did I interrupt something?” he innocently asked, scanning the other two for answers. He never got his answer that night, and they planned to keep it that way.

 

 

The opening day finally arrived. Baekhyun scrambled to add the finishing touches to the place. Out of all days, they chose Friday to attract the weekend crowd. Which also meant that this place would be packed in a few hours. 

 

“Boss, we’re still waiting for the shipment,” his employee informed him. This was one of the many worries that he tried avoiding. Due to road construction, their shipment of the new menu items had been delayed for the past 2 days. Baekhyun tried calling the brewery again to check on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter